• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any good tire to recommend

Guest Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For good all round performance I think most brands are a-okay in terms of normal cruising and wet weather handling.

The differences are more glaringly noticeable only when hard corners and a couple of laps on the tracks are involved.

Thumbs up for the Eagle F1s so far. Both Thai and German made versions have been well received but the German made ones seem to have the edge.

You can also try Michelin Pilot Preceda 2. I think kepiting1sg uses that on his W203. Ask CBlack with regards to Continental Sport Contact tyres. I believe he has them fitted to his W204.

The Toyo T1Rs look pretty nice too and are quite reasonably priced for a 225/45/17 size.

Guest kopimonster

eagle F1s are the most bang for buck tyres around IMO and they are excellent in the wets. however, from what i know, 17" and below are made in thailand.

alternatively, you might want to try dunlop sport maxx, they are a fairly good all rounder and provide decent grip in the wets as well.

but if you are in the mood for good performance tyres, try PS2, cost a bomb, but you wont regret it ;)

juz my 2 cents

Guest Cklasse

I am running the Goodyear F1, German made, 225R17 / 45.

The German ones are getting difficult to find in most shops, the common ones are Thai ($50 lesser than German) and Chinese made.

This F1 is proving to be good enough for wet and the occasional cornering. I would love to have the Pilot Sport II, unfortunately it cost too much.

Just changed to Michelin Pilot Preceda and it feels quite good. Quieter than Conti 2. Last used Conti 2 and it didnt last long. Price difference $20 per tyre. Now got Conti 3 already....but $$ ex

:)

Guest frasier

I used Pirelli P-zero Rosso, before switching to Eagle F1 (German made).

Even though the Pirellis are "old model" tyres, I still preferred them to the Eagle F1s.

They just felt more precise as compared to what I consider the "floppy" feel of the F1s.

Even my wife felt the difference. Now that tells you something about the Pirellis!

depends on which dealer u talk to .. some will swear by X-tire while others will go for Y-tire ..

my friend had Toyo T1R and feels it is bang-for-$ vs F1 GSD (Germany) ... he had tried both ...

but one dealer told me Merc too 'heavy' for T1R and will wear them out pretty fast - recommends Conti2 (C3 was not available then) & Sports Maxx

was using csc2 and currently on csc3.. imo, its a really good tire. great grip on both wet and dry, and it also grips well when doing fast turns. when compared to csc2, the csc3 gets a 4.5/5 rating.

;D

• 4 weeks later...

Just swapped to CSC3. Love them to bits!!!

Freaking Godsend when compared to my old Bridgestone Turanzas.

my C200 came with dunlop sports MO. not sure what this is, but realised it is quite noisy at rough expressway.

any recommendation a good quiet tyre which is reasonable at grip? comfort comes first for me.

my C200 came with dunlop sports MO. not sure what this is, but realised it is quite noisy at rough expressway.

any recommendation a good quiet tyre which is reasonable at grip? comfort comes first for me.

can try GR80 ... well known for comfort and quiet ... friend changed to this on his Volvo S60 - seems very happy with them ...

can try GR80 ... well known for comfort and quiet ... friend changed to this on his Volvo S60 - seems very happy with them ...

used GR80 on previous ride. non performance, was quiet comfort initially. after prob 5k noise and stiffness kick in.

comparing CSC2 and Michellin PP2, which is better in terms of reasonable performance, and quiet as well.

Been using the CSC2 and it's damn noisy. and it's bloody pricey too. wanna try out the toyo T1Rs. any cheap shops to recommend? i don't feel i'm getting the best deals from Stamford...

• 2 weeks later...

Been using the CSC2 and it's damn noisy. and it's bloody pricey too. wanna try out the toyo T1Rs. any cheap shops to recommend? i don't feel i'm getting the best deals from Stamford...

read that michellin primacy MV4+ is good and quiet. any bro has experience?