• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I'm new here & I just got my first Merc!

Guest merc212

Guest merc212

kepiting1sg wrote:

I don't know about PI Merc but I bought a PI non Merc last year.

The PI don't give the owner the original service manual which on

the 1st page contains the details of the vehicle & the options that came with it. The 1st page also contain the "stamp" & name of the overseas

authorize dealer.

Meaning the owner doesn't know where the car was 1st registered for inspection and de-registered before shipping to Singapore.

Meaning the owner don't know who was the oversea dealer.

Meaning the owner don't have the following documents i.e

B) Official registration document from overseas authorities;

c) Sales Invoice from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in exporting country;

d) Delivery certificate from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in exporting country

e) PDI records of the vehicle from the authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer of the exporting country.

Maybe diff ride or diff PI may give diff information to the buyer.

Well, I guess PIs are generally unwilling to reveal the above info as it will in a way disclose the cost price of the vehicle. You might have to really insist on knowing the all those details if you need to claim warranty from the local AD.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

merc212 wrote:

Well, I guess PIs are generally unwilling to reveal the above info as it will in a way disclose the cost price of the vehicle. You might have to really insist on knowing the all those details if you need to claim warranty from the local AD.

eg. if your auto gear box go up lorry and your PI honored the warranty.

They will probably bring your ride to their workshop to rectify the problem and if no choice has to go to the AD, they will probably sent your ride there & not you.

Need to pay or not....depends on your PI and also warranty terms/conditions & period.

Other Qs would be "did you added perf. mods to your ride ?

eg. piggy back ecu, flashed ecu, pulley kit, etc."

Those documents are their "business documents" which most PIs are not willing to give owners.

U got ride from PI!

Did U have those documents needed to register your ride with

C & C?

BTW I m not anti PI and if I do come back to drive a Merc again, it will probably from PI.

Guest NewC180

Unker! How's your new car? Long time no see!

I think the big question is, do you want to go through all these to 'save' some money? Sometimes, having a good sleep at night is more valuable than the money saved.

My 2 cts...

Guest kepiting1sg

NewC180 wrote:

Unker! How's your new car? Long time no see!

I think the big question is, do you want to go through all these to 'save' some money? Sometimes, having a good sleep at night is more valuable than the money saved.

My 2 cts...

Bro Heng!

New car arh!!! happy lol....Unker sway ku...this my fastest & most stable

ride in my 30+ yrs of driving 20+ cars....hehehee!

Mileage just hit 1600km nia. 2 mths olf next week.

The last time was not save money but rather beh tan a few mths for delivery. Price diff. was less than $10k. Have these then dun have that & that.....hahaha!:becky:

No exp. buying PI that time & made too many assumptions without

seeing the actual car and finding out the detail options.

Blame myself lol....Blimey! Stupid me.....muahahaha!

Unless C & C dun take PI Merc for repairs & Merc get so complicated that outside workshop dun have appropriate softwares then bo pian back to AD lol....hehehe!

How I wish the W212 cabrio wheelbase could be a little longer or at least same as the saloon.

Thought of changing ride after 1 to 2 yrs but at the rate of the current COE dunno how it will be in 1 to 2 yrs time.

Hope history won't repeat itself! Scary!

Nov 1994 COE (LTA website)

Cat 1 - <1000cc = $31,246

Cat 2 - 1001cc - 1600cc + taxi = $56,600

Cat 3 - 1601cc - 2000cc = $95,100

Cat 4 - Above 2000cc = $102,002

Cat 7 - Open = $105,000

Guest Luci Ride

kepiting1sg wrote:

Cat 7 - Open = $105,000

Actually Am praying very hard for it to rise & rise for COE & more, make that MUCH more ERP & Super expensive carparks like HKG/Tokyo or NYK cos Jam is is really unacceptable nowadays

Luci Ride wrote:

Actually Am praying very hard for it to rise & rise for COE & more, make that MUCH more ERP & Super expensive carparks like HKG/Tokyo or NYK cos Jam is is really unacceptable nowadays

Throw the ding dong driver attitudes into the equation and the jam becomes much worse! :llama:

Guest merc212

kepiting1sg wrote:

eg. if your auto gear box go up lorry and your PI honored the warranty.

They will probably bring your ride to their workshop to rectify the problem and if no choice has to go to the AD, they will probably sent your ride there & not you.

Need to pay or not....depends on your PI and also warranty terms/conditions & period.

Other Qs would be "did you added perf. mods to your ride ?

eg. piggy back ecu, flashed ecu, pulley kit, etc."

Those documents are their "business documents" which most PIs are not willing to give owners.

U got ride from PI!

Did U have those documents needed to register your ride with

C & C?

BTW I m not anti PI and if I do come back to drive a Merc again, it will probably from PI.

Yup... got my ride from PI but I don't intend to service my car at AD or register with them. I believe most faults can be rectified by the appointed workshops and if they can't, let them send to AD for me. :becky:

Anyway, just for the fun of it, I'll ask the PI for the necessary documents and see what reply they give! :music:

Guest merc212

Luci Ride wrote:

I totally agree!!! Not that I'm snobbish but I think it defeats the purpose of having a car in the first place if it's going to be so congested on the roads. :bounce:

Guest NewC180

kepiting1sg wrote:

Bro Heng!

New car arh!!! happy lol....Unker sway ku...this my fastest & most stable

ride in my 30+ yrs of driving 20+ cars....hehehee!

Mileage just hit 1600km nia. 2 mths olf next week.

The last time was not save money but rather beh tan a few mths for delivery. Price diff. was less than $10k. Have these then dun have that & that.....hahaha!:becky:

No exp. buying PI that time & made too many assumptions without

seeing the actual car and finding out the detail options.

Blame myself lol....Blimey! Stupid me.....muahahaha!

Unless C & C dun take PI Merc for repairs & Merc get so complicated that outside workshop dun have appropriate softwares then bo pian back to AD lol....hehehe!

How I wish the W212 cabrio wheelbase could be a little longer or at least same as the saloon.

Thought of changing ride after 1 to 2 yrs but at the rate of the current COE dunno how it will be in 1 to 2 yrs time.

Hope history won't repeat itself! Scary!

Cat 7 - Open = $105,000

Glad that you're enjoying your new babe, happy for you! Me still stucked with the same car, no money to change car for now....

Everyone makes mistakes, but more importantly is to learn from the lesson, though it can be expensive sometimes! Haha!

I remember some time ago a BMW 7 series owner managed to win the case against PML (or BMW Asia?) for his leaking luxury car. I wonder what will happen if the car happened to be a PI car, can the PI help to bring the case to BMW Asia? But if the car is from UK, it will have nothing to do with BMW Asia!

And for those guys that suay suay bought from one of those PIs that have closed shop after the recent underdeclare clamp down, what will happen if something screws up big time with their cars? Who can they turn to?

I'm getting old too unker, getting a good night sleep is damn important to me!