• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I'm new here & I just got my first Merc!

Guest merc212

Guest merc212

Hi peeps!

I'm so excited to finally be able to post on this forum. :becky:

I got my Obsidian Black E250 Avantgarde Sunroof from PI just before CNY.

I'm still trying to get used to navigating this forum and not familiar with you guys/gals yet. So forgive me if I post under a "wrong" topic. :music:

My other car is a Subaru GRF STI and my friends were so surprised to find out what I bought. It's unfair to label the E-class as an "uncle's car" just as it's wrong to label Subaru WRX as "ah-beng's car".:car:

I just love cars and I love to try different cars.

Cheers

WY

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

merc212 wrote:

Hi peeps!

I'm so excited to finally be able to post on this forum. :becky:

I got my Obsidian Black E250 Avantgarde Sunroof from PI just before CNY.

I'm still trying to get used to navigating this forum and not familiar with you guys/gals yet. So forgive me if I post under a "wrong" topic. :music:

My other car is a Subaru GRF STI and my friends were so surprised to find out what I bought. It's unfair to label the E-class as an "uncle's car" just as it's wrong to label Subaru WRX as "ah-beng's car".:car:

I just love cars and I love to try different cars.

Cheers

WY

:welcome:

WY,

see you at gtg:becky:

Welcome Merc212..... your car got AMG package? navigation? ..can share the cost u purchase and OMV.... I am looking at Panaromic Roof with Avantgarde option and AMG sport package... trying to gauge the pricing..

Thanks

Guest merc212

bbwannabe wrote:

lol! welcome.

aiya, the w212 (your ride) where got lao pe! soo cool lah!

i love the interior, it is really luxourious. i would say it is even better than the new A6 and 5 series.

Yes, I must say the W212 interior really does impress me! Compared to my previous continental cars (Jaguar & BMW), this beauty is really a class above. :becky:

Guest merc212

g8crasher wrote:

Welkommen WY. :llama:

Both are lovely cars but the Merc is lovelier. :becky::becky:

Yes, I look forward to driving new Merc everytime. It's a totally different experience compared to my STI. :music:

Guest merc212

Raskie wrote:

welcome ....

are u used to the 'lack' of raw power and speed from STI to the Merc ? Hmmm ...

The extremely smooth and quiet ride makes me forget the thrill of driving fast (which comes with lots of noise & a bumpy ride) in my other car.:whistle:

Guest merc212

xtrocious wrote:

Welcome dude :)

Enjoy your ride - that's the most important...hahah

Learn to ignore those "ah pek" comments - I also got plenty of them when my friends learnt I switched to a C200

You are so right... I would usually ignore whatever negative comments people have to say about my new ride. The bottomline is... I enjoy my new car and they don't know what they are missing. :becky:

Guest merc212

jsiau wrote:

Welcome Merc212..... your car got AMG package? navigation? ..can share the cost u purchase and OMV.... I am looking at Panaromic Roof with Avantgarde option and AMG sport package... trying to gauge the pricing..

Thanks

I got my E250 Avantgarde with Sunroof option at $177,800 OMV around $49k. Think Panoramic option is around $5k. I would have bought the Panoramic roof option if not for the very long wait.

Hope you get a good deal! :becky:

merc212 wrote:

I got my E250 Avantgarde with Sunroof option at $177,800 OMV around $49k. Think Panoramic option is around $5k. I would have bought the Panoramic roof option if not for the very long wait.

$177K with sport package or without ?

Guest merc212

9339 wrote:

$177K with sport package or without ?

Forgive my ignorance, this is my 1st Merc... What's a sport package?

Let me list out what my car came with:

1. Sport suspension that's lowered 15mm

2. 17inch rims with Pirelli P7 Cinturato 245/45R17

3. HID lights

4. Driver and front passenger memory seats.

5. Mud splash guards at rear (very low and easily scratched!)

Should be normal Avantgarde right?

Guest NewC180

merc212 wrote:

Welcome bro, and congrats to your new car!

OMV x 2.3 + COE = cost of car.

Sell 1 car make 45k no wonder so many PIs nowadays.

I wonder if AD also make about the same amount? OMV of AD's E250 shld be about 54k from one motoring website, what's AD actual selling price for E250? Anyone bought from AD recently? Will be interesting to make a comparison here.

I think is not right....

usually cost of car is higher than OMV reported, so meaning the profit are lower too.

meaning it could be 30K euro in original but OMV reported $40K x 2.27 + COE .

Agreed as PI and AD make good profit but high risk involved too.

Guest xtrocious

I suspect the PIs also incur a lot of other costs here as they locally fit a lot of the stuff eg leather seats etc...

Hence their profit margin isn't as high as it would look on paper

Guest jsiau

this is the situation .....e.g the OMV reported is $50,000... so the ARF 100%(additional Registration Fee ) and custom duty is 20%..

so it works out to be 2.2(1 is cost of car ,1 is ARF and 0.2 is custom duty) x 50000 =$140(registration)+ $110,000 + 7%GST based on (50,000) which is $3500 so it works out to be = $113,640 and if plus road tax $920 plus COE $20000 is equal to $134,560

and so the real cost is not this way ..e.g at AD the OMV for AVANTGARDE with Sunroof is easily $56,000 then you need to add other cost althought he PI claims that OMV is $49K only but with the options it is easily $60,000 from UK dealer so you need to add another $10,000 to $134560 and shipping is at least $2500 per car plus all other expenses it would add easily $10,000...... (admin,salesman cost and) ... the total cost would be at least $160,000 & GP about $17K... far cry from the $40,000 and above

Guest bbwannabe

Hmmm... shouldn't OMV already reflect those options? When they come in, the custom officer should look at how much this unit cost on the market and assign it a value. One that is probably higher than one without the options.

I always believed that AD's OMV is higher because the whole car is shipped in complete. While PI's car may take out some things like wheels and rims, kind of lowering the OMV.

Guest melody288

Hi,

I am interested to buy the E200 CGI from a PI. Have made an enquiry with C&C regarding the servicing of PI's E200. The answer from C&C Customer Assistant Centre are :

"There will be a one time S$500.00 adminstration fee to Parallel Imported Mercedes-Benz vehicle owner in order to service it with Cycle & Carriage industries Pte Ltd" & ...

"For S$500 admin fee payment, you may wish to drive in with your vehicle to our Pandan Loop service Center, at 188 Pandan Loop, with the following documents for processing.

a) Proof of registration - Print out from LTA, Singapore.

B) Official registration document from overseas authorities;

c) Sales Invoice from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in exporting country;

d) Delivery certificate from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in exporting country

e) PDI records of the vehicle from the authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer of the exporting country.

[Kindly note that the warranty period will start from the date of initial operation - defined as the date when the vehicle was first delivered to a buyer by an Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in the exporting country.]"

Can any brothers let me know if I could obtain the documents (B) - (e) from the PI whom I buy the E200? Thks.

Guest Raskie

Hi, u mean u will forsake the warranty given by PI and goto AD w/s ? or u will goto AD w/s after your 3 years warranty is over ?

if the former, i believe the PI will be able to help you with the documents if u make it clear before putting the $$$ down.

if i am not wrong, for all non-AD cars, u can only goto Pandan w/s for servicing and you will not get priority over the agent cars ....

Guest merc212

melody288 wrote:

Hi,

I am interested to buy the E200 CGI from a PI. Have made an enquiry with C&C regarding the servicing of PI's E200. The answer from C&C Customer Assistant Centre are :

"There will be a one time S$500.00 adminstration fee to Parallel Imported Mercedes-Benz vehicle owner in order to service it with Cycle & Carriage industries Pte Ltd" & ...

"For S$500 admin fee payment, you may wish to drive in with your vehicle to our Pandan Loop service Center, at 188 Pandan Loop, with the following documents for processing.

a) Proof of registration - Print out from LTA, Singapore.

d) Delivery certificate from authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in exporting country

e) PDI records of the vehicle from the authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer of the exporting country.

[Kindly note that the warranty period will start from the date of initial operation - defined as the date when the vehicle was first delivered to a buyer by an Authorised Mercedes-Benz dealer in the exporting country.]"

Can any brothers let me know if I could obtain the documents (B) - (e) from the PI whom I buy the E200? Thks.

If I'm not mistaken, the Mercedes International Warranty is 24mths from the original date of registration by the Authorised Dealer overseas and C&C will honour the warranty if you have the above documents.

My car comes with 5yr warranty so it doesn't make sense to forego the PI warranty and go to C&C.

Guest kepiting1sg

merc212 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the Mercedes International Warranty is 24mths from the original date of registration by the Authorised Dealer overseas and C&C will honour the warranty if you have the above documents.

My car comes with 5yr warranty so it doesn't make sense to forego the PI warranty and go to C&C.

I don't know about PI Merc but I bought a PI non Merc last year.

The PI don't give the owner the original service manual which on

the 1st page contains the details of the vehicle & the options that came with it. The 1st page also contain the "stamp" & name of the overseas

authorize dealer.

Meaning the owner doesn't know where the car was 1st registered for inspection and de-registered before shipping to Singapore.

Meaning the owner don't know who was the oversea dealer.

Meaning the owner don't have the following documents i.e

Maybe diff ride or diff PI may give diff information to the buyer.