• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice from all SLK owners :)

Guest Merc-C

Guest Merc-C

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind advice during my search, finally struck a deal and got a SLK! :punk1:

The SE sent the car to ST for an inspection at my request and after inspection, was told given a grade B. The SE told me for cars above 3 years normally will not get grade A and grade B will be the norm. Was also assured that car is in good condition and not to worry.

Is this the norm? ???

CONGRATS! and :welcome: to the family!

hopefully you can collect on time and come our meetup this sunday!

cheers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks ladyseals80. :)

I can't wait to get my hands on the car!!! :D

Guest toycarz

Thanks bro,

Thinking of these mods for a start-

1) AMG quad exhaust

2) Lip spoiler

3) Sprint booster

4) 19' rims

5) Smart top

:)

Wah nice, another 350 to the lineup :)

19" will make the overall look much better! No regrets once made the change. Just that u will noticed ur acceleration become slightly slower and petrol consumption will increased by quite a fair bit. For me, now one tank can aga aga run about abt 400KM nia...used to be 480....some gauge for u if u r travelling mainly on non-expressway and do a lot of cheep thrills in traffic light to traffic light dash.

Sprintbooster is rather fun, brings a whole new level to the original 350 driving experience. One small tap and the sudden acceleration can be both fun and frightening esp if u r in "S" mode :clap: but you will learn to control that force - coz your wallet or CFO will tell u to :)

Smarttop, no need to think, I never regret fixing this from the day I got my car....todate, I still find this is the most kewl and fun mod I ever did :yumyum: The ability to go topless and cover-up (<60km/h) brings a lot of convenience :rockon:

IIRC, the quad exhaust gonna cost ard 3.5K and need special indent. Not sure if it is really so worth it, test out the original V6 sound and see if it suits u before taking the plunge.

Will join u guys next round of meetup, now stuck at home doing garment tenders....In the meantime, Enjoy and Rev it hard :)

Guest redhood

Do u have mechanic to give it a look? Did u read the STA report. What did it say? Ur car almost 5yrs old, but if the state is tip top, no reason why they shd give B.

Spoke to my mech, was told this is normal. Only those newer cars will get Ä" rating. So I guess should be alright. :)

Have you collected your car? How does it feel to have 272bhp at your tip of your right foot? :bboyspin:

Guest Merc-C

Thanks bro,

Thinking of these mods for a start-

1) AMG quad exhaust

2) Lip spoiler

3) Sprint booster

4) 19' rims

5) Smart top

:)

Wah nice, another 350 to the lineup :)

19" will make the overall look much better! No regrets once made the change. Just that u will noticed ur acceleration become slightly slower and petrol consumption will increased by quite a fair bit. For me, now one tank can aga aga run about abt 400KM nia...used to be 480....some gauge for u if u r travelling mainly on non-expressway and do a lot of cheep thrills in traffic light to traffic light dash.

Sprintbooster is rather fun, brings a whole new level to the original 350 driving experience. One small tap and the sudden acceleration can be both fun and frightening esp if u r in "S" mode :clap: but you will learn to control that force - coz your wallet or CFO will tell u to :)

Smarttop, no need to think, I never regret fixing this from the day I got my car....todate, I still find this is the most kewl and fun mod I ever did :yumyum: The ability to go topless and cover-up (<60km/h) brings a lot of convenience :rockon:

IIRC, the quad exhaust gonna cost ard 3.5K and need special indent. Not sure if it is really so worth it, test out the original V6 sound and see if it suits u before taking the plunge.

Thanks for all the advice. :iconsalut:

Will try out the V6 first before deciding if sprint booster is needed. ;)

Guest Merc-C

Do u have mechanic to give it a look? Did u read the STA report. What did it say? Ur car almost 5yrs old, but if the state is tip top, no reason why they shd give B.

Spoke to my mech, was told this is normal. Only those newer cars will get Ä" rating. So I guess should be alright. :)

Have you collected your car? How does it feel to have 272bhp at your tip of your right foot? :bboyspin:

Not yet, most likely next week...

Guest Sareve

I think you should get the exhaust mod but skip the sprint booster, it doesn't actually make your car go faster, it's a complete waste of money. Someone on this forum once told me that the roar of my V6 engine sounded really fierce, but I didn't really think so and I would encourage you to install a set of aftermarket exhausts to make your car sound better.

Guest Merc-C

I think you should get the exhaust mod but skip the sprint booster, it doesn't actually make your car go faster, it's a complete waste of money. Someone on this forum once told me that the roar of my V6 engine sounded really fierce, but I didn't really think so and I would encourage you to install a set of aftermarket exhausts to make your car sound better.

I only want the quad exhaust look, will getting 2 pairs of AMG exhaust tips work instead of changing the whole exhaust? :D

Guest Sareve

Yes you can, I believe this is what most people do.

You can see here http://www.supersprint.com/USP00merslk22.asp that it is perfectly possible to buy just the left and right tips independently of the rest of the whole setup. I know this isn't the AMG exhaust but I suppose it can't be too different. I could be wrong though, I'm a very mechnically uninclined person :D

Have you considered getting the frontal bonnet fins and the SL lookalike side fins?

Guest Merc-C

Yes you can, I believe this is what most people do.

You can see here http://www.supersprint.com/USP00merslk22.asp that it is perfectly possible to buy just the left and right tips independently of the rest of the whole setup. I know this isn't the AMG exhaust but I suppose it can't be too different. I could be wrong though, I'm a very mechnically uninclined person :D

Have you considered getting the frontal bonnet fins and the SL lookalike side fins?

Thanks for the link. :thumbsup:

The bonnets fins are a definite must have but the side fins not too sure. :)