• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice from all SLK owners :)

Guest Merc-C

Guest Merc-C

Hi all SLK owners,

Currently looking at a 2005 SLK280 with OMV around 60k and COE 15K. Thinking of closing the deal at 115K but not too sure if this price is OK.

What kind of depreciation I should be looking at? Anything that I need to take note of when buying a used SLK?

Have test drove the car and simply just love it!!! ;D

All kind advice is appreciated and would like to hear some opinions,

Thanks to all! :)

Hi Merc-C,

Is it the one at Seng Hup Auto? Black SLK280, 6 Dec 05, 58km (1 owner)? $115k.......ok (MTL)

buy it and join us for the month end meet-up then...............

Congras in advance on behalf for all the bro and sis here.......

cheers

(MTL)

Guest SLK7777

Hi Merc-C

If this is the one, then this is a good buy. I bought my SLK200 for about the price. Yours is a SLK 280 somemore. No need to mod.. buy and we bring you to a place to test the performance :clap: :clap: :clap:

Must mod.....

at least go for a Full AMG kit plus AMG quad exhaust.........

BBK 6pot front and 4pot rear.......

Light-weight crank pulley......

Good plugs.....

Happy modding

Cheers (MTL)

Guest Merc-C

Hi bros ACSLK and SLK7777,

Yes, that's the one.

Anyhing I should look out for? From exterior everything looks fine, and will get them to bring in to ST for a inspection check.

Haven't buy yet but so fast the poison start coming already...hahaha ;D

Waiting to join the SLK family! :punk1: :punk1: :punk1:

Hi Merc-C,

yes is better to have a check as a dealer will always be a dealer.......(Lol)

Month-end meet-up 30th Aug, 1630hrs, Kallang CP (F)........

Pm us your hp so whenever we have mini gathering can update you..........

cheers

Guest redhood

If the dealer allows it, u should let a mechanic u trust have a look also. Remember to chk roof mechanism.

My opinion is that u might want to consider the 350 also. Road tax n insurance slightly higher but prices for a 3yr plus one shouldn't be too different. I think there is one in the market now.

Lastly, FLs will cost more now since they are newer. They have more powerful engines and look slightly different. Most importantly, they are Ipod-ready. Make sure u hv a good look at the differences before u decide.

Whatever it is, get an SLK cos' it is a wonderful car to own. See u soon!

Guest stealth123

Ha ha... Redhood.. ;) even if I don't own an slk, I'd be so swayed by what u said about the car. :)

:) merc-c, btw, I second redhood.. The slk is a great drive. I own a 280... and love every minute in it! :)

personally, I too struggled with the 280 or 350 question - at the end of the day, the differences in road tax and car availability (I couldn't find a 350 then...) helped with the decision.

Good luck deciding!!! :)

Guest Merc-C

Hi all,

Missed out on the SLK280 deal the last time as it was sold before I could get my hands on it. :banghead:

Still searching and now zero in on this 2 cars.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=40395&DL=2019

http://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=48981&DL=1043

First one is a 3 years PI car SLK200 from Japan, given with 60000km/3 years warranty and also new 10 year COE. Have checked the car condition and it looks prettty new.

Second one have not viewed the car yet but it's a SLK350 and I think should be from C&C.

Both the cars around the same price, so kinda undecided which one I should get.Which one you all think I should go for?

Thanks again for your kind advice and opinions! :) :) :)

Guest redhood

My 2cts:

350 - Jan 05, probably first few batches of C&C Slks. Dun think the PIs brought them in then yet. high OMV at 68k. That means u may get better paper value later when u sell. Looks stock to me n the mileage not high. Meaning it might not have been an enthusiast's car. So not likely to hv been tracked or modded extensively. But chk w mechanic first. C&C also offers free pre-owned check. They can tell non-original parts. Pre-06 interior uses rougher plastics than 06 onwards, so compare first. I prefer the newer material. Power? No comparison w 200s, but are u one who would need to b faster than everone else? If yes, then 350 is a good choice. Tax n insurance much higher.

200 - Sep 06, so 1yr 9mths younger. Pay 10k more. Omv lower but there will be COE residue after 7 years, so do ur sums. Seems quite old for a used import, unless someone else had it in Singapore already. In that case, I would be careful. Get a good man to chk. 200s have higher demand, thus depreciation seems lower than 350. If u plan to run it just for a year or two, u will likely lose less w 200. Easier to sell. But, u might spend more w mods. 350 is better value only in the long haul.

Hi Merc-C,

whichever SLK you get remember to install Smart Top......................(MTL)

go with the one from C&C (Best)

350, 350, 350, 350, 350 (power is never enough) :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers

Guest Merc-C

Hi Merc-C,

whichever SLK you get remember to install Smart Top......................(MTL)

go with the one from C&C (Best)

350, 350, 350, 350, 350 (power is never enough) :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers

Thanks bro,

Thinking of these mods for a start-

1) AMG quad exhaust

2) Lip spoiler

3) Sprint booster

4) 19' rims

5) Smart top

:)

Guest Merc-C

My 2cts:

350 - Jan 05, probably first few batches of C&C Slks. Dun think the PIs brought them in then yet. high OMV at 68k. That means u may get better paper value later when u sell. Looks stock to me n the mileage not high. Meaning it might not have been an enthusiast's car. So not likely to hv been tracked or modded extensively. But chk w mechanic first. C&C also offers free pre-owned check. They can tell non-original parts. Pre-06 interior uses rougher plastics than 06 onwards, so compare first. I prefer the newer material. Power? No comparison w 200s, but are u one who would need to b faster than everone else? If yes, then 350 is a good choice. Tax n insurance much higher.

200 - Sep 06, so 1yr 9mths younger. Pay 10k more. Omv lower but there will be COE residue after 7 years, so do ur sums. Seems quite old for a used import, unless someone else had it in Singapore already. In that case, I would be careful. Get a good man to chk. 200s have higher demand, thus depreciation seems lower than 350. If u plan to run it just for a year or two, u will likely lose less w 200. Easier to sell. But, u might spend more w mods. 350 is better value only in the long haul.

Thanks for the detailed advice.

Leaning towards the 200 because of the new 10 years COE, also the 60,000km/ 3years warranty for peace of mind. Was told that the car was imported from Japan, with mileage of only 11K. So seems quite under used and condition of car looks pretty new.

The power of the 350 is definitely enticing no question. But the higher insurance and taxes will be in consideration as well.

Will most likely be having the car for 2-3 years and still exploring my options. :)

Guest stealth123

do they allow test drives? (not sure)... if so, nothing beats a test drive... once driven, you will know which one is more "you"...

personally, I have a higher tendency towards the 350. The hum of the V6 engine is too hard to resist.....

Guest Sareve

Get the 350, it's got decent enough power, you won't regret it. Put it this way, the 350 is obviously a superior car to the 200. If you buy a 200, you might always have some traces of regret gnawing at the back of your mind when ever you see a 350 go by. You'll be wondering what it's like to drive a faster car that commands more respect than your car, but you'll never know, because you didn't buy it. However, if you buy a 350, I guarantee you that you'll never have any of these thoughts, you car will be faster, louder and more fun to drive.

Also 53000km on a 4 year old car is ridiculously low, that's a measly 13250km per year. The 350 has obviously only been used as a weekend car. Besides, ARE YOU KIDDING?! The 350 is a whole 10k cheaper than the 200!! The 10k you save on the purchase price will help to pay the higher road tax and insurance.

Ps. Stealth123 is right, Merc makes some pretty wicked V6es. Go take one out for a test drive.