• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice from all SLK owners :)

Guest Merc-C

Hi Merc-C,

good choice of mods you have planned to mod there........

remember to change to KW v3 Coilover ya......power is nothing without good handling.............

happy searching...........

cheers

Guest Merc-C

Hi Merc-C,

whichever SLK you get remember to install Smart Top......................(MTL)

go with the one from C&C (Best)

350, 350, 350, 350, 350 (power is never enough) :clap: :clap: :clap:

cheers

Hi bro,

Went to check out the 350 today >:D

Some signs of wear and tear due to the age I presume, test drove the car as well with the top down and all seems pretty ok, simply loving it!

Have made my offer to the SE, was told need to check with boss Monday to confirm, so will wait and see if offer is accepted. :)

Will be requesting to send the car to ST for an inspection to see if all in order, anyhing else I should look out for? :)

Guest redhood

check the lights for fogging/misting. Mine had some and C&C changed them under warranty. If there are any, see if the SE can do something for u.

Check brake discs, brake pads. 350s are high powered, so the brakes wear a lot more for obvious reasons unless it has been driven only to the market. See if they would change them. (btw, you might want to rethink the sprint booster if you get the 350. You might change the brakes even more often ...)

Check for gearbox leaks. Mine had some signs of leak. Had to change the gasket. Gearbox oil had to be changed in the process also.

Ensure that there are no mods that LTA would not approve. From the looks, there weren't but the pics can't tell all.

Lastly, check the roof, especially the clips for the boot cover. quite flimsy plastics there. Make sure the catch is not broken due to rough handling by blurr aunties.

Hi Hi!

I am planning to sell my SLK280 year 2008 June. C & C Car, mileage 21000km , white with red interior, drive mostly in the weekends. very new condition, always park in sheltered car park. 100% stock. reason for selling is because i planning to get a 7 series. if interested, can call me at 9o999945. :)

Hi Jeff,

how come SLK350 no need to install sprint booster.........................must mod...............especially Merc-C is upgrading to 19ins rims........acceleration sure to be affected unles he using 17ins......

MTL,

cheers

Guest redhood

Hi Jeff,

how come SLK350 no need to install sprint booster.........................must mod...............especially Merc-C is upgrading to 19ins rims........acceleration sure to be affected unles he using 17ins......

MTL,

cheers

I worry he kiss pp backside at traffic lights or start-stop traffic. Haha! 19" so slow then what's the point? Haha!

Guest Merc-C

check the lights for fogging/misting. Mine had some and C&C changed them under warranty. If there are any, see if the SE can do something for u.

Check brake discs, brake pads. 350s are high powered, so the brakes wear a lot more for obvious reasons unless it has been driven only to the market. See if they would change them. (btw, you might want to rethink the sprint booster if you get the 350. You might change the brakes even more often ...)

Check for gearbox leaks. Mine had some signs of leak. Had to change the gasket. Gearbox oil had to be changed in the process also.

Ensure that there are no mods that LTA would not approve. From the looks, there weren't but the pics can't tell all.

Lastly, check the roof, especially the clips for the boot cover. quite flimsy plastics there. Make sure the catch is not broken due to rough handling by blurr aunties.

Thanks, will check on those you mentioned. :)

Guest Merc-C

Hey Merc-C

U mentioned that there were some wear and tear. What was it? Seats? Exterior?

:P Anyway in the mean time, good luck for your bidding result tomorrow! :)

Some fading and scratches round the steering and center console, fading at the back panel with top down. Also some small dents and chips on exterior which they will rectify.

Guest Merc-C

Hi Jeff,

MTL,

cheers

I worry he kiss pp backside at traffic lights or start-stop traffic. Haha! 19" so slow then what's the point? Haha!

So better to stay with 17 instead of 19"?

Think bigger rims looks good! :punk1:

Hi Merc-C,

19ins better..........your acceleration won't slow till anywhere as it is a SLK350........(Lol) ........Redhood is just concern about the sprint booster.....

by the way no worries for the sprint booster if you have experienced it before............

happy boostering.......................

cheers

Guest redhood

Yah, I rather keep the option of feathering my accelerator when I need it to just inch slowly n smoothly along traffic jams.

19" wheels will be gorgeous! Just make sure it doesn't get cut by the fenders. I'm not a modder, so if u are, u shd pay more attention to ACSLK's comments.

My must-have list will include the bodykit, lowered springs/coilovers, exhaust, big wheels, n of course, the SmartTop!

Guest Merc-C

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind advice during my search, finally struck a deal and got a SLK! :punk1:

The SE sent the car to ST for an inspection at my request and after inspection, was told given a grade B. The SE told me for cars above 3 years normally will not get grade A and grade B will be the norm. Was also assured that car is in good condition and not to worry.

Is this the norm? ???

Guest ladyseals80

Hi all,

Thanks for all the kind advice during my search, finally struck a deal and got a SLK! :punk1:

The SE sent the car to ST for an inspection at my request and after inspection, was told given a grade B. The SE told me for cars above 3 years normally will not get grade A and grade B will be the norm. Was also assured that car is in good condition and not to worry.

Is this the norm? ???

CONGRATS! and :welcome: to the family!

hopefully you can collect on time and come our meetup this sunday!

cheers! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Merc-C

Do u have mechanic to give it a look? Did u read the STA report. What did it say? Ur car almost 5yrs old, but if the state is tip top, no reason why they shd give B.

Spoke to my mech, was told this is normal. Only those newer cars will get Ä" rating. So I guess should be alright. :)