• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

just wanna know have anyone of u have small collision with other car??

Guest joli86

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Still do not understand how the van hit your car.

My wife's car got hit by a taxi from the back when the taxi was changing into her lane from behind. Taxi's insurance (NTUC) believes his story of my wife changed lane and knocked him. Fortunately, my wife produced pictures taken on the scene showing lane marking and car position and this overturned the taxi's driver BS. She was compensated fully, repair and taxi claim.

Lesson, next time someone knock you, don't move the car, take pictures of everything, then move to talk.

Alternatively, like what I have done. Get a real time video camera in the car, an added insurance.

Guest toycarz

Hi Joli,

Kudos for paying for your own car at such a young age. You earned it, so be proud of it! :thumbsup:

Regarding collisions, I have been involved in many until I become quite familar with the process. Somehow, taxi loves to kiss my backside....4 times in total....one side collision with a bus, luckily I have a witness so, he paid for everything. Another classic case, headon collision with a toyota, luckily I am driving a ford tank and have pictures to show she is on the wrong side of the road :death:

To cut the story short, put a camera in your car, even those cheapo plastic camera which runs on flim is better than nothing. Flash is also a must have. If u have a front mounted IR video recording device, lagi better.

Steps to take upon collision, you can put down on a piece of paper within easy reach so that you will not panic and missed out anything.

1) Stop the car upon collision. Quickily look around for potential witness and remember their car plate. This is not easy, so far I only managed to do it once.

2) Keep cool. Take a few deep breath and gain back composure before u alight the vehicle.

4) Make sure noone is hurt. If anyone is hurt, call 995 and make sure vehicle is not moved....touch wood

5) Take pictures from all angle as fast as possible, make sure u capture the divider lines, arrows, esp

6) Move car to the side of the road

7) Take down the vehicle number and copy NRIC details of driver.

8) If possible, fill up the insurance report form and ask the other party to sign.

If the person start to use vulgarities or start to be rough with you, be firm and warn him that you have the right to take legal action if he continues. This is when the front mount video recording is useful, position yourself in front of your camera. If he become rough, get ready to cash in when he request to settle out of court. :swduel:

Hope this helps.

erm... okok. one thing bad is that my insurance is CMI... haiz, the authorized workshop cant do anything oso... my case is i had come out from the small road and walking a distance at the main road and someone knocked my car, is it a 50 - 50 case?

we filed 2 different stories though. wad i heard from them is NTUC are very hard to deal insurance company.

Guest toycarz

If without any evidence, its your words against his....see who the insurance believe, chances is that they will pick the more experienced driver and accoding to my friend, the cheaper car to benefit. If you are at this stage, keep your fingers crossed bah :pray:

In the future, avoid getting to such a stage by collecting as much evidence from the crime scene as possible :) A small tip, when taking pictures, angle / perspective is very important. A properly taken picture can tip the benefit to your case in those 50 vs 50 situation :clap:

Guest toycarz

I guess some elitist chinks don't realise we actually live in a multi-racial society, but hey, we already knew that from joli86's immature responses to you. Btw mods, similar race specific comments were made in other threads by the aforementioned poster.

So dear joli86, if you don't like this post, I suggest you gouge your eyes out.

Mature or immature, I guess it takes one to know one... ;)

Guest Sareve

I guess some elitist chinks don't realise we actually live in a multi-racial society, but hey, we already knew that from joli86's immature responses to you. Btw mods, similar race specific comments were made in other threads by the aforementioned poster.

So dear joli86, if you don't like this post, I suggest you gouge your eyes out.

Mature or immature, I guess it takes one to know one... ;)

I see you don't understand sarcasm. Shall I put [/sarcasm] tags for you dearie?

Guest Cklasse

Guys, this post is on collision encounter, so we should not deviate and dwell on out of topic matters. So let's end the ot part and move on with the right topic. Thank you for the understanding. :apwink:

Guest mr w124

I have had such an experience when a lexus suc hit my side mirror at slow speed. i didnt have much damage but the wheel arch of the lexus went in quite a bit. anyway, the lady made a hell of alot of noise n called her husband down n bystanders kept asking us to move the vehicles. i refused to until i had taken the photos as there was still more than enough space for vehicles to apss. anyway, after all the shouting, the photos showing her on the wrong side of the road managed to get me off the hook. Most important thing in a situation like this is that one must remember to take photos or any other kind of evidence. For the ins guys, concrete evidence matters more than the words of the victims. sad but true, since many ppl choose to abuse the system with false claims and whatnot.

On a side note, as a member of SGMERC for more than 2 years, i feel disheartened when i see rascist comments liek those posted by TS. having met many of the members here, i can safely agree with Narmi that race plays no part in being a member of this forum and no one has a right to malign another persons race, whether it is out of frustration or simply to let others know the race of the offender. to me, its akin to stating that a certain race always does certain questionable things, which i feel is totally uncalled for.

Kudos to the mods for bringing this topic back to its original intention. SGMERC is truly an information hub for us and it would not be in anyones interest to see topics sidetracked because of the insensitive actions of others.

Guest joli86

i only took a picture that is cut off showing that I am in the big road lane. I not sure whether is it concrete enough to show as evidence. But collision had occurred for about 2 months, is it still okay to re-submit??? i got my own workshop to submit it for me, but i half half believe him whether did he do it. i noe they wanted to pocket some if i happened to win the case but from wat he sounded is more 50-50, so i oso 50-50 duno whether he did wad he offer to do. and he claim tat such case can drag for like 1 yr??? the more i dun believe he is so nice to do what he said.

Oh, i was coming out from a small road into a big road, so this van is abt a distance away, so i turn out, but i didn noe he accelerated from behind wanted to overtake my lane to turn left in front (no signal), so his head managed to clear but not his left rear, so end up his left rear hit my driver front which is my right headlight on the main road. but he claim to NTUC that i was the one who knocked him on the small road. for me, i reported according not twisting the fact that i had come out from the small road and collision happened on the main road. even I went to my insurance authorized workshop, they only take pictures and within 3 days tell me that I had failed. HAIZ~ and they said that evidence no need, just need to submit the damages on the car and my story can liao, that's all. but only when i wanna appeal they will say if i got is a +++ bonus, which made me think why you didn advise me in the first place to produce it out but only on the 2nd attempt? that's why i switch to my own workshop to do it for me. i bit sianz of such incompetent insurance company. But if this fellow wanna claim will i noe it from my insurance or they will only let me noe by increase my premium? wanna change an insurance company tat can do work, not as if to give high premium to do nothing.

Guest joli86

Hi Joli,

Kudos for paying for your own car at such a young age. You earned it, so be proud of it! :thumbsup:

Regarding collisions, I have been involved in many until I become quite familar with the process. Somehow, taxi loves to kiss my backside....4 times in total....one side collision with a bus, luckily I have a witness so, he paid for everything. Another classic case, headon collision with a toyota, luckily I am driving a ford tank and have pictures to show she is on the wrong side of the road :death:

To cut the story short, put a camera in your car, even those cheapo plastic camera which runs on flim is better than nothing. Flash is also a must have. If u have a front mounted IR video recording device, lagi better.

Steps to take upon collision, you can put down on a piece of paper within easy reach so that you will not panic and missed out anything.

1) Stop the car upon collision. Quickily look around for potential witness and remember their car plate. This is not easy, so far I only managed to do it once.

2) Keep cool. Take a few deep breath and gain back composure before u alight the vehicle.

4) Make sure noone is hurt. If anyone is hurt, call 995 and make sure vehicle is not moved....touch wood

5) Take pictures from all angle as fast as possible, make sure u capture the divider lines, arrows, esp

6) Move car to the side of the road

7) Take down the vehicle number and copy NRIC details of driver.

8) If possible, fill up the insurance report form and ask the other party to sign.

If the person start to use vulgarities or start to be rough with you, be firm and warn him that you have the right to take legal action if he continues. This is when the front mount video recording is useful, position yourself in front of your camera. If he become rough, get ready to cash in when he request to settle out of court. :swduel:

Hope this helps.

erm... okok. one thing bad is that my insurance is CMI... haiz, the authorized workshop cant do anything oso... my case is i had come out from the small road and walking a distance at the main road and someone knocked my car, is it a 50 - 50 case?

we filed 2 different stories though. wad i heard from them is NTUC are very hard to deal insurance company.

Thanks a lot man! i think i know how to handle such situation if arise again (hopefully no) keke. well, if i bot a camera to place in my car, where must I place it?? on the driver side or the passenger side??

Guest Cklasse

Get this and place it in front of the rear view mirror. It would have captured the van coming from your right and cutting in front of you and subsequently the crash. This will certainly get you the full claim and proved that the van driver was wrong.

photo.jpg

http://www.drivesurveillance.com/DS2000.html

I will see if I can post some video of my near miss encounter.

Guest joli86

Get this and place it in front of the rear view mirror. It would have captured the van coming from your right and cutting in front of you and subsequently the crash. This will certainly get you the full claim and proved that the van driver was wrong.

photo.jpg

http://www.drivesurveillance.com/DS2000.html

I will see if I can post some video of my near miss encounter.

is that someting sticking out on top of ur mirror the cam??? where can i get it?? during nite time can it still firm down clearly?? thanks

Hi Jolie,

so long your car is a C&C car..........

cheers

if let's say i had an accident, do i go to my insurance to report for go to C&C??

FYI try to settle away from insurance bcos whether or not you are at fault, chances are your premium will go up during the next renewal.

Guest joli86

Hi Jolie,

cheers

if let's say i had an accident, do i go to my insurance to report for go to C&C??

FYI try to settle away from insurance bcos whether or not you are at fault, chances are your premium will go up during the next renewal.

if the fellow demand some $$ for damages?? wad about my NCD? i heard i will still got my rebate though

Hi Jolie,

cheers

if the fellow demand some $$ for damages?? wad about my NCD? i heard i will still got my rebate though

Even if your NCD remains intact your premium is likely to increase.

Guest toycarz

i only took a picture that is cut off showing that I am in the big road lane. I not sure whether is it concrete enough to show as evidence. But collision had occurred for about 2 months, is it still okay to re-submit??? i got my own workshop to submit it for me, but i half half believe him whether did he do it. i noe they wanted to pocket some if i happened to win the case but from wat he sounded is more 50-50, so i oso 50-50 duno whether he did wad he offer to do. and he claim tat such case can drag for like 1 yr??? the more i dun believe he is so nice to do what he said.

igh premium to do nothing.

By now, the insurance should have sent u a letter to inform u the claim against u. Try to call the person handling your case and see if the photo has been attached. Sometimes, the workshop won't really care and u gotta make sure they received. If your insurance has sufficient evidence, they will try their best to fight coz they also dont wanna pay mah :swduel:

If u managed to get the van in your photo and prove u r in the big road, maybe still can argue and prove that the van driver is full of lies. What u can hope for is maybe equal split of responsibility, better than u get penalized for all repairs. :bboyspin: