• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Running in your engine - Mandatory?

Guest stealth123

Guest Sareve

Hi Adam,

yes.............that's why normally i see cab just drive slower beside them and be 200% alert (just in case) or siam................

cheers

Isn't it a better idea to just speed up and leave them behind you?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest toycarz

Isn't it a better idea to just speed up and leave them behind you?

lol yeah, to be in front is always the safer bet.....I also prefer not to smell their exhaust :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest stealth123

:) i'm 150km away from 1500.... *LOL*

I must say that it's been hard trying to keep the 4000 rpm.. altho i failed once and went above 5000 for a few short seconds... :P

Guest Sareve

I must say that it's been hard trying to keep the 4000 rpm.. altho i failed once and went above 5000 for a few short seconds... :P

You gotta drive more man! I just returned to Australia yesterday and I've managed to put slightly over 5000km on the 599 in my 1 month holiday.

Guest stealth123

You gotta drive more man! I just returned to Australia yesterday and I've managed to put slightly over 5000km on the 599 in my 1 month holiday.

:) heh... but australia got a lot of places to drive to wor... SG very restricted... I've already been trying to visit places... been to the yishun dam.. been to the East Coast Road (around the airport)... been driving around changi... (there's a nice restaurant there - the bark cafe)...

Still cannot clock kms as fast as i want.. :P :P

Guest funng

:) heh... but australia got a lot of places to drive to wor... SG very restricted... I've already been trying to visit places... been to the yishun dam.. been to the East Coast Road (around the airport)... been driving around changi... (there's a nice restaurant there - the bark cafe)...

hahha. bro, you're trying to clock but i want to do the opp. i can get 200km in one day in SG. I couldn't believe it myself, but the system clock showed 205km in 6:00hrs. need some help to run-in? i don't charge! :clap: :bboyspin:

Guest joli86

I had bad experience driving with a van or lorry besides me. Those company vehicle. it could be due to the fact that it's not their own car, so they cut lane overtaking as and well. I got into a mini accident with an idiotic malay! knock so hard that my signal light CMI, my car plate and a lot is HAIZ... i hate lorry or van!

Guest Sareve

hahha. bro, you're trying to clock but i want to do the opp. i can get 200km in one day in SG. I couldn't believe it myself, but the system clock showed 205km in 6:00hrs. need some help to run-in? i don't charge! :clap: :bboyspin:

Australia doesn't have anywhere to drive to. Or more like, there's tons of roads and no reason to get out there. 5000km in 1 month in SG vs 3000km on my RX-8 I've had for a year in Australia already.

Guest stealth123

hey funng and sareve... give some tips of where to drive to leh.

seems that we are living in different countries one leh - singapore got SO MANY places to drive to meh?

after a while - travelling the expressways also a bit sian - but get off then we have to stop and stop for traffic lights...

Guest angela

Australia doesn't have anywhere to drive to. Or more like, there's tons of roads and no reason to get out there. 5000km in 1 month in SG vs 3000km on my RX-8 I've had for a year in Australia already.

erm... when there is music, passion and emotion, with a car in the garage and the keys in the ignition... willy doesn't see any reason NOT to go out driving... whats more the great ocean road is within driving distance from where u are staying...

u mentioned to me that u like to go out driving, like many other people here, sharman, gerald, myself to name a few, we sometimes often take drives in the middle of the night when the world is 1/2 asleep to go out cruising mostly on sg roads, but some people we know got free fuel enough to drive up to thailand border and back just cuz they "wanted to drive"...

maybe next time when willy go study in australia he will understand why u dun wanna drive there... (ok O.T. a bit first - john, charmaine and i wanna apologise cuz that time u drop us off near out hotel in melbourne den u kena pestered for money by strangers... PS)

or maybe the reason that u clock so many miles in sg was cuz there was someoneS special to drive ard? hahahaha... :batman:

Guest angela

hey funng and sareve... give some tips of where to drive to leh.

seems that we are living in different countries one leh - singapore got SO MANY places to drive to meh?

after a while - travelling the expressways also a bit sian - but get off then we have to stop and stop for traffic lights...

i think our resident SLK group can help u with that... they si peh active with many many drives and fun stuff... but i leave u with a warning... once join, can be hard to unjoin... they are poisonous and u will feel the need to drive... :D

enjoy ur last 150km of "virgin" miles... :thumbsup:

Guest Sareve

erm... when there is music, passion and emotion, with a car in the garage and the keys in the ignition... willy doesn't see any reason NOT to go out driving... whats more the great ocean road is within driving distance from where u are staying...

u mentioned to me that u like to go out driving, like many other people here, sharman, gerald, myself to name a few, we sometimes often take drives in the middle of the night when the world is 1/2 asleep to go out cruising mostly on sg roads, but some people we know got free fuel enough to drive up to thailand border and back just cuz they "wanted to drive"...

maybe next time when willy go study in australia he will understand why u dun wanna drive there... (ok O.T. a bit first - john, charmaine and i wanna apologise cuz that time u drop us off near out hotel in melbourne den u kena pestered for money by strangers... PS)

or maybe the reason that u clock so many miles in sg was cuz there was someoneS special to drive ard? hahahaha... :batman:

Wow I can't believe you still remember those morons who accosted me for money! This is why I dislike Australia. I think I just don't like driving in Aus cause my car is made to ang moh specs. So I can't reach the pedals most of the time and the steering wheel is just too near, everything is very awkward :(

Stealth123, try going out in the middle of the night, after midnight. I often go up the ECP to Changi and come back down the other way on the PIE, and if I feel like it, I might even go do some hard driving on the small twisty backroads when there's no one around.

Ps. If you feel the need for speed, there's always this place known as 40 tiang :P

40 tiang quite dangerous, the white ants are quite active there.

Probably can do bout 4 runs before leaving, best is not to stay too long.

Maybe next time when you are ready can try to convoy together to malaysia, always fun to go in a group.

Guest stealth123

i think our resident SLK group can help u with that... they si peh active with many many drives and fun stuff... but i leave u with a warning... once join, can be hard to unjoin... they are poisonous and u will feel the need to drive... :D

enjoy ur last 150km of "virgin" miles... :thumbsup:

:) thanks... yeah - the last 150km came and passed quite quickly tho. I'm at 1600+km now. Time to *rev*...

the resident slk group very active huh? :) who huh who? .... dun see much invitation for nite drives here tho...

Guest stealth123

Haha yes Malaysia is awesome! Push your car to the limit there, if it can do 250km/h, make sure you try it :thumbsup:

yeah sareve.. thinking of doing a trip north.... there can stretch legs a bit.. *LOL*...

especially in the early hours of the morning when the air is cool and the sun is rising huh? must be a good drive..

Guest angela

Wow I can't believe you still remember those morons who accosted me for money! This is why I dislike Australia. I think I just don't like driving in Aus cause my car is made to ang moh specs. So I can't reach the pedals most of the time and the steering wheel is just too near, everything is very awkward :(

of course la, we were wondering how come after we stepped out got people come and wave to u then say ur car very nice... in singapore this sort of behaviour only comes from close friends joking with u... we assumed they were ur school mates. den after they poke their head in and come out with money, we were like WTF?

i didnt know cars differed in specs space wise... like, shouldn't it all be similarly adjustable for steering column and all? but this car was one that u choose urself, did u make a mistake at the shop?

Guest angela

:) thanks... yeah - the last 150km came and passed quite quickly tho. I'm at 1600+km now. Time to *rev*...

the resident slk group very active huh? :) who huh who? .... dun see much invitation for nite drives here tho...

go find ladyseals80, i think shes their "tao ger"

dun resist hitting the redline especially if ur car is a kompressor model... at night after 1-2am, the temperature in sg hits abt 24-25 on the expressways, i take that chance to rev the car and it easily hits 4000rpm with much lesser effort than on a hot sunny day. whats more there are no other vehicles infront with their smelly exhuast to choke up ur engine and ur lungs.

thinking of doing a trip north.... there can stretch legs a bit.. *LOL*...

especially in the early hours of the morning when the air is cool and the sun is rising huh? must be a good drive..

flashy cars are advised against going in alone.. maybe search in our events thread for some overseas activity u would like to participate in. the october b road drive for newbies is great for those who havent had any b road experience before.

stunning scenery and fabulous food together with funny friends is included. admission is free, the rest is sponsored by ur wallet. :D