• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Mercedes W124 After Market Parts

Guest mercw124

hi guys..sorry for nt posting for so long! nothing but busy busy busy!

anyway desmond, how does your smoked tail lights look like if they are still available? Would definitely be keen!

And if anyone can advise me on this, I have this slight problem acting up on my w124.

When i brake extremly hard or when travelling at low speeds with me controlling the speed using just the brake, the car can just die off suddenly with the RPM getting below 5000.

Any one experienced this before? :(

go to your mech, ask him to adjust your co. do some tuning, timing is out liao!

with aircon on, should be around 900rpm. btw, 5000rpm is like speed of 170km/h lei(if i can rememeber).. i believe you mean 500rpm

w/o aircon on, best idle range 1000 to 1100rpm. once you can get all these, your FC should be good..

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mercw124

have done tuning before but it doesn't work...this problem come n goes as it likes but recently it's getting nearly to a daily affair :(

oops - yes i meant 500rpm not 5000...haha...

was asking mech whether rpm could be adjusted higher, he said sth about not being able or sth..technically how would the rpm be increased?

currently with my air con on the rpm's slightly lower than the middle of 500 and 1000. is that considered low?

hmm...adjust my co.? what's that? ---> i'm really new to some terms so do englighten me!

last thing about the timing --> to get it replaced?

Hi mercw124, the engine dies off because one of the electronic circuit board in your car is faulty. The said board is just behind the ABS unit, held onto the chasis body by 2 screws. There are 2 plugs attached to this plate. Replace the electronic plate by first pulling out the 2 plugs, then unscrew the 2 screws and remove the plate. You may need a flat screwdriver to pry it off as the original unit has some adhesive glue holding it. The price difference for this item varies very widely depending on whether you get the original type or not, ie $200 over compare with $70+.

Keltanky, thanks for the address for Propel. Got a side mirror from Jonathan. More purchases will follow shortly.

Hi mercw124, the engine dies off because one of the electronic circuit board in your car is faulty. The said board is just behind the ABS unit, held onto the chasis body by 2 screws. There are 2 plugs attached to this plate. Replace the electronic plate by first pulling out the 2 plugs, then unscrew the 2 screws and remove the plate. You may need a flat screwdriver to pry it off as the original unit has some adhesive glue holding it. The price difference for this item varies very widely depending on whether you get the original type or not, ie $200 over compare with $70+.

Keltanky, thanks for the address for Propel. Got a side mirror from Jonathan. More purchases will follow shortly.

you welcome, so buying what next hehehe... that deep dish rims?? which side mirror? left or right? hmmm how much?

mercw124, the electronic board that jack just said, is our car's "ECU". yup price is around that range.

wait you say die off, does it gives you a big jerk when you are driving than it dies off?? or while waiting at traffic lights it dies off?

Guest mercw124

shall have a look at where the ECU is located later...usually where is this available?

keltanky, what's happening now it's like when i'm approaching a traffic light and when i brake from about 70-80km/h, when braking till about 15km/h, the rpm needle just drops below 500 and then the engine will just go off, battery is still running though, with the high beam lights, footbrake, battery indicators on the dashboard lighted up (ie when u just switch on battery power).

i will have to then brake to a complete stop, shift gear back to P and then restart the engine again.

are we still talking about the ECU here or is it something else that's giving this problem?

the car is very nice to drive and handle, albeit this pretty annoying problem.

in other times, the rpm needle will drop below 500 and then bounce back up again resulting in no problem.

and yes - currently trying to build up some savings on the headlights and rear lights together with new wing mirrors! didnt have an opportunity to do so last year :( any idea whether these are available in singapore? it's availble on ebay but shipping is abit of a problem with many of those sellers!

• 7 months later...
Guest angela

Since this is the thread for after-market W124 parts, can I ask any senior members here how can one soften the ride of one's W124? Preferably to Citroen levels of mushiness. Assume I don't mind the concurrent and expected compromise in road-holding ability. My average travel speed is a leisurely Ah Pek like 70 kmh, not so much Michael Schumacher as Michael Flipflopmacher! Any options anyone can suggest? Any dealer/mechanic reliable to recommend ??

Guest mercw124

hmm...one of the contributing factors would be the pressure you use to inflate your tyres.

lower pressure would mean softer rides :D

im on a w124 at 255psi vs my dad's w210 at 230psi...his ride is so much softer, especially going over humps..

Since this is the thread for after-market W124 parts, can I ask any senior members here how can one soften the ride of one's W124? Preferably to Citroen levels of mushiness. Assume I don't mind the concurrent and expected compromise in road-holding ability. My average travel speed is a leisurely Ah Pek like 70 kmh, not so much Michael Schumacher as Michael Flipflopmacher! Any options anyone can suggest? Any dealer/mechanic reliable to recommend ?

use stock front and rear springs(get them from scrap yards) and brand new bilstein front back absorber with 205/65/R15 tyres. its the best u can get.