• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Crap IUs

Guest colrc

Dunno where to bang table.

1) C&C

2) LTA

I got a feeling they are going to play taichi. :swduel:

C&C might say its IU issue,

LTA will say its your car film issue... or even your cash card issue!!

by the way, when they change the IUs, did they say what's the problem with the faulty ones??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest turismo

1) C&C

2) LTA

by the way, when they change the IUs, did they say what's the problem with the faulty ones??

Nope didnlt mention why it failed. Just say the IU short-circuited...

Guest kopimonster

1) C&C

2) LTA

for my case its definitly LTA issue, insert cash card got error liao and my cashcard is working fine, even the technician that changed for me also say IU fault

Guest kopimonster

bo leh....but they did waiver my ERP fines lor....in fact, after they confirmed the IU issue...they never even send me the fines.

but fyi...that day when my IU broke...i passed 2 ERP gantries and entered 1 carpark with ERP system, held back so many cars because of the faulty IU....super pek chek :censored:

Guest turismo

bo leh....but they did waiver my ERP fines lor....in fact, after they confirmed the IU issue...they never even send me the fines.

but fyi...that day when my IU broke...i passed 2 ERP gantries and entered 1 carpark with ERP system, held back so many cars because of the faulty IU....super pek chek :censored:

Yeap loh. Same as well. Need to get the security guard to open the office car park gantry manually cos cannot detect IU. And need to update buliding management everytime I change my IU. :twinmfinger:

Guest yonghwee

i tot mine PI car therefore got problem. changed twice within 6 months... now the IU a bit loose in the holder, but technician say can't do anything... :-[

Guest Archer

I also just got my IU changed this morning. Suddenly went dead and couldn't leave my home carpark!! :banghead:

Really a waste of time, man!!

I just changed mine on monday..bladdy basterrd...this is my 2nd time changing already...wussup man!? :2guns:

Guest m1122

Aiyoh just changed iu again - this is my 4th. Anyhow the technician told me that the iu now have a resistor to reduce the current so hopefully will solve the problem of ius dying on W204s.

• 1 month later...

Changed my IU twice and now got problem again. Cannot read the cashcard properly, must shake the card around few time then can read. Damn irritating!!!!

have to get it change again...... very leceh one...

btw mine is c180 bought in feb/mar 2009.

Guest xtrocious

WTF - how come the IU so hopeless?

A change of IUs means a change of IU numbers...

And if that happens, it means I have to give the new number to my condo carpark, my office carpark and also my wife's office carpark (both season parking)...can you imagine the hassle?!! :death:

I changed mine after 9 months. 2 of my colleagues also have their IUs changed. We all drive C-Class. My previous rides never had IU problems. Just curious, are those with IU issues driving W204? You know anyone driving other cars with IU problem?

well, talking about crappy IU. I have changed my a record 5 times!! This is just pathetic! For one, i thought it was the IU , but not anymore. So i decided to bring this matter up to LTA. After much ping-ponging between LTA and CC, the issue stem from a power surge in our c-class. Apparently, the technicians have no clue on how to solve this issue. Until then, we will continue to frequent VICOM.

This is just stupid, CC needs to get the wiring solve immediately. :( :2guns: :censored:

Finally we seem to be getting to the root of the problem. Thanks for raising the issue to C&C/LTA. I think LTA should discuss this matter with C&C and help resolve it. After all, it was they that approved the import! :clap:

Guest xtrocious

Finally we seem to be getting to the root of the problem. Thanks for raising the issue to C&C/LTA. I think LTA should discuss this matter with C&C and help resolve it. After all, it was they that approved the import! :clap:

Otherwise let them know that we may need to go "public" with this information if it doesn't get resolved...

Guys, I am one of the very few first C&C cars in July to be using the new generation IU's. So far after two months I have not encountered any malfunction problem as all reported here. My only problem with the new generation IU is some car parks does not recognize the IU and I will have to slot the cash card manually into the machine reader at the exits. Perhaps, you guys may want to fork out some $ to get the new generation IU's and save all the petrol money to make countless trips to LTA/C&C to solve this problem.

Scary to read these reports. Mine just went dead last month after driving for 6 months. At Vicom, the techincians just seems to know that it is 'dead' and have it changed FOC no question asked. I curiosly ask him what could be the problem. He simply says it is a repeating problem with this car. Some changed 3 times and even more for others.

Not sure when it will die next time. Real troublesome, cannot get into carpark and all.... wasting time.

Guest richardtaysh

Hi! The IU defect seems to be a common problem. I've collected my car in May 09. Within 4 months of usage and my IU is down as well.

Contacted my SE @ C&C. She mentioned that I can send my vehicle down to MBC and they'll help me with the replacement. She had also mentioned that sending the car down directly to VIACOM is faster than sending to MBC.

Let's poll and see how many of us have such problem.

Name/Car Collection Date/No. of IU Replacement to date:

#01. Richard / May 09 / 01

Guest xtrocious

Just came back from C&C

My SE told me that cars from July onwards will be using the new slim IU unit...

Claims that there hasn't been any issues with the new ones yet though she admitted that the previous "batch" of IUs may have been faulty...

Hopefully there won't be an issue for me - collecting my car on Thursday :pray:

Hi! The IU defect seems to be a common problem. I've collected my car in May 09. Within 4 months of usage and my IU is down as well.

Contacted my SE @ C&C. She mentioned that I can send my vehicle down to MBC and they'll help me with the replacement. She had also mentioned that sending the car down directly to VIACOM is faster than sending to MBC.

Let's poll and see how many of us have such problem.

Name/Car Collection Date/No. of IU Replacement to date:

#01. Richard / May 09 / 01

#02. 081C / April 09/ 01