• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Crap IUs

Guest colrc

Guest colrc

Does anyone have the problem of faulty IUs in their new C200? I've just had my THIRD one changed last week. The technician was just as blur and could not really give a satisfatory answer to this recurring problem except that he blamed the cash cards (which were all working)!!! Is there something wrong with the electricals?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

no, most likely the huper optik flim which you have installed.. been having this problem since day 1.. when the gantry cannot read it properly.. but i never bother to send it in to check.

Guest kopimonster

yup, i got the same problem too, just changed mine a couple of weeks ago...super troublesome to have faulty IU, cant even park in any shopping centres or any carpark that uses the "ERP" system!

but mine was so bad until it got problem reading the cashcard. do i drove down to sin ming and they changed the whole IU for me.

Guest daywalker

Hey, I also just changed mine 2 weeks ago...after half a year.

Never had this issue with any of my other rides :(

But now the new IU seems more difficult for the gantries to read compared to the original one ???

Guest angela

Think the IUs are the issue. Initially thought it was cashcard but then tried 5 different ones and none could be read. (but they worked in my other car). Eventually changed mine last week at VICOM. Technician said that it was a faulty batch of IUs and he has many failures in the past year.

Guest m1122

Its the crap IUs. In 1 yr 3 mths had IU changed 3 times.... not so bad on my 3rd visit there was a W204 2 cars in front of me and the technician told me his car changed 5 times liao :2guns:

Guest morganoh

Mine so far so good leh....coming to 4 months liao....finger cross though....

Any idea which batch got affected??

I change mine twice in 1year,

was told that Merc technician tape the electric wrongly and the the voltage kill the IU

therefore the LTA staff retape the electric source and hopefully i dont not need to change again

Guest Cerano

Does anyone have the problem of faulty IUs in their new C200? I've just had my THIRD one changed last week. The technician was just as blur and could not really give a satisfatory answer to this recurring problem except that he blamed the cash cards (which were all working)!!! Is there something wrong with the electricals?

My IU died within 2 weeks of car collection

lousy.

the whole thing just die. waste my time go sin ming

Guest mmkm

My IU died within 2 weeks of car collection

lousy.

the whole thing just die. waste my time go sin ming

My frend's c230 same, IU dead after weeks of car collection ! changd 4 times liao !

Guest dunno

I've changed my 3rd one a few weeks ago for my W204.

The technician there told me that he sees at least 10 C-Class a day. He couldn't give me the reason why, but he think its probably that the voltage is too high and that killed the IU.

Guest Cerano

I've changed my 3rd one a few weeks ago for my W204.

The technician there told me that he sees at least 10 C-Class a day. He couldn't give me the reason why, but he think its probably that the voltage is too high and that killed the IU.

Wow 10 ah?

So jialat

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cisconet

Hi Guys,

Are you referring to the new IU implemented by LTA for all cars on 1st Jul 2009? My IU the latest kind slim model could not go thru much of the car park gantry. Have to insert CashCard manually :(

Guest cisconet

Got my new ride and happen to be at Chai Chee Techpark, IU Error, have to insert cash card manually. :( Another shopping mall as mall... forgot which one liao.

Guest kepiting1sg

I change my 5th IU yesterday. :twinmfinger:

The technician who replace the IU advise me to lodge a complaint to LTA.

I salute :iconsalut: U for your patience!!!!

Dun be too nice a guy!

Time for U to BANG TABLE! :twinmfinger:

Time is precious!