• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Coolant leakage into engine

Cptay

Greetings,

My wife owns a A200 for more than 3 years. Recently, the top-up coolant and coolant temperature warning signals started to appear on a daily basis. We sent the car to cnc for repair, but guess what, the problem was not solved. We sent the car back to cnc again, but cnc said they could not spot any leakage and advised us to observe for few more days. Needless to say, we have to send the car back after a week. This time, the car stays there for more than 10 days. Eventually, after many phone calls, they get back and claim the coolant is leaking into the engine. They have difficulty suggesting a good solution for us. I was told the best solution is to change the engine! This is ridiculous. The next solution mentioned is top overhaul. With my limited knowledge, I can only suggest them to check the coolant tank cap and the head gasket. Replacing the engine is stupid. I have no idea why they are taking such a long time to troubleshoot, and leaving the customer in the dark for so long. Just simply not acceptable service from cnc. My wife is very disappointed with cnc, and wants to go back to Japanese built.

Can anyone here advise us what to do? What's the expected costs? Anyone with similar problem?

Regards

• Like 1

I had a bigger problem with leaking coolant as well. Found there was a crack on my C180 coolant assembly (plastic made) and was advised to replace it and at the same time replace some hoses and a major component - coolant/engine oil assembly. Damaged SGD 1700. I was told by the mechanic, that I am lucky to drive the car straight to them asap, otherwise there will be more damages. All this was done at a shell station near boon lay.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 9:49 AM, Cptay said:

Greetings,

My wife owns a A200 for more than 3 years. Recently, the top-up coolant and coolant temperature warning signals started to appear on a daily basis. We sent the car to cnc for repair, but guess what, the problem was not solved. We sent the car back to cnc again, but cnc said they could not spot any leakage and advised us to observe for few more days. Needless to say, we have to send the car back after a week. This time, the car stays there for more than 10 days. Eventually, after many phone calls, they get back and claim the coolant is leaking into the engine. They have difficulty suggesting a good solution for us. I was told the best solution is to change the engine! This is ridiculous. The next solution mentioned is top overhaul. With my limited knowledge, I can only suggest them to check the coolant tank cap and the head gasket. Replacing the engine is stupid. I have no idea why they are taking such a long time to troubleshoot, and leaving the customer in the dark for so long. Just simply not acceptable service from cnc. My wife is very disappointed with cnc, and wants to go back to Japanese built.

Can anyone here advise us what to do? What's the expected costs? Anyone with similar problem?

Regards

i had the same issue as u. but my issue was due to thermostat. i send my A200 saloon to this workshop at woodlands and i find that they are not too bad and pretty professional. if u like can give them a call for a 2nd opinion.

D Motorwerkz 280 Woodlands Industrial Park E5 #01-03/ 04/ 11 Harvest @ Woodlands S(757322) tel: 82004239 / 81260203 / 67347260

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings,

Regards

Can try chip soon in tampines who are merc expert.

• 6 months later...

Greetings,

Regards

Guys,Juzz be mindful .

The Later Mercs always seems to have a Coolant issue .

Every morning Before u Starts yr car ,open yr Coolant expansion tank & Check ?

if it’s Low ,Be alert ,u can top it up with water & monitor the next morning .

when u go for yr Servicing .Try to do it at 10k or or Below.

Ask the Mechanic to check the Coolant pump for Leakage.

Dey have changed to the Electronic Coolant/water pump for the newer model .

Theres a Recall for dat.

OMG …………

Routine checking is the Best solutions now.