• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

While considering C Class, which other cars did you consider too?

Guest xspace

Guest Cerano

I don't drive a C, but I am thinking of getting.

I have A4/A6 and IS250 in mind too...

What made you guys eventually stick with the C Class?

what makes you choose C class? i guess most people will tell you the same answers.

Hi there

I considered those too. IS250 is quiet but the interior quite jia lat leh. looks very messy

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest C200mfmw

No one considered a Passat R36? I was seriously tempted cos of the superior specs at a fraction of the cost of a C350/335 ... quite rare too on the roads

Guest xspace

Me is more to image conscious... :X

I don't drive a C, but I am thinking of getting.

I have A4/A6 and IS250 in mind too...

perhaps you might want to share us what are your needs first, so that we can give u better advise?

i for one, is staying from BMW for now becos of their crappy aftersales service even tho i really like some of their cars.

Guest kopimonster

i like BMW for its more youthful and sportier image, whereas a merc or a jag, tends to give a more mature and classier feel to it, and audi, to me, is a good alternative, a brand that was introduced to keep the rest in check :D, in fact, it is slowly overtaking the rest in cartain departments such as the design of car and cabin quality, IMHO my previous 2003 Audi has a much better cabin build than my present 2008 w204, how's that for comparison ;D

but this is juz my own perception, no offence intended ;D

i like BMW for its more youthful and sportier image, whereas a merc or a jag, tends to give a more mature and classier feel to it, and audi, to me, is a good alternative, a brand that was introduced to keep the rest in check :D, in fact, it is slowly overtaking the rest in cartain departments such as the design of car and cabin quality, IMHO my previous 2003 Audi has a much better cabin build than my present 2008 w204, how's that for comparison ;D

but this is juz my own perception, no offence intended ;D

hmm if compare your NA 6.3L and prev 1.8L TC? hehehehe :evlaugh: :evlaugh: :evlaugh:

Guest kopimonster

hmm if compare your NA 6.3L and prev 1.8L TC? hehehehe :evlaugh: :evlaugh: :evlaugh:

no la bro hehe, juz comparing the interior nia, its true that audis have very nice interior lor, and can really tell that they are out for world domination from the models they are throwing out of their production line...so the other brands better watch their back...:evlaugh:

but then again, competition among car manufacturers will only be beneficial to us...the customers muawahahaha :evlaugh:

Guest NewC180

I tested the A6 1+ year ago. For me, I don't really like the interior, maybe too many switches and I find them plasticky. And the sound insulation is very bad. The SE told me to go and do aftermarket sound insulation which all their customers are doing, something which I cannot accept. Imagine buying a car at that price and have to go and do aftermarket soundproofing! End up bought a bmw. I wonder how is the FL A6 now.

Tested the new A4 again end of last year when I bought my C. I can see vast improvements in the A4 this time round, maybe becos it's a new model, and the DRL is really drool worthy. Like the car, the comfort seats with the lap extension, and like the looks especially. But end up still bought a C, cos feel more confident in the Merc brand and AD's reputation.

And I can say, no regrets in the decision!

:clap:

Guest 9339

eeerr.....

C230

Scorroco

2nd hand 335

if tio toto (which i stupidly bought and had high hopes.. :banghead: )

GTR

1st hand 335 sedan

CLS 350

C63 wagon ( then change label to C180 + blue efficiency tag hehehe...wanna see the face of the wrx driver when he tries to show off to his gf in the pax seat lah.....heheh )

sorry har..not trying to offend anyone with a rex or loves the car..just too many bad experiences when I was driving my previous ride. hehe

can eat rex or evo for breakfast , lunch and dinner.

Bro cerano, dont under estimate Rex & Evo.....many got more than 500 horse under the hood. Knan eat back than cant sleep for weeks.......

Agreed with bro Kopimonster, it all depend who is behind the steering.......

Guest blackmercs

eeerr.....

C230

Scorroco

2nd hand 335

GTR

1st hand 335 sedan

CLS 350

C63 wagon ( then change label to C180 + blue efficiency tag hehehe...wanna see the face of the wrx driver when he tries to show off to his gf in the pax seat lah.....heheh )

sorry har..not trying to offend anyone with a rex or loves the car..just too many bad experiences when I was driving my previous ride. hehe

Bro cerano, dont under estimate Rex & Evo.....many got more than 500 horse under the hood. Knan eat back than cant sleep for weeks.......

ya, Long long time ago, in NS highway there is one kancil can tia alot of cars like a pce of tissue paper. Dont play play!!!

Guest Cerano

eeerr.....

C230

Scorroco

2nd hand 335

GTR

1st hand 335 sedan

CLS 350

seriously ah. 500 horses? in that chassis?

wow.

The GTR at 180k is good deal....

Guest kopimonster

yalor...some months back in vagsg forum, one member was selling his evo, forgotten how many horses, but it was claimed that it can run 0-100kph in less than 3 secs...can chiat with TP liao....dun play play.... :evlaugh:

Guest Cerano

yalor...some months back in vagsg forum, one member was selling his evo, forgotten how many horses, but it was claimed that it can run 0-100kph in less than 3 secs...can chiat with TP liao....dun play play.... :evlaugh:

wah that one is veyron speed liaos