• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 AMG line vs Avantgarde

diablos320

Hi all, I'm new to Merc. I saw an ad for a c180 AMG line. may I know what are the obvious difference between an Avantgarde vs AMG line? Just wanna make sure I'm not buy a self upgraded Avantgarde. The car I saw does not have sun/moon roof. Seats are semi electric( moving front and back is manual). Brakes have the Mercedes words. TIA.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, diablos320 said:

Hi all, I'm new to Merc. I saw an ad for a c180 AMG line. may I know what are the obvious difference between an Avantgarde vs AMG line? Just wanna make sure I'm not buy a self upgraded Avantgarde. The car I saw does not have sun/moon roof. Seats are semi electric( moving front and back is manual). Brakes have the Mercedes words. TIA.

it will be best to use pics to compare the difference:

AMG Line: https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1013243&DL=3028

Non-AMG Line: https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=1001068&DL=1000

1) Brakes - AMG Line has the larger 4 pot front calipers (with Mercedes words)

2) Exterior kit - AMG Line has a different front bumper, rear bumper with side vents and diffuser with 2 exhaust cutouts (non-amg line doesnt have the vents and the exhaust side is covered), and have a different sideskirt (non-amg has the silver trim at skirt, amg line doesnt)

3) Interior - AMG Line has the D-shaped steering (Non-amg line has a rounded one), and usually have the wood ash centre panel. (non-amg line is usually the piano/gloss black panel)

4) Exhaust - AMG Line usually have the twin mufflers, while non-AMG has the single muffler setup.

Disclaimer: These should be the visible ones, but do remember all of the above can be changed/upgraded. Best bet is also to see the vehicle details, it should state if its AMG Line or not.

Hope this helps.

On 7/18/2021 at 9:33 PM, snsd555 said:

@diablos320 You saw the ad from C&C or through PI?

C&C specs are quite standard, if PI, there can be very varied options depending on the PI/car.

First and more obvious point of difference would be the AMG styling kit. There should also be AMG parts littered around the cabin.

Hi the dealer say it's CnC unit. Just saw the log card also put AMG line

1 hour ago, diablos320 said:

Hi the dealer say it's CnC unit. Just saw the log card also put AMG line

Check the car with CnC with the VRN or VIN to make sure it's from CnC

After buying, you can update the car ownership record with CnC. 

They've a form to be filled

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

See if you can get CnC to explain to you what's cracked

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)