16 hours ago, Kent said:

Hi all, 

Just shifted frm BMW to Merc, hope my Merc journey will be more pleasant than my BMW 1...hahahaha

Welcome Kent, and enjoy your stay with us!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

21 hours ago, Kent said:

Hi all, 

Just shifted frm BMW to Merc, hope my Merc journey will be more pleasant than my BMW 1...hahahaha

Welcome @Kent, what BMW did you use to own? The newer ones are problematic indeed.

Enjoy your stay here!

10 hours ago, snsd555 said:

Welcome bro @IbanSurprise - the W205 is a fantastic car. Are you planning any mods or upgrades?

thanks @snsd555. i think i may use the stock config for a few months initially and see how it goes from there.

I saw some issues online like ISM and steering lock that may affect this w205. will it be a costly fix? and if u guys have a few reputable workshops to visit? appreciate it.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:33 PM, snsd555 said:

Welcome @Kent, what BMW did you use to own? The newer ones are problematic indeed.

Enjoy your stay here!

Used to own a E90 325i and a F07 535gt...all probs start to come on the 8th yr... especially DME

On 11/14/2020 at 3:18 AM, IbanSurprise said:

thanks @snsd555. i think i may use the stock config for a few months initially and see how it goes from there.

I saw some issues online like ISM and steering lock that may affect this w205. will it be a costly fix? and if u guys have a few reputable workshops to visit? appreciate it.

I think these only affected the earlier model years, which year is yours? IIRC, cost to fix is about 1-2k if it really goes wrong.

On 11/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, Kent said:

Used to own a E90 325i and a F07 535gt...all probs start to come on the 8th yr... especially DME

DME is the transmission? Sorry not too familiar with BMW. Mercs are generally more reliable i guess, plenty of COE Mercs on the roads but not many BMWs.

Idc Smile GIF

On 11/17/2020 at 5:42 AM, snsd555 said:

I think these only affected the earlier model years, which year is yours? IIRC, cost to fix is about 1-2k if it really goes wrong.

mine is a 2015 model.

can i check if there is a reverse sensor sound on a c180? it seems to be heard only when the car is really close objects