• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

1st time Merc owner

Kent

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Kent said:

Hi all, 

Just shifted frm BMW to Merc, hope my Merc journey will be more pleasant than my BMW 1...hahahaha

Welcome Kent, and enjoy your stay with us!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

10 hours ago, snsd555 said:

Welcome bro @IbanSurprise - the W205 is a fantastic car. Are you planning any mods or upgrades?

thanks @snsd555. i think i may use the stock config for a few months initially and see how it goes from there.

I saw some issues online like ISM and steering lock that may affect this w205. will it be a costly fix? and if u guys have a few reputable workshops to visit? appreciate it.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:33 PM, snsd555 said:

Welcome @Kent, what BMW did you use to own? The newer ones are problematic indeed.

Enjoy your stay here!

Used to own a E90 325i and a F07 535gt...all probs start to come on the 8th yr... especially DME

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2020 at 5:42 AM, snsd555 said:

I think these only affected the earlier model years, which year is yours? IIRC, cost to fix is about 1-2k if it really goes wrong.

mine is a 2015 model.

can i check if there is a reverse sensor sound on a c180? it seems to be heard only when the car is really close objects