Jump to content
  • Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

    Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

    SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

1st time Merc owner


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, Kent said:

Hi all, 

Just shifted frm BMW to Merc, hope my Merc journey will be more pleasant than my BMW 1...hahahaha

Welcome Kent, and enjoy your stay with us!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, snsd555 said:

Welcome bro @IbanSurprise - the W205 is a fantastic car. Are you planning any mods or upgrades?

thanks @snsd555. i think i may use the stock config for a few months initially and see how it goes from there.

I saw some issues online like ISM and steering lock that may affect this w205. will it be a costly fix? and if u guys have a few reputable workshops to visit? appreciate it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2020 at 2:33 PM, snsd555 said:

Welcome @Kent, what BMW did you use to own? The newer ones are problematic indeed.

Enjoy your stay here!

Used to own a E90 325i and a F07 535gt...all probs start to come on the 8th yr... especially DME

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2020 at 3:18 AM, IbanSurprise said:

thanks @snsd555. i think i may use the stock config for a few months initially and see how it goes from there.

I saw some issues online like ISM and steering lock that may affect this w205. will it be a costly fix? and if u guys have a few reputable workshops to visit? appreciate it.

I think these only affected the earlier model years, which year is yours? IIRC, cost to fix is about 1-2k if it really goes wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2020 at 4:37 PM, Kent said:

Used to own a E90 325i and a F07 535gt...all probs start to come on the 8th yr... especially DME

DME is the transmission? Sorry not too familiar with BMW. Mercs are generally more reliable i guess, plenty of COE Mercs on the roads but not many BMWs.

Idc Smile GIF

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2020 at 5:42 AM, snsd555 said:

I think these only affected the earlier model years, which year is yours? IIRC, cost to fix is about 1-2k if it really goes wrong.

mine is a 2015 model.

can i check if there is a reverse sensor sound on a c180? it seems to be heard only when the car is really close objects

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...