• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

'Group Buy' for COMAND APS (W203) + iTronic BT (Should fit most I guess)

Guest bbwannabe

Guest bbwannabe

Hello everyone,

I have started this project sometime ago. I have gathered enough info to start buying and installing stuff in my family's W203 FL!

Stuff:

COMAND APS

-With either original/compatible GPS antenna

Reverse Camera (Via COMAND APS, not on another LCD!)

Coupled with a Video in Motion (Filter)

-Required to watch video while car is moving.

-This filter is required for W203 only, otherwise a 'cheat code' override on COMAND for other vehicles will do.

Install local Digital TV tuner set!

-Cheaper than original merc solution but don't have analogue reception NOR original controls.

iTronic BT

-Utilises steering wheel, COMAND, etc for telephone operations.

-Use bluetooth to link with your phone

-No (Mercedes original) pre-wiring required! (If you press tel on your Audio 20 or what, it will say NO PHONE, that means no pre-wiring is installed)

-Argos don't work on MOST (erm... the type as in D2B and MOST) vehicles.

iPod Upgrade for iTronic BT

-To control iPod.

-Better than the original why? Because you can see the track names, controls and such on the COMAND itself!

-Caveat: Loses CD Changer feature, have to press cheat code to get changer again. Otherwise, read the webby!

iTronic stuff link is at http://www.incartronics.com/MBMost.html?MBClass=C&VIM=1

My foreign talent in Australia http://www.benzmodz.com/

So where do you come in?

You can add to my order. Share (and lower) the cost of shipping and purchasing.

Details:

COMAND APS - 1200++ EURO

-Subjected to stock

-Modified to support built in reversing like E-Class and ML-Class

GPS Antenna (Original Merc) - 120 EURO

GPS Antenna (Compatible) - 50+ EURO

FULL Reversing Kit (Original Merc Kits + Aftermarket Camera) - 700++ EURO

-Could be less if we get a reverse camera from local market

Video in Motion - 220+ EURO

iTronic BT alone is

650 USD for 3 units

$625 USD for 10 and up

(from the dealer in US)

Shipping in total for myself is already >> 350 EURO

BTW, if you wondering what else he offers...

Phone kit UHI complete = 1800 Euro (module + wiring + optical + bracket + roof antenna + extension + floor plate + clip + armrest)

Bluetooth HFP module = market price ~ 150 Euro

DIGITAL + ANALOGUE TV tuner kit including all OEM parts = 2,100 Euro (tuner + OEM window antennas + wiring + bracket + trunk lining)

(As you can see, quite killer.)

Any other questions just reply here!

I will close the thread say mid of next week (10th June). Working with 3 country is difficult to say the least. Hopefully can order before the exams come!

NB.: I am only a student, doing this on behalf of the family, hopefully helping some peps here. As such, I will not be able to pay in anyway first...

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kepiting1sg

calling unker, there are some that can work with your audio 20 for ipod & bluetooth

Unker surrender :banghead: & rest my case ever of upgrading to Command APS unless 1 bugger

out there can gurantee me that he will 100% know how to instal & program up the system for <$5K. (No need GPS)

Guest angela

Unker surrender :banghead: & rest my case ever of upgrading to Command APS unless 1 bugger

out there can gurantee me that he will 100% know how to instal & program up the system for <$5K. (No need GPS)

unker....... leave the problem, buy over sy69u's car...

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Guest kepiting1sg

unker....... leave the problem, buy over sy69u's car...

1. Talk like lots of bros here - Unker boh lui!

2. Paid C&C 2 arms & 2 legs to do it.

2. Dun wanna that chicken pie go to the dark side....hehehehe!!!

Guest bbwannabe

lol... okay bah. will close soon. otherwise i go in my own.

however, the bluetooth one is low-risk. should be able to work even with audio 20.

so, lai arh! buy buy buy!

Guest kepiting1sg

lol... okay bah. will close soon. otherwise i go in my own.

however, the bluetooth one is low-risk. should be able to work even with audio 20.

so, lai arh! buy buy buy!

If U go ahead, pls keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Guest kepiting1sg

can, take video peektures also can.

if like no one, this weekend i go order liao lor

BTW What's your name Bro?

Can gimme a call?

Unker name: Seah - 94506156

If U free today, this morning to early afternoon Unker at AutoSpritze @ Eunos - Benzline Branch

Guest kepiting1sg

okies, the COMAND APS is done.

btw, anyone wanna buy the ibtronics also? I need 3 person to get the bulk price! near to 200 usd savings. omg

U have installed the APS Command? :clap: :clap: :clap:

Would love to see it and check it out!

Hope U can make it to this mth GTG?

Congrats!

Guest bbwannabe

eh ppl,

i have better news. he (Miro, from Auz) is coming to Singapore for 36 hours! he said he will be in transit to Germany. if you all have always wanted to install COMAND. now is the time! email him at Benzmodz . have fun guys!

Guest bbwannabe

not sure. haha...

one person contacted him about w204 comand already. haha.. more orders and he will have a stay over. i quote:

"If the forum can combine its interests then I can plan a stop-over and we can arrange a mass workshop gathering where I can supervise several mechanics at once. Be prepared for some interesting photos."

Guest kepiting1sg

not sure. haha...

one person contacted him about w204 comand already. haha.. more orders and he will have a stay over. i quote:

"If the forum can combine its interests then I can plan a stop-over and we can arrange a mass workshop gathering where I can supervise several mechanics at once. Be prepared for some interesting photos."

I wrote to him too! ;D

Guest Cerano

not sure. haha...

haha i wrote to him about w204. but very expensive leh his parts. he say 3k euro. i think i can get from other sources.

Guest bbwannabe

hmmm... for one thing i can show your a 20 page email convo i had with him. he is very precised and detail about the plan. that itself is worth the cost.

on the other hand. he insist on using original merc parts. so the high cost can be attributed to that.

what you said is true. other sources are cheaper but can you be sure it will work from the get go?

when the things come liao sure no horse run one. (i hope) haha...

btw, i was surprised when he told me that

1. he did the IC design for Mobridge

2. partnered with Cartronics and such to make merc parts.

so the bluetooth set i wanted can be traced back to him. wow.

Guest Cerano

I have the wholesale supplier of authentic MB parts when i sourced out previously in my own effort to install comand.

3k +

One from the UK

One from Germany

they have the breakdown of parts according to part number and prices. I can show you.

Guest Cerano
Hi Mr Lim,

I conferred with my college in Europe and he indicates to me that opportunity comes with bulk ordering.

I priced the parts list you sent me and those come to $2,700 Euro + freight + installation. Please bear in mind that OLD part numbers are cheaper than the CURRENT part numbers. So by looking at the older information we can come to the wrong price. Prices did in fact increase.

Thanks,

Miro