• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 E200K HID Installation

Guest alumetal

Guest kepiting1sg
if your car have original hid system...

changing bulbs of same 35w and different colour will not give u check lamp problems....

but if u do not have original hid system and want to convert....

sure will have check light problems....

for fogs most mercs do not have check light issues.....

Hi Bro Clarkewan,

U have quoted the above statements

1. Contrary to your statement - My 8V W124 did not came with the original hid system - it did not has check light problem.

The 8V W124 does come with error msg for blown bulb.

Bro NewC180 has no problem Bor BlackMerc has no problem.

All these cars did not came with original HID system

Is there something like luck U mentioned or maybe voodoo? or there're some technical explanations to it?

2. For your 2nd statement - do U know which merc model has check light issue with fog lamps please?

BTW What kind of "cancellers are U using"?

Good to share all these knowledge Bro! :thumbsup:

Guest clarkewan

Seems funny, when I install my HID into my w124 master piece, it got check light.... After I put in cancellers the ok Liao. My fil one also same. Fogs no need to put cancellers. I did latest c class also need cancellers. Oh I am using 35w hid kits. Last time I use 50w hid kits then no need cancellers.

Cancellers are just some thing like resistors u put in between the ballasts n power supply from car....

These cancellers are from my hid supplier.

If anyone wants cash n carry hid, I can supply cheap but not nice for me to post price here cos I m not in this forum to make money....

Cheers!

Guest alumetal

confused...... so i got 1 set of slm and try from forum.... keeping all update whether it needs additional component to eliminate the "blown bulb" light.

Guest kepiting1sg

confused...... so i got 1 set of slm and try from forum.... keeping all update whether it needs additional component to eliminate the "blown bulb" light.

Good luck & update us pls. :thumbsup:

Guest kepiting1sg

Seems funny, when I install my HID into my w124 master piece, it got check light.... After I put in cancellers the ok Liao. My fil one also same. Fogs no need to put cancellers. I did latest c class also need cancellers. Oh I am using 35w hid kits. Last time I use 50w hid kits then no need cancellers.

Cancellers are just some thing like resistors u put in between the ballasts n power supply from car....

These cancellers are from my hid supplier.

If anyone wants cash n carry hid, I can supply cheap but not nice for me to post price here cos I m not in this forum to make money....

Cheers!

Thanks for sharing Bro Clarkewan! :thumbsup:

Guest arsenal

Good day Alumetal,

Thank you for the slim HID conversion kits info......I just purchased one set form your source and tested (haven't mounted yet) with seller and the 4300k HID kits works on W204 (May 09 car) dip beam without fault code. Plug & play swee swee & cheap cheap @ $100/-

Many kum xia agian.

Rdgs

Nicholas

Guest alumetal

Yo bro arsenal,

Thanks for the info.

Yeah i also confirmed w211 with slim ballast NO Error code too !!!

Also noticed that slim ballast is easiler in terms or location placement + faster 'light turn-on' and 'faster glow' as compared to the thick ballast. (has experience with thick ballast previously on my w124, also no error code too ! from same supplier.)

(Had done a search on the net, seems slim ballast is digital while the thick ballast is the anolog. Not sure but info seems pointing this direction)

INFO

Digital Ballast - http://www.hidlighting.com.au/Test%20Report%2018017.pdf

Anolog Ballast -http://www.hidlighting.com.au/Test%20Report%2015009%20and%2015011.pdf

Seller quite helpful right ? I am happy with their products.

Hope you are too.

Guest funng

heys bros, just wanna check with you all.

HID conversions kits, non-OEM 6k/8k bulb changes for Bi-Xenons.

will pass the VICOM LTA checks? or have to de-mod for the check? ???

Guest blackmercs

For lighting, as long as is not stock. Any modification is consider illegally, yes de-mod before inspection.

Guest funng

For lighting, as long as is not stock. Any modification is consider illegally, yes de-mod before inspection.

Ok. thanks bro. didn't know must de-mod. will keep in mind. thanks!

Guest angela

bro, not always have to demod right? cuz some models and version of our cars have such options as stock correct?

Guest blackmercs

bro, not always have to demod right? cuz some models and version of our cars have such options as stock correct?

hmm i get where u coming from, since yr stock has this option, used it lor. Are u referring to the xenon option for this case?

Guest blackmercs

har?? mean if install the HID conversion kit when inspection time have to take out ah???

No need to take out can also, buay pass lor. Is a beri straight forward job lah, dont worries too much. JUST MOD IT!!!

Guest funng

ok. i think got 2 separate categories

1. HID conversion kit - de mod before VICOM check. Want to hiong then take own risk?

2. OEM Bi-Xenon but changed bulb to 6/8k instead of OEM 4.3k bulb. VICOM checks for brightness?

:rockon:

Changed my bulbs from Unker Batam's 8000k bulbs, very happy with it. take some pictures soon!

like what Blackmerc says "JUST MOD IT"

Guest alumetal

If you knw how to change a H7 bulb.

de-mod shold be simple enough.

----------------------------

Meantime, some one here in the thread said he can sell at $90 nia !!

So quite a cheap conversion to date.

Guest blackmercs

If you knw how to change a H7 bulb.

de-mod shold be simple enough.

----------------------------

Meantime, some one can sell at $90 nia !!

So quite a cheap conversion to date.

$90? Wow, no fault light issue too?

Guest alumetal

The kit i got OK leh, no fault code so far.

I am not sure about kits from other sources.

-------------------------

Previously not sure also ...... bsc got ppl said SURE got fault code.... than got ppl said dont have...... confused.

Than finally tried...... dont have fault code leh ?

So hoh..... got NOTHING is SURE one lah.

Guest arsenal

Hi all,

I've DIY the HID conversion kits (slim ballast type - H7 type 4300k) yesterday.....all in less than $120/- and somemore got spare sealant and 25mm (1") hole-saw.

Super cost effective for this HID conversion I must say and can revert to original H7 halogen easily if want to.

Any kind soul here can help to post the DIY step by step instructions because I 've documented (paiseh it's for W204) in word format with pictures. Let me know or PM me and I can send the file to you.

As for the car inspection on the aftermarket HID issue how many people here actually drive their car for more than 3 years huh?

In fact, my previous E39 525i passed the car inspection with aftermarket HID installed. How would the vehicle inspection centre chaps know whether your MB with or without xenon-headlight option? If can not pass the inspection just reinstate to original, pass liao put back HID lor.......please don't say I say one.

Blackmercs, tio boh....whahahahaha...

Rdgs

Nicholas

Guest blackmercs

Hi all,

I've DIY the HID conversion kits (slim ballast type - H7 type 4300k) yesterday.....all in less than $120/- and somemore got spare sealant and 25mm (1") hole-saw.

Super cost effective for this HID conversion I must say and can revert to original H7 halogen easily if want to.

Any kind soul here can help to post the DIY step by step instructions because I 've documented (paiseh it's for W204) in word format with pictures. Let me know or PM me and I can send the file to you.

As for the car inspection on the aftermarket HID issue how many people here actually drive their car for more than 3 years huh?

In fact, my previous E39 525i passed the car inspection with aftermarket HID installed. How would the vehicle inspection centre chaps know whether your MB with or without xenon-headlight option? If can not pass the inspection just reinstate to original, pass liao put back HID lor.......please don't say I say one.

Blackmercs, tio boh....whahahahaha...

Rdgs

Nicholas

Tio tio, huat ah!!! Lai!!give me yr pics, lim peh post for u. Swee bor? BMW is special case lah, last time my CCFL angel eyes also pass inspection leh. BMW= Buy More Worries!!! hahahaa

Guest alumetal

yo bro arsenal,

post the DIY here so that it can be a sticky for all to benefit on the conversion.

W204, no problem lah.

All merc lighting system quite similar, only holder slight diff nia.

Aiyah..... i should hv document it too..... too late liao. Depend on you nia.

Yo yr BMW 5 series can mia ? Heard damn troublesome.

Guest arsenal

Bro alumetal,

I've sent the DIY document file (MS word format) to blackmercs and should be up shortly.

Yes, HID conversion can be done for the E39 (mine was year 2001 so quite long ago liao) but E60 me not sure. For E39 also plug & play type without fault code, must use the 1st generation Hella ballast (Original E39 Xenons also use 1st generation Hella ballasts). Hope this info helps.

Cheers....