• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

W211 E200K HID Installation

Guest alumetal

Guest alumetal

Hi bros,

Needs some advise as to the installation of HID on the W211 E200K.

Any bros here got experience ? will the "Blown Bulb" indicator lights up ?

Read on the net but got some confusing data..... some say its plug and play without any trouble..... some say must set the Diagnostic "Lighting" to Xenon ?? (How to access this menu page ha ??)

So far understand that there is 2 type of HID Ballast (Digital / slim type and the Analog / Fat type)

I had seen some bros E200K on the road with 8000K HID... damn nice.

My experience with HID limited to Korean and Japanese cars.... and got no problem, just plug and play.... less complicated system.

Pls advise or can direct some site link on the subject ?

Thanks for reading

icon_salut.gif

Guest east539

you mean you want to purchase the HID conversion kit or want to DIY the HID yourself?

if you intend to know where to buy the HID conversion kit & have it done at local workshop, this is bro blackmercs super cheapo HID kangtao, hava a read on his thread http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/index.php?topic=3402.0 or directly visit the website also can, here is the link http://www.vvme.com/catalog/list-s-10145-10146.html

if you intend to do everything yourself, including installation, have a read in the following MBWorld thread:

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/285865-bi-xenon-alternative-install-detail.html

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/w211-amg/231016-bi-xenon-retrofit-50-pics-56k-no.html

http://www.mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w211/188825-hid-fog-lights-headlight-install-guide-211-e-series-may-work-other-series-models.html

Guest alumetal

Yo thanks bro east539 for the link.

I am wondering is any bro here have successfully DIY a HID kit themselve.

I was thinking of buying from other car forum, price is quite cheap....$120 and DIY install them myself.

Thing is the "Blown Bulb" light, whether it will light-up or not and also ways to rectify it.

Guest east539

for what i know, unker & bro blackmercs bought the HID conversion kit from the site i gave you & installed it on their ride until now no issues or problems at all. somemore the cost for the HID conversion kit including shipping is around $100 nia, installation wise can go to darren auto at toh guan, quite cheap for what i know, but i duno the exact figure, why DIY when you can have it done by pro & the price is the same or even cheaper.

calling unker & bro blackmercs!!! how muchi is the installation cost of the HID light ah???

Guest clarkewan

W211 uses h7 bulbs.

U need to use a pair of cancellers to cheat the system...

If u interested, I can be reached at 96777707...

Thanks.

Not so nice to post price here....

Cheers....

Guest kepiting1sg

for what i know, unker & bro blackmercs bought the HID conversion kit from the site i gave you & installed it on their ride until now no issues or problems at all. somemore the cost for the HID conversion kit including shipping is around $100 nia, installation wise can go to darren auto at toh guan, quite cheap for what i know, but i duno the exact figure, why DIY when you can have it done by pro & the price is the same or even cheaper.

calling unker & bro blackmercs!!! how muchi is the installation cost of the HID light ah???

My present ride has original bi-xenons so I have less worry about "blown bulb msg" with HID installation.

My previous W203 installed the OEM projector lens with Xenon - at 1st no problem but after 1 day - "blown bulb" error msg.

Brought it back to the installer shop and get into the Diagnostic Program to set Xenon present - No problem after that.

Installation @ Darren auto was $50 to instal the H.I.D kit for my H11 fog lamps & stick on my rear spoiler.

So far so good!

"IMHCCBO" why BlackMerc H7 low beam & H11 fog lamps HID conversion kit is either

a)The kit really take care of the "blown bulb" msg problem or

b)His ride OBC has Xenon present set as default

And like he said - If U have problem with the instals - U dun lose an arm or leg with a <$100 H.I.D conversion kit + $50 for the installation.

I will be converting my high beam to H7 HID conversion kit but from a different seller.

These are supposed to be original Philips H7 HID conversion kit.

They are on the way to me from the States.

Will update U guys once I've installed them.

Guest NewC180

many many moons ago, i change my w204 low beam to philips hid also no error message. now after many many moons, low beam still works perfect with no error msg.

like what unker say, this super value-for-money mod can't go wrong la.

Guest kepiting1sg

W211 uses h7 bulbs.

U need to use a pair of cancellers to cheat the system...

If u interested, I can be reached at 96777707...

Thanks.

Not so nice to post price here....

Cheers....

IMHO

If U are using 100 Ohm 10 Watt Ceramic Resistor they are good for small bulbs like the licence plate lights conversion to LEDs not H.I.D

They would not lightly be suitable for higher wattage like your H4 low beam on your W124 or the H7 low & high beam for the W211.

The resistor add additional load to the LEDs but they have to be ceramic cos "normal resistor" will be heated up very badly and may even cause fire.

For conversion to HID - some on MBWorld claim they are able to solve this problem with

2200µF 35V 20% Axial-Lead Electrolytic Capacitor from Radio Shack Model: 272-1020

Care to share your secret Clarkewan? :thumbsup:

Guest blackmercs

No setting any sort for my ride. ZERO ZERO ZERO. It's works, no issue at all. One of the cheapest HID mod for conti car. Even non conti car couldnt get at this price locally, provided u have super good lobang. Without the blown bulb or error code, is really a blessing.

Good luck!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

many many moons ago, i change my w204 low beam to philips hid also no error message. now after many many moons, low beam still works perfect with no error msg.

like what unker say, this super value-for-money mod can't go wrong la.

Like I said, maybe they could have set the xenon present as default setting....muahahaha!!!!

Ah Heng arh diam diam go change Philips H7 for your low beam arh???

May I know where U got them and how much hor?....I wanna see whether I paid too much for mine or not.....hehehehehe!

Guest NewC180

Unker you leally lao lio la, me change philips hid like half a year ago and posted here long long ago lio la! must search and find the thread. did it at a shop at macpherson, paid about $500 thereabout, can't remember the exact amount.

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker you leally lao lio la, me change philips hid like half a year ago and posted here long long ago lio la! must search and find the thread. did it at a shop at macpherson, paid about $500 thereabout, can't remember the exact amount.

Unker has to admit lao liao lah! :yawn:

Like they said, it's paid back time!

BTW I collected your D1S 6k bulbs from the PO on Monday.

Will pass them to you this Sunday @ the GTG.

I got these recently, dunno they are same as yours or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360155182962&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

If they are good, I might wanna unload my cheapo H11(They are good but dunno whether they last or not)

Guest NewC180

Unker has to admit lao liao lah! :yawn:

Like they said, it's paid back time!

BTW I collected your D1S 6k bulbs from the PO on Monday.

Will pass them to you this Sunday @ the GTG.

I got these recently, dunno they are same as yours or not?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360155182962&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=

If they are good, I might wanna unload my cheapo H11(They are good but dunno whether they last or not)

Unker, i oso lao leh, how to remember what i did half a year ago?

Ummm... the packaging of the ebay link you posted don't look like the ones I had leh.

Anyway, Philips HID conversion kit got so many types meh?

Guest kepiting1sg

Unker, i oso lao leh, how to remember what i did half a year ago?

Ummm... the packaging of the ebay link you posted don't look like the ones I had leh.

Anyway, Philips HID conversion kit got so many types meh?

Dunno leh...maybe change in packaging!

Dun think this guy is so brave to sell fakes so blatantly,

summore with eBay nick philipshidxenon and on eBay for abt 5yrs.

Saw something like this at BL recently but cannot remember identical or not cos like U say Unler lao liao! beh ngeh liao! so took 10 from baby crab making session to tcss on this thread....muahahaha!

Guest kepiting1sg

i was thinking of buying these slim HID kit.

Any idea they will have the "blown bulb error" ?

IMHO

If your W211 do not come with original Bi-Xenons,

try out a cheapo set(<$100) like we did and if U dun face problems, go & upgrade to "better ones" if U prefer.

I did my H11 fog lamps with the cheapo set 8500k color and they are alright.

Next I am gonna try out the high beam H7 but with a "better set".

My ride came with Bi-Xenons which use D1S bulbs and I've upgraded them to 8500k color.

If U are coming to the GTG, he are welcome to take a look at my ride.

Guest clarkewan

if your car have original hid system...

changing bulbs of same 35w and different colour will not give u check lamp problems....

but if u do not have original hid system and want to convert....

sure will have check light problems....

for fogs most mercs do not have check light issues.....

for main lights i am very sure u will have....

:D :D :D

if u have....

i can solve for u...

cheers!!!

Guest NewC180

changing bulbs of same 35w and different colour will not give u check lamp problems....

if u have....

i can solve for u...

cheers!!!

I beg to differ. For my W204 that does not have original xenons, I have changed to Philips HID half a year ago.

1. No error messages

2. No error cancellor required

3. No need to go for reprogramming

4. No flickering

Confirmed and ta stamp!

Half a year has passed and still going strong.

Guest kepiting1sg

if u have....

i can solve for u...

cheers!!!

I also beg to differ!

My previous 1990 8V W124 has no problem fixing after market H4 HID Hi-Low beam.

1. No error messages

2. No error cancellor required

3. There's nothing to program

4. No flickering

Used them for >3 years without problem before I sold the car.