• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Any Complains/Problems/Regrets with your new B-Class?

Guest echodeltax

Guest flyboy

I gave up sending my car to C&C, it is wasting my time and I have alot more important things to attend to than to pursue a lost cause.

It is 'definitely' a common problem as I have 2 other friends whom I have recommended(feel so paiseh now) to buy the B-class are facing the same issue, not including those who replied to this thread.

If anyone who ask for my recommendations, sorry but I have to say this, there are better choices out there than to put up with this ailment. A sick car is a sick car, no matter what.

Cheers!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ripclaw

i have this jerkiness too but its only at low speed esp approaching high humps. but honestly, i think its acceptable and althought the effect was more pronounced initially when i got the car, its less now, maybe due to the engine and parts running in.

Guest knighthunter

My 2 months B170 doesn't have this problem, it jerk sometime but I think is normal....did anyone note if rev up to 5000-5500k RPM there some funny smell from aircon, it was so strong last time I thought something was burnt on engine bay but nothing. Now after 3000 km I still can smell this albeit not as strong as before when I really push the car to redline.

Guest flyboy

knighthunter,

Welcome to the b-class and its problem. Yup, your car is 'normal'. The smell will be around for a while and it will go away eventually. But your 'jerk' will not.

What I don't understand is why are the B-owners are so forgiving and compromise so much to accept the problem as part and parcel of your car. The jerkiness is not normal. The jerkiness should not happen, no matter how slight or pronounced it is.

You have paid good money for the car and yet receive such inferior product. We are talking about Mercedes here, not some cheapo production. But then again, b-class is neither their flagship or best selling model, so I don't really think they care. My friend's car and mine has clocked more than 150 workshop hours and yet they still couldn't find the problem.

Ask yourself a very simple question, would you recommend another friend to buy this car? I will not as I have made the mistake twice.

Cheers!

Guest knighthunter

knighthunter,

Welcome to the b-class and its problem. Yup, your car is 'normal'. The smell will be around for a while and it will go away eventually. But your 'jerk' will not.

What I don't understand is why are the B-owners are so forgiving and compromise so much to accept the problem as part and parcel of your car. The jerkiness is not normal. The jerkiness should not happen, no matter how slight or pronounced it is.

You have paid good money for the car and yet receive such inferior product. We are talking about Mercedes here, not some cheapo production. But then again, b-class is neither their flagship or best selling model, so I don't really think they care. My friend's car and mine has clocked more than 150 workshop hours and yet they still couldn't find the problem.

Ask yourself a very simple question, would you recommend another friend to buy this car? I will not as I have made the mistake twice.

Cheers!

I think the jerk I am encountered in only at the low speed once a while and perfectly normal for me. I think this jerk is from the CVT if you put on M mode start at 1st gear it will not jerk at all. I hate CVT gearbox but I dunno why on that day I decided on B170 instead Volvo S40 2.0

My car never stalled so not an issue.

• 1 month later...
Guest flog11

Hi. Just to share - I got the B200T cos of the 7 spd manual and great torque esp with the turbo. I had problems with it also - wheel noise, whiny engine, jerky etc amongst others and I thought it was just my :asshole: luck but from this forum, it looks like the B series has issues. On another note, does anyone know where to get the rear hatch spoiler and other accessories for the B?

Guest Cerano

Hi. Just to share - I got the B200T cos of the 7 spd manual and great torque esp with the turbo. I had problems with it also - wheel noise, whiny engine, jerky etc amongst others and I thought it was just my :asshole: luck but from this forum, it looks like the B series has issues. On another note, does anyone know where to get the rear hatch spoiler and other accessories for the B?

Welcome welcome bro

try benzline! :welcome:

Guest 777kenny
On another note, does anyone know where to get the rear hatch spoiler and other accessories for the B?

You can get the original hatch spoiler from C&C. Other Aftermarket stuff you can indent thru local shops (eg. KBS, Benzline, etc.) or buy online (eg. ebay)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Jean Tan

Hi all,

I am new in this forum. I bought my B170 almost 2 years. It is a very safe car. I tried drove 140km/h in Malasia Highway, it performs well, only it is a bit bumppy due to the lousy absorber and hard seats. The matenence fees in C&C is very high, change 4 break pad ard 24,000 costs me s$600 and the basic 2nd service cost my s$1100.

I almost wanted to sell it away, later found out that my car OMV is only $28,000 and the max. I can sell is only s$61,000. I bought at ard s$109,000, can you imagine how much this C&C made. You know same capacity Japanese car's OMV is also ard 28,000 and it costs ard S$70,000.

I did check the OMV from the salesman when buying the B170, the 'sotong' man told me is ard s$38,000.

Regret to buy it, looks like I have to own it till the end of the COE.

Regards,

Jean

Guest ratsgoh

Jean,

Hoped you didnt take a 10 years car loan.. else scrapping the car in years to come will be extremely painful. Anyway, if the ride is good, continue driving. Those shock absorbers u had are considered very good, compared to the ones I used to had on the A190. Anyway, catch some of the other B Class owners during our monthly meet-ups at Kallang. Hoped to see u there.

James

Guest Jean Tan

Jean,

Hoped you didnt take a 10 years car loan.. else scrapping the car in years to come will be extremely painful. Anyway, if the ride is good, continue driving. Those shock absorbers u had are considered very good, compared to the ones I used to had on the A190. Anyway, catch some of the other B Class owners during our monthly meet-ups at Kallang. Hoped to see u there.

James

Wow, I never think of that. Luckily, I had paid all my loan. Thanks for inviting me for the meet-ups!

• 3 years later...

I too am experiencing this jerkiness at low speeds. It is still pronounced on my 5yr old B170.

Till now I'm still at a loss to why this is so. I notice this thread started and ended in 2009.

Still puzzled>>>

2008 W245 Black with no mods yet.

B 170 in the East

• 2 weeks later...

Been driving my Bee for abt 1 mth, and last night my engine stalled when approaching the exit of the carpark. It stalled just before the slope (the cashcard machine is on a slope)...I had to pull the handbrake and restart the engine..phew...luckily it did not stall when I was travelling on the highway etc...

Looks like it might be an inherent prob! Any bros out there encounter as well?

I got a 2009 B170 and Yes ! the car does stall if you use original Sparks. I replaced it with denso Iridium sparks and never happen again. Cost around $100 to replace.

Hi all,

I am new in this forum. I bought my B170 almost 2 years. It is a very safe car. I tried drove 140km/h in Malasia Highway, it performs well, only it is a bit bumppy due to the lousy absorber and hard seats. The matenence fees in C&C is very high, change 4 break pad ard 24,000 costs me s$600 and the basic 2nd service cost my s$1100.

I almost wanted to sell it away, later found out that my car OMV is only $28,000 and the max. I can sell is only s$61,000. I bought at ard s$109,000, can you imagine how much this C&C made. You know same capacity Japanese car's OMV is also ard 28,000 and it costs ard S$70,000.

I did check the OMV from the salesman when buying the B170, the 'sotong' man told me is ard s$38,000.

Regret to buy it, looks like I have to own it till the end of the COE.

Regards,

Jean

If your W245 is no longer under warranty there is no reason to return to CnC. For servicing you get get all the parts from Gallop or Ang Auto supply or any Auto supplier. For normal servicing you only need Engine Oil and Filter. Labour is around $25. Total around $100.00. You can reset the cluster yourself.

I got a 2009 B170 and Yes ! the car does stall if you use original Sparks. I replaced it with denso Iridium sparks and never happen again. Cost around $100 to replace.

If your W245 is no longer under warranty there is no reason to return to CnC. For servicing you get get all the parts from Gallop or Ang Auto supply or any Auto supplier. For normal servicing you only need Engine Oil and Filter. Labour is around $25. Total around $100.00. You can reset the cluster yourself.

The post you're replying to was posted in 2009.

Actually it's stated in the manual to change it every 60k but I was having this intermittent stalling problems. i went back to CnC to complain but they kept saying is normal. Finally one day I decided to change the sparks n the problem resolved.

I thought the spark plugs reminder is timely. At least for me.

Depend on your internal setting. You can set or reset your cluster. Turn your key clockwise 1 click, press your set button 3 times and you were be able to access your system setting.

• 9 years later...

which model is your bclass? w245 or w246? 

what do you rcmd other than this?

On 5/22/2009 at 11:13 AM, Guest flyboy said:

I gave up sending my car to C&C, it is wasting my time and I have alot more important things to attend to than to pursue a lost cause.

It is 'definitely' a common problem as I have 2 other friends whom I have recommended(feel so paiseh now) to buy the B-class are facing the same issue, not including those who replied to this thread.

If anyone who ask for my recommendations, sorry but I have to say this, there are better choices out there than to put up with this ailment. A sick car is a sick car, no matter what.

Cheers!