• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

What is your W124 FC like?

Guest E200

Guest eokh

Anyone tried adding additive to your fuel? My ex ride (91 model) have better fuel consumption after adding a malaysian product. It's derived from palm oil. Giving a smoother engine. I stopped using bec I was given free 6 bottles (50/50 city / highway)

140604 : 193km/19.86L

1L=9.72km

100km=10.29L

220604: 365km/49.35L

1L=7.4km

100km=13.52L

300604:399km/49.42L

1L=8.07km

100km=12.37L

190704:397km/52.16L

1L=7.61km

100km=

010605 with booster

421 km/ 49.5L

100km=11.7L

8.51km = 1L

020705 with booster

8.94km=1L

378km/50L

7.56km/L

413km/54L

7.65km/l

387km - 51L

7.59km/L

495km - 52.9L

8.22km/L

you using Afterburn from Aerotech ??

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JiaJia

Hi guys... Im new here; first post

:)

My full tank gets me about 600-620 on Singapore roads before I top up another full tank of gas (60% highway, 40% streets)

Did a drive up to Kuantan on the Mersing trunk road once on a full tank of gas and drove till my tank went completely empty; 672km (did it on purpose to see how far my car can go)

Driving on 16inch rims currently (when I drove on my 18" I got about 640 till tank went dry)

8V 1991 200E, 2 pax, not that light footed :)

Cheers

Amin

Wow ... seriously.. how to achieve this kind of FC??? Any proven Merc Benz-engine-friendly type of additives that can increase fuel efficiency? Getting concerned with the recent oil price hike and I am quite a heavy footed driver (how else to get the tank moving???).

Guest eokh

Getting concerned with the recent oil price hike and I am quite a heavy footed driver (how else to get the tank moving???).

no need to get concerned ... get a Saudi sugar daddy lor

:clap:

Guest aremean

Wow ... seriously.. how to achieve this kind of FC??? Any proven Merc Benz-engine-friendly type of additives that can increase fuel efficiency? Getting concerned with the recent oil price hike and I am quite a heavy footed driver (how else to get the tank moving???).

I dont add any additives to my tank, except for the STP Fuel Injector cleaner (into my full tank of gas) after every Oil Change (every 15000 km)

When I bought the car, the fuel consumption was about 480 km per full tank.... My mechanic (in malaysia) advised me to get all the mounting (engine, gearbox, long rod etc) changed, belting and tensioner changed, fuel pump changed, fuel line changed and he cleaned the Injector and tuned my car...

I also got the wheel bearings changed as well as all the other suspension arm mountings and bushings as well as ball joints (not forgetting the 4 bilstein shock absorbers) - I guess all these play a part because a smoother rides = less wasted energy

VOILA 620KM per FULL TANK ON MY 18"

3111504525_5d0279f970.jpg?v=0

3111504991_ab191e4cf6.jpg?v=0

After a year on 18" I decided to give the 16" (W211) a try and bought one used (with 90% tires) from propel at $400 and my FC improved to 670... not much difference in consumption but a whole lot more comfort on the ride now!

My mechanic told me that my car's engine is very healthy and powerful (despite it having more then 300k km on the odo) and thats the other reason why Im getting such fantastic mileage (Im only the second owner)

aremean

dont mean to be a wet blanket ... seems like your rims are protruding out too much

are you sure the offset is correct ??

Yeah man. Aggressive looking offset. If he flares his guards out it will sit perfect macam E500 kekeke.

Guest aremean

aremean

dont mean to be a wet blanket ... seems like your rims are protruding out too much

are you sure the offset is correct ??

The rims dont protrude out, flushes with the sides of the wheel recess area.

Im not sure about the offset, but it looks real neat to me especially when I had my car lowered (but driving a lowered car is just too much work, LOL). And it sits in real nice when i hit a bump (with full load) at high speed, so I guess its ok?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mercw124

Currently doing 645km per full tank (to be exact 64.32 litres) in Singapore roads, 85% highway, 15% roads from Kovan to CCK daily on smooth traffic. Avg speed on highway 100-110km/hr. Avg speed on roads 65-70km/hr.

Have been doing minor replacements for the past 1 year resulting in the superior mileage compared to 550km/full tank in the past.

Car on 15' rims with an engine overhaul never done before.

Only had recently put in a higher (am) battery. :D

Guest MBfallshirmjager

Welcome to the club of W124ers that are able to hit 10km/litre! :welcome:

I haven't tried going beyond 600km. Maybe I should try testing my W124 to stretch my full tank. Otherwise, I am always pumping it between 55-60 litres max.

Guest starnite

Currently doing 645km per full tank (to be exact 64.32 litres) in Singapore roads, 85% highway, 15% roads from Kovan to CCK daily on smooth traffic. Avg speed on highway 100-110km/hr. Avg speed on roads 65-70km/hr.

Have been doing minor replacements for the past 1 year resulting in the superior mileage compared to 550km/full tank in the past.

Car on 15' rims with an engine overhaul never done before.

Only had recently put in a higher (am) battery. :D

bRO.. Care to share what did u change to achieve such good FC? Ur ang mo too good.. I cannot understand..Car on 15' rims with an engine overhaul never done before. So did u overhaul your enginer or Not?? ???

Guest mercw124

Lol. No overhaul done :) In the past year had only replaced tyres, steering tie rods, suspension systems, front and rear couplings, engine mountings (this reduces loads of engine vibration, relieving engine stress) and a 75 amp maintenance free battery.

I don't know if this is taboo, but based on how I've tested the car, the car offers better mileage on average by filling it to full completely rather than just topping up to ie 3/4.

I usually hit avg 10km/l on a complete full tank but this decreased to around 9.5-9.6km/l when I did a sub top up. The W124 offered fuel mileage of around 11.5km/l so that's a benchmark itself you can set yourself in line with.

Just try tweaking or replacing parts attributing to the stress points of the engine and you should see improvements here and there :D

It's like building a F1 car, but instead of speed, it's to engineer better fuel mileage :P

Guest aremean

Currently doing 645km per full tank (to be exact 64.32 litres)

Hey bro, Im sure the tank is bigger then that....

When I drove my car dry (to test my fuel consumption), I managed to pump about 70l of petrol in total. (10l from my auxiliary tank in my boot, that I bring along on long drives in Malaysia, and topped up another 60l+ at a petrol station a few KMs away)

My Merc is a 1991 200E.

Guest mercw124

Yup, what I had meant by full tank (63.42 litres) was the total amount pumped in at the point when the indicator lighted up all the way till the fuel could be seen literally at the tank entrance.

The true full tank capacity if I'm not mistaken is around 68 lites, with 4 lites of reserve (once indicator lights up)

:) Do share any more tips for enhancing fuel capacity!

As some of u guys know i just got my 1994 W124. First tank i manage to only clock 500km with 62 liters. 60percent Highway, 40percent Urban. Gonna see if can improve after time and after replacing some parts. Parts i need to replace are Gear Bushing, Front Coupling. Also wanna do Engine flush and change to iridium sparks. Going for the OWS Engine flush and Protector. After all this see can improve a not.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest noelhon

seems like being awhile since Bros updated their FC.

mine is a 8v 91, driving 40% h'way/60% city, always in "S" mode. tyre pressure is 225 for 15". mainly 2 pax in the car wif empty boot. FC current is 7.1km/l. seems bad compare to some Bros here. Petrol on 95 n 92 mix. Had burnt carbon in NS h'way once, traveled 160km, avg spd 130-140kmh.

want to ask what should i do to improve my FC? my mech say i nit burn more carbon as i told him my car can rch 170kmh max at ns h'way. also he ask me to do something abt the fan (not sure wat he meant) to improve FC but dun noe hw much better.

any Bros have any "secret formula" to share for better FC or advise?

most mechs says can use 95 and 98,

if wana use 92 also can, but must tune the CO.

by the way, CO is very impt for 8Vs!!

think your mech is talking abt asking you to convert your fan to electric fan, to save loading on engine..

when you burn carbon, 140 to 150, your rpm is roughly how much??

tyre pressure and alignment also affects the FC

Guest noelhon

pump 92 just want to c wat is the difference, hehe. so far, cant reali tell.

had done CO tuning before, maybe i shld do it again after the burn carbon session.

chge electric fan will result better FC or more responsive engine??

didnt reali look at rpm while high speed. but normal drive at 100, rpm is alradi 3".

alignment was done after doing my steering pump n tie rods stuff. tyre pressure was checked once a month, reliase pressure will fall to 208. think i must pump air more regular...

btw, my batt is 65amp, mech say 75amp shld b better. wat is the diff? will it give me more power??

Guest mercw124

Your tyre pressure is a little low for fuel optimization!

Try using a PSI of 240 and above. You should see a difference. (A slightly bumpier ride though)

Try changing your battery to a higher amp one.

If possible, change your tie rods and engine mounts. (Reduces vibration, less strain on engine)

Please don't use any additives - gives more power, but burns more fuel.

Use S mode.

When pumping fuel, make sure you do it to the brim. (Doesn't make sense, but proves about 2% difference)

More to come! =)

Guest noelhon

When i drive using RON92, didnt hear any noise. Lack of power, i tot it always lack, haha. am in S' mode always.

tyre pressure can go 240? cmf wun blow....??? mech initially tell me 220, i alreadi more gung ho, did 225. Shall try 240 n c hw :yumyum:

tie rods i alrady change. Engine mounts, is it costly???

When pumping, once it stop automatically, i never try pump more. Shall try at my nx visit.

When i drive using RON92, didnt hear any noise. Lack of power, i tot it always lack, haha. am in S' mode always.

tyre pressure can go 240? cmf wun blow....??? mech initially tell me 220, i alreadi more gung ho, did 225. Shall try 240 n c hw :yumyum:

tie rods i alrady change. Engine mounts, is it costly???

When pumping, once it stop automatically, i never try pump more. Shall try at my nx visit.

i always pump 250!! think real max is 300(depends on tyres spec too!!) but that will be too hard ride!!!