• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is it easy to self change Front Grille ?

Guest wira

Guest wira

Hi

Am planning to buy a 3 Fins front grille for W203 from Ebay.

Would like to seek advise is it easy to change the front grille myself or do I have to bring to workshop to change this ?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ehwwong

another poison that i intend to buy from ebay too...

i think should be easy installation looking at the structure but it would be nice if anybody with experience can share??

blackmerc or unker??

Guest blackmercs

i think should be easy installation looking at the structure but it would be nice if anybody with experience can share??

blackmerc or unker??

kekeke i m doing some research on this area too. Maybe no need to order from ebay, locally have it. Will confirm ya. Buay sia kan cheong Unker say one. From wat i know, there are two bolts on both side to dismantle the grill but i didnt explore it. I m not a handy man lah, usually will ask workshop to do the installation for me. I m so proud of myself when i manage to change the eyelid LED T10 for my ride.

For this mod, here is the option :-

1) Spray the stock to yr desired color

2) C/F sticker at sticker shop

3) Wrap real C/F

4) buy from ebay and keep yr stock

Any bru here wans to contribute or suggestion? Please add on............

Guest wira

blackmerc or unker??

hmm ...read you just collected your W204 and already planning to change grille too ?

Guest kepiting1sg

blackmerc or unker??

kekeke i m doing some research on this area too. Maybe no need to order from ebay, locally have it. Will confirm ya. Buay sia kan cheong Unker say one. From wat i know, there are two bolts on both side to dismantle the grill but i didnt explore it. I m not a handy man lah, usually will ask workshop to do the installation for me. I m so proud of myself when i manage to change the eyelid LED T10 for my ride.

For this mod, here is the option :-

1) Spray the stock to yr desired color

2) C/F sticker at sticker shop

3) Wrap real C/F

4) buy from ebay and keep yr stock

Any bru here wans to contribute or suggestion? Please add on............

Beside getting the color or CF, hope that the one on eBay will fit on your ride "perfectly"

Even Unker bought the German MH-Dezent grill from BL for my previous W203 - beside spray painting has

to move the location of 1 of the horn cos it interfer with the fitting of the grill.

So getting 1 on eBay is alright and hopefully no suprises!

Guest wira

hmm ..so there could be a risk that the grill bought from ebay may not fit 'perfectly' ?

Am actually thinking of getting this 3 FINs front grill for W203. Will it fit W203 C200 nicely ?

w203chgr3fin.jpg

Guest blackmercs

In my opinion, been looking thru so many patterns and design of the grille, i prefer the stock one, black with chrome fins.

:tazzie:

Guest kepiting1sg

hmm ..so there could be a risk that the grill bought from ebay may not fit 'perfectly' ?

Am actually thinking of getting this 3 FINs front grill for W203. Will it fit W203 C200 nicely ?

1. No one will know if it will fit nicely to your ride from this guy unless someone here has installed it before.

2. Has someone here order anything from this guy before i.e reliable seller? He will shipped upon payment?

3. If damaged during shipping, will he replaced 1 for U?

4. Any quality defects will he exchanged new 1 for you including shipping both ways?

These are some of the risks that U have to take when buying over eBay.

Another indication is to check his feedbacks - negative feedbacks, neutral feedbacks for what items he sold.

Another way is to check from those who has bought from him for the same item.

Here's an example.

I just bought a painted rear spoiler from a German seller.

We agreed off eBay price for Eur 120.00 nett or about S$240+ including shipping.

He shipped by UPS with tracking numbers.

Items arrived - will be delivered to my house by UPS 5.00 pm today

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110370829667

This Taiwanese guy selling the "same thing" for nett US$53.00 or S$80 or 1/3 of the German price.

Why I did not buy from the Taiwanese guy is

1. He dun has my color listed even though he might sprayed it hopefully with the correct color whereas the German guy specifically list my color as tanzanite blue metallic MB paint code 359

2. Taiwanese seller using the same pictures as the German seller i.e he stole the German seller pictures (after I did some investigations - the german use different pictures for different MB models and those he don't have he honestly state that the part look similar)

3. If he's selling so cheap, I dun expect him to send by express shipping and I have doubt about his quality.

4. The German seller speaks almost "perfect english" and his communication is good and appear to be very honest.

Intuition is sometime I depend on when buying from eBay seller (I bought & sell over eBay with 400+ sellers and a few buyers)

5. German guy more than >10,000 feedbacks and higher rating than the taiwanese seller with only 254 feedbacks.

6. German guy specifically mentioned that it will fit the FL W211

7. German guy being selling over eBay nearly 7 years, Taiwanese seller less than 1 year.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=110370829667

I am an "anniversary"/400day torsion clock collector and most of my hundred of purchases over eBay

are for clocks bought over eBay USA, eBay German, ebay UK, eBay Belgium, eBay France.

I've been with eBay since Nov 2000, bought most times but sold items a couple of times.

My Rp1 worth of opinion on buying over eBay.

If U feel uncomfortable buying over eBay, then it's best to purchase it locally and get it installed by the seller be it MBM, BL or others.

Guest blackmercs

wow unker, i didn't know you can talk serious... haha

anyway, i agree with unker.. see the feedback ratings etc etc to be very sure

Yalor so serious, in short, if u wanna BUY - TAKE RISK!!!, DONT BUY - NO RISK!!!. Unker tio bor??? Machiam like call chicken or buy 4D or TOTO.

CALL CHICKEN - U CALL - there chances u tio!!!

Buy 4D or TOTO - U BUY - there chances u tio too!!!! this one NewC180 will know how's the feeling.......... :unsure:

Life is so fair di. Unker hor.....................

Guest NewC180

Yalor so serious, in short, if u wanna BUY - TAKE RISK!!!, DONT BUY - NO RISK!!!. Unker tio bor??? Machiam like call chicken or buy 4D or TOTO.

Buy 4D or TOTO - U BUY - there chances u tio too!!!! this one NewC180 will know how's the feeling.......... :unsure:

ooi widow, don't rub salt la, already vely vely pain liao hor..... could have mod my car big time FOC ok....sigh....

Guest kepiting1sg

Seems like the latest 'fashion' is single fin, see these ebay items:

Ya, bought these off ebay..in black chrome...

Nice! Swee! Chio!

IMHO the 1 "fin" grill looks less "ordinary"

Congrats!!!!

Guest daywalker

Really nice?? Dunno leh...been getting negative comments about it from the US forummers so very disheartened :-[

even went to "de-chrome" the single fin with matt black vinyl next day....but still controversial.....so will be removing it soon.

Guest sy69u

Ya, bought these off ebay..in black chrome...

grill.jpg

grill2.jpg

wah, so swee..... hav never seen this before.. wonder if got for w211........... unker, can u check?

Guest kepiting1sg

SPCA Week - Be kind to animals like U....heheheheh!!!! ;D

Yes! eBay at times full of booby traps.

Good to explain more to potential new eBayers the risk they have to take when buying over @ eBay.

Then also the occasional fradulent emails supposely sent by eBay or PayPal that U have to watch out for.

Pete - please arrange with darren auto to fix my H.I.Ds this Sat morning can?

I should received the H.I.D fog lamps tomorrow and at the same time instal the rear spoiler for me.(just DS tape nia - Old Unker hands not steady like Parkinson disease)

Then I can buy U & Ah Heng early lunch and sit down and U point to me your fav. prc mei mei hor!

See whether can arrange other bros for mini west side GTG!

Guest NewC180

Really nice?? Dunno leh...been getting negative comments about it from the US forummers so very disheartened :-[

even went to "de-chrome" the single fin with matt black vinyl next day....but still controversial.....so will be removing it soon.

Never mind la, it's a very individual thing, as long as you like can already....

I saw another version on ebay, the other one has a hollow merc logo thingy. I think you can change the centre part if you want to...

Nevertheless, good mod!

Guest NewC180

SPCA Week - Be kind to animals like U....heheheheh!!!! ;D

Yes! eBay at times full of booby traps.

Good to explain more to potential new eBayers the risk they have to take when buying over @ eBay.

Then also the occasional fradulent emails supposely sent by eBay or PayPal that U have to watch out for.

Pete - please arrange with darren auto to fix my H.I.Ds this Sat morning can?

I should received the H.I.D fog lamps tomorrow and at the same time instal the rear spoiler for me.(just DS tape nia - Old Unker hands not steady like Parkinson disease)

Then I can buy U & Ah Heng early lunch and sit down and U point to me your fav. prc mei mei hor!

See whether can arrange other bros for mini west side GTG!

Which Peter which Pete????

Unker, I don't work on Sat leh... so won't be near Darren Auto la...

Guest daywalker

wah, so swee..... hav never seen this before.. wonder if got for w211........... unker, can u check?

Checked...does not appear to have...yet

Guest kepiting1sg

eh ciken pie, U wan meh?....muahahahah!!!! ;D

Guest blackmercs

ooi widow, don't rub salt la, already vely vely pain liao hor..... could have mod my car big time FOC ok....sigh....

kekeke tml we go ah kim for makan and i will ask the huge one to rub for u deep deep ok?

Unker tis Sat wat time u coming down. Darren no booking di, walk in system!!!

Guest NewC180

kekeke tml we go ah kim for makan and i will ask the huge one to rub for u deep deep ok?

ON you! you ask lor, I wait patiently......zzzzz

Guest kepiting1sg

What time do they open?

I will call U before Sat....dun wanna go OT :offtopic:

too bad ah heng cannot join us. :(

hp.gif wei!!!...calling east539...hallo....phone.gif Redfield!...wei...haloo!!

Wanna join us this cumming Sat @ West side?

Guest east539

:offtopic: haloo unker...confirm sat morning ah??? aga what time meet up?? might be able to make it. but think need to play tai ji in order push outstanding jobs to someone...muhahahahaha.........