• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Changing intake air filter

Babolat

Hi,

I was trying to replace my intake air filter for my W205.

After removing that 02 visible torx screws, its seems like I can only pry open the airbox a little, but still unable to open it fully to replace the air filter.

Is there any other screws or clips which I need to remove? Thanks....

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dagger said:

Loosening the clamp of the turbo inlet hose to the top cover may help a little.

But you won't be able to remove the top cover fully. Just pry it open enough to slide the filter in and out.

Thanks! I will try that. I didn't know the top cover cannot be open fully; still thought of vacuuming the box clean.

21 hours ago, Babolat said:

Thanks! I will try that. I didn't know the top cover cannot be open fully; still thought of vacuuming the box clean.

You can fully open, just need more prying. :)

on the right side of the intake box are 2 hinges, the top cover can be unlatched from there. (not needed for changing the filter, but if you want to vacuum the box this provides more clearance. 

2 hours ago, dagger said:

You can fully open, just need more prying. :)

on the right side of the intake box are 2 hinges, the top cover can be unlatched from there. (not needed for changing the filter, but if you want to vacuum the box this provides more clearance. 

Thanks dagger....i will attempt tonight.