• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C43 Rims on W205 and W205 Stability

dteng75

First of all, I apologize that I don't contribute much as I'm quite quiet in forum. Not used to comment as I'm quite noob and not very active online. I have some questions and hope to have some comments.

I'm bought a 2nd hand C200 W205 AMG styling. Wheel specs are Front : 7.5Jx18 ET44, Rear 8.5Jx18 ET49 staggered setup. One of the rim warp as previous owner didn't take care. I managed to find C43 AMG rim with this setup

Front Wheels: 7.5Jx18 ET33 
Rear Wheels: 8.5Jx18 ET49 (no change from current setup)

I have installed and it looks fine. Front was flush. Looks more sporty. I have look thru many web sites and recommendation was 245/40R18. Can I use 255/40R18 on the rear? I hope to make it more flush and improve stability or should I use Wheel Spacer? I can't seems to find any info on this but not sure if any bros can advise.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Using the 255/40 over the 245/40, you will get a pretty straight looking sidewall as opposed to a rounded one.

For wheel spacers, most will advise you not to use it as it may create issues like vibrations...

but if you intend to, look for hub-centric ones. the thinest hub centric spacer should be 12mm.

I would not advise doing both. using a 12mm spacer to protrude the wheel and using 255/40 which straightens the sidewall, you may encounter fender rubbing.

Hi dagger,

Thanks for your advise. Btw, what's the issue with Straight looking sidewall as opposed to rounded one?