• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

I was poisoned

Guest Cklasse

Guest Cklasse

Went to MBM yesterday and saw this K&N and Hurricane filter. Made a impulsive decision and succumbed to the poison. Went to MBM this morning and swapped my filter for a hurricane. :death:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kinky74

was thinking of the either 2 also ..... bro how much you paid bro? its just plug and play correct.....getting it soon not sure which is better but as since alot of people going for the hurrican due to no need to oil issue soooo let fly......

Guest Cklasse

was thinking of the either 2 also ..... bro how much you paid bro? its just plug and play correct.....getting it soon not sure which is better but as since alot of people going for the hurrican due to no need to oil issue soooo let fly......

About $160 w GST. Maybe it is new but definitely more free flow as I can see light through the steel mesh unlike paper filter. The car seems to rev more freely.

Guest ACSLK

Yes never ending..........from engine bay (power) slowly to the cosmetic department (bodykit) to the handling department (anti-roll bar, coilover & BBK)...

Happy modding bro.........

Cheers..... :clap:

Guest TuMMyBeaR

I went up the steep slope towards ECP Changi from Marina Mandarin and I can feel the car is more willing to chiong. The free flow filter certainly helps.

Wah! New poison again!!... :clap:

Bro, any changes to FC?

Guest paddy

I went up the steep slope towards ECP Changi from Marina Mandarin and I can feel the car is more willing to chiong. The free flow filter certainly helps.

free flow => more air => "bigger" holes in steel mesh => less dirt trapped => more dirt into engine => ????

Guest Cklasse

You are probably right. A steel mesh will not be as tight as a paper filter. I believe some fine dust will still get pass but this should not pose any problem. Will open the filter housing at a later time to see how dirty can the filter gets after some driving.

Guest xuexun

You are probably right. A steel mesh will not be as tight as a paper filter. I believe some fine dust will still get pass but this should not pose any problem. Will open the filter housing at a later time to see how dirty can the filter gets after some driving.

since it is just wire mash, can bigger particles like sand get into the engine?

If can then will be like sandpaper in the engine sanding the engine down...

Guest kepiting1sg

since it is just wire mash, can bigger particles like sand get into the engine?

If can then will be like sandpaper in the engine sanding the engine down...

I had the K & N on my W203 for > 5 years and the ride still going well with my younger brother.

The feel of the ride & engine response is no worse off from day 1...imho.....still an excellent car.

Guest CBlack

Went to MBM yesterday and saw this K&N and Hurricane filter. Made a impulsive decision and succumbed to the poison. Went to MBM this morning and swapped my filter for a hurricane. :death:

haha.... finally you did it :thumbsup: now try sprint booster :devil2:

Guest kepiting1sg

110991_2mg.jpg

Screw the air intake.. you need one of these heeheehee

That what I had on my previous 1972 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV with twin weber caburettors but with safe made wire mesh covering the air intakes.....brought back old memories - screw the air filters.....wahahahaha!!!!

That what I had on my previous 1972 Alfa Romeo 2000 GTV with twin weber caburettors but with safe made wire mesh covering the air intakes.....brought back old memories - screw the air filters.....wahahahaha!!!!

The roar is quite something eh.. :) 2000 GTV is a very nice classic shape.

gtv2000_street1.jpg

Cannot change car, so change filter.

I was poisoned too... Just made an impulse but right decision this morning. Changed K&N air filter and Brisk spark plug for my W203.

Totally enjoy the drive after that. No regret! Thanks to Gene for his poison... & of course with some advices from Jenvid & Sy69u. Thanks pals.

U r right... can't change car, then change some parts... haha... y I never join sgmerc earlier...? :punk1:

Cannot change car, so change filter.

I was poisoned too... Just made an impulse but right decision this morning. Changed K&N air filter and Brisk spark plug for my W203.

Totally enjoy the drive after that. No regret! Thanks to Gene for his poison... & of course with some advices from Jenvid & Sy69u. Thanks pals.

U r right... can't change car, then change some parts... haha... y I never join sgmerc earlier...? :punk1:

If you had joined us any earlier your W203 would probably be something else crazy quick so maybe it's a good thing in hindsight hehehe.

Guest kepiting1sg

The roar is quite something eh.. :) 2000 GTV is a very nice classic shape.

gtv2000_street1.jpg

Bro Leon,

Caburettors with such air-intakes are contagious!!!!

No exhaust notes can beat the roar of air gushing into the caburettors.

U will defintely luv revving the engine at traffic lights.

I had more than half the parts in the engine compartment chromed or highly polished.

Chromed parts include pulleys, brake master pump, radiator top, screws & nuts,

polished caburettors, cam covers, etc.,...wished I can see that car again if it's still around....sigh....

Guest scs88

bros

where is the recommended place for changing to K n N air filter for my w204?

wats the price? do i need to make appt or is it a 5 min walk in job?

tks for advice...