• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Too Low?

green_carnation

I dunno if it’s just me.. I’m still getting used to my 117 being a little lower than my previous ride.

Several times i reversed into wheel stopper and kerbs and got caught, slight stuck at the stopper. I inched forward.. grinded and scratched the lower part of the rear bumper (the parts on both sides at the rear wheel).

The only way is not to reverse too much with the front part slightly out of the parking lot. Anyone feeling the same ordeal I am feeling?

I feel pain to see those scratches and dent to the lower part of the bumper, but what kinda repair should I do? Even after repair it may end up being scratched again.

1 hour ago, Jasson said:

Same car same situation here... Btw I'm on 19" wheel... I did send my car for in for respray but within a week, i got it again.. so decide leave it since it is not so visible underneath.  

I think I have to just choose to leave it.. but need to check and confirm the damage done. It seems like the bumper part is 'disconnected' from the black plastic part. Will have to park inches out of the parking lot to avoid further damages.

22 hours ago, green_carnation said:

I dunno if it’s just me.. I’m still getting used to my 117 being a little lower than my previous ride.

Several times i reversed into wheel stopper and kerbs and got caught, slight stuck at the stopper. I inched forward.. grinded and scratched the lower part of the rear bumper (the parts on both sides at the rear wheel).

The only way is not to reverse too much with the front part slightly out of the parking lot. Anyone feeling the same ordeal I am feeling?

I feel pain to see those scratches and dent to the lower part of the bumper, but what kinda repair should I do? Even after repair it may end up being scratched again.

Same for my previous CLA ride. Was on 18 inch wheel. Try not to go all the way near the stones wheel stoppers 

1 hour ago, darksaint said:

Same for my previous CLA ride. Was on 18 inch wheel. Try not to go all the way near the stones wheel stoppers 

Yeah now I’m like paranoid. It’s become a routine that after parked got make sure not all the way.. then check the gap between stopper and bumper. Hope I’ll get used to this soon.

I broke the front portion of the black plastic holder that is securing the clips at the bottom of the bumper... use a black cable tie to secure it the clip the bumper back in place.... Some of the carpark stone wheel stoppers at HDB carparks are like for lorry usage...

1 hour ago, Jasson said:

I broke the front portion of the black plastic holder that is securing the clips at the bottom of the bumper... use a black cable tie to secure it the clip the bumper back in place.... Some of the carpark stone wheel stoppers at HDB carparks are like for lorry usage...

Ouch! I might have broken or damaged the part of the bumper edge that has the slot which holds the black part. I have not really examined cos was quite dim, and I just tried to push the two parts to connect back again, which I don't think it's 'connected' completely. I need to find a brighter area to examine.. probably later. Some stoppers really are too high.. i tot standard is like 15cm which dun even need so high.. One of those that caught me was obviously higher than 15cm. They think people are numb or what..