• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 servicing

Guest scs88

Guest nightfly

I just sent me car for the 10,000 Km Service A to C&C yesterday. It only took half a day, including a software update. Everything is done professionally :thumbsup:

However I am just shocked by my first service bill from C&C.

Service A labour $168 (PML charges $55 for BMW)

Oil Filter $50 ($15 for E60)

Helix Ultra $26/L (Similar to Mobil1)

I know MBM does not charge labour for first timer, and $30 subsequently. Do you think the charges are blatant in your opinion?

No tyre rotation?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nightfly

Wah!!

thats expensive!!

Im gg to get it soon!! :( :(

Hole in the pocket!!

i thought BMW would cost more for service and parts!!

Btw, is the 1st serving on the first 10,000 km?

Just to confirm!!

Cheers!

Yes - but my SE said can stretch till 12k which I did.

Guest bbwannabe

hai. don't remind me.

my 3rd hand w203 clocked 30k 2 weeks ago and i went in for servicing.

it is 2 year old so it still have a year of warranty left.

the bill turned out to be 800. i found out about the sum when i was handing over the vehicle to them. i wanted to maintain the warranty so i went ahead anyway.

looking back, what is the minimal servicing that needs to be done with them to keep the warranty sia? i asked the service rep and he told me everything. hahaha... btw, i asked for a copy of their 'menu' for servicing. i will scan a copy of it soon. just for laughs.

(then i saw his sum total, so much cheaper!)

Guest tategoi

The $168 does not include tyre rotation, just oil change plus regular check-up.

Our car computer says every 15,000 Km service interval, but C&C advised every 10,000 Km since in Singapore driving its mostly short distance and many start-stops. I guess C&C cannot fault you if you send your car in every 15,000 Km, that is car manufacturer's recommendation wor. I might do just that in the future given the exorbitant labour charges.

By servicing every 10,000 Km is beneficial for C&C IMHO. First, it get more business. Second, engines are in better health with more regular service intervals, thus lower warranty claims. But they are at the expense of owners' pockets.

Guest kopimonster

Actually, my 10k is also coming up soon.

So key thing is if servicing outside of C&C is cheaper, will it affect the vehicle warranty?

haha, i was also thinking about this question while reading this thread and i am also very keen to know whats C&C policy on this. but for audis from PA, warranty will definitly void if you dont sent in for regular servicing, it happened to my previous ride and i was shocked when they inform me about this. i think i just skip one or 2 servicing from PA and went to external workshop and thats it!

Guest kopimonster

LOL, curiosity got the better of me, called and checked, apparantly, policy same, skip a regular servicing and the warranty is void. but anyway, it sounds fair to me, we cannot just send our cars to just about any workshops, mess it up and CNC is held responsible.

Guest heavenknows

Yeah! Seems logical lah. Just think about it. We buy electronic devices like hi-fi or handphones also the same. they have a seal that's says if it has been tampered with the warranty will be void. what more with a car that costs 100k's!!

Guest Cklasse

Let's put it this way, if you have an engine problem after serviced by outside workshop, you go back to that workshop, not C&C. Warranty covers a wide range, so you can still claim warranty for some other parts other than engine if you service outside.

My W203 has clocked 150 000 km and has been serviced by C&C (but the major ones outside C&C) and MBM and this M271 engine is reliable and problem free. So it is pretty safe to service outside.

I still claim warranty for other parts when it broke such as the breakdown triangle. I will go to outside workshop for major and most servicing because the price to pay C&C is too high. My 70000km service was quoted about $1400+ but it was done outside for $500; 3 days vs 1 day. The balance was used to pay for my Australia holiday.

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Can we use the service credit to buy stuffs from C&C rather than servicing the car only?? maybe buy some cool car accessories?? or change rims.

Yes you can bro. The service credits can be used to buy items from the MB boutique as well as for parts & accessories.

By the way, congrates on your new ride.... :clap: