• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

C180 servicing

Guest scs88

Guest scs88

hi guys

will be getting my ride soon from c &C

just wondering if the servicing can be done at MBM?

or must all be done at C & c if not warranty will be void?

understand that the 10k, 20k etc servicing is 100% more at C&c compared to MBM..

also the basic 10k, 20k servicing only involves basic oil change etc? which MBM can handle?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

When my W203 was within warranty period, I only do the basic servicing (change oil) in C&C and did the major ones in MBM.

No warranty issue, maybe because the engine ran smoothly without hiccup and still going strong now at 147000km.

Guest nightfly

My ride is in for 1st service at CNC today. Other than the scheduled items I asked them to oil the squeaky wing mirrors and correct my car veering left. The SA told me that the veering correction will require the car to be left overnight! I have decided to go ahead and let them keep the car - rather have the problem resolved than be driving around with it for the next 6 mmonths.

The SA also said charges for the service and for tire rotation are estimated to be 400+.

Guest mbc230avg

Just had my C230 1st servicing at about 1+k at MBM. Basically, oil change (Mobil 1, semi-syn, 10/40 as the next servicing will be 5k from now) and oil filter - all for $120. This included a car wash, wiper wash top-up, and a couple of other checks.

Additional things that I mentioned were also put right e.g. paint peeling from the MB bonnet logo & Avangard side logos - changed without charged. A spot of paint bubbling under the bonnet hood - touched up and polished - good job. Checked knocking sound from steering column - so far so good. Changed the low beam to brighter bulbs and adjusted the low beam slightly. The mechanism of the wing mirror was also oiled. All as part of warranty/goodwill/foc.

All took about 3.5 hrs. Guess the 2nd servicing will be more as it will be using fully synthetic oil.

Being the 1st time, the conclusion is that MBM provides quality and professional service at a very reasonable price. :)

Just curious, how come PI cars required 1K servicing and C&C is 15K minimum for the first servicing? Whats the diff, apart from PI and C&C!!!!

I think C&C puts in synthetic oil from the start, whereas PI like the jap cars, put in cheap mineral oil first for the runnning in. Sort of Mercs confidence that their engines are clean and well-flushed the first day you receive them.

Guest blackmercs

Just curious, how come PI cars required 1K servicing and C&C is 15K minimum for the first servicing? Whats the diff, apart from PI and C&C!!!!

I think C&C puts in synthetic oil from the start, whereas PI like the jap cars, put in cheap mineral oil first for the runnning in. Sort of Mercs confidence that their engines are clean and well-flushed the first day you receive them.

Oh thanks for the infro, in that case for PI car shld have flush out the cheapo oil and top up the full syntheic that will save me alot of money on servicing rite? Is this how its works?

Guest nightfly

My SA just rang me. Servicing is completed and they are washing the car now. They have done alignment to correct the veering. Both wing mirrors have been lubricated cos I complained they were squeaky. However they changed the driver's side mirror cos it was still squeaky after lubrication. Tires were rotated. Total cost $411.

Guest NewC180

Doesn't seems logical to me. All mercs come from merc factories, be it PI or C&C. So merc factories should put in the same oil in all the cars! And I don't think C&C so free go and change oil for every car before delivery right???

Doesn't seems logical to me. All mercs come from merc factories, be it PI or C&C. So merc factories should put in the same oil in all the cars! And I don't think C&C so free go and change oil for every car before delivery right???

Damn right you are. C&C or not, all originate from the various plants in Germany.

Don't know the logic.. just regurgitated from SE's mouth :P Why then PIs don't follow suit? I have same car in Indo. It's the same thing. 10,000km for 1st servicing.

Guest mbc230avg

I have been seeking an answer to this difference in servicing schedule. Seems like there are about 4 versions of the servicing schedule:

C&Cs, PI, car manual and the service reminder of the car. Each has their own rationale. Just hope there's an answer to this quandry.

Guest NewC180

I have been seeking an answer to this difference in servicing schedule. Seems like there are about 4 versions of the servicing schedule:

C&Cs, PI, car manual and the service reminder of the car. Each has their own rationale. Just hope there's an answer to this quandry.

I think it is definitely not necessary to service at 1000km (I stand corrected though). The same goes bmw, 1st servicing only required after dunno 10,000km or 15,000km. I think just follow the car service reminder is very safe.

On the other hand, since you've paid so much for your car, there is no harm to do a first servicing say after the 1st 5000km, just sayang the car like gf like one of our brothers here! Ha ha! No offence! A simple engine oil change won't cost a lot and will make you feel good!

$0.02

Guest tategoi

Many PIs offering first 3 servicing free, I suspect 1k and 5k servicing are only for visual inspection and no oil change, the real servicing is at the 3rd, but I stand corrected.

Guest hwong

Go for guaranteed maintenance and warranty contract for peace of mind.

PI or C&C, whoever delivers what you want, wins.

It's your pick so confirm the maintenance and warranty contracts.

The W204 is a neat car, and I loved the way they market the car through the advertorials of their development and engineering efforts.

I love the drive... although comfort and sound insulation is no where near the E-Class and above.

For me, I enjoyed my W204 C180 and has subjected it to the extreme drive at its limit.

I say, those who love extreme drives will find higher capacity NA W204 models satisfying their needs.

It is definitely agile, not to mentione that the current E-Class is also one neat performer too after the recent driving experience!

I loved the fact that my current W204 C180 is one tame driving machine and on its 9th month,

the ESP/Run Flat Indicator/Cruise Control has combined sequential fault failures, and engine became noisy.

Requested repair and sent in to Alexandra MBC.

Repair was free, and car was returned to me good with no alarms by me on the car handling.

In addition to the above, I experienced squeaky noises coming from somewhere behind the steering column.

Remembered that the IU failed and after the replacement at Sin Ming Vicom then squeaks started.

Looked at the side cover where the tech removed, cover is right side of the steering wheel, triangular in shape evident by the shape also on the door.

Alittle warped due to removal of the panel could have resulted in vibrational friction causing the squeaks.

I pressed the plastic cover in and so far so good.

Wish all getting the W204, enjoy the ride and have its 'care' covered.

Happy and enjoyable W204 ownership! :rockon:

Guest kepiting1sg

Damn right you are. C&C or not, all originate from the various plants in Germany.

You are damn rite - some cars come from Benz South Africa.

I know that C&C previous W203 come from Benz South Africa plant.

Dunno about the current W204s!

Guest TuMMyBeaR

Just for everyone's information,

Mercedes-Benz has many production plants all over the world. Of course there are those in Germany, also in the UK, USA, South Africa & Brazil. These

plants supplies cars to all over the world. There are also assembly plants in Msia, Thailand, & China. These plants are mainly for local usage and are non-export.

As for C&C in Singapore, most of our cars are from Germany including the current W204. C&C only gets cars from 3 locations currently.

Tuscaloosa USA: M-Class, R-Class, and GL-Class.

Brazil: CLC180

Germany: The rest of the models.

Whether or not, there may be changes next time we will not know. But as of now, this is the status quo.

Cheers!

TuMMyBeaR.

Guest blackmercs

TuMMyBeaR ]

Just for everyone' wrote:

currently[/b].

Whether or not, there may be changes next time we will not know. But as of now, this is the status quo.

Cheers!

TuMMyBeaR.

Cool mine is from Brazil hurhurhur can samba all the way!!! Anyway, in my opinion its doesnt matter where is the product production from, is the quality control of the product is most important. Few years ago, i brought a jacket for couple of hundreds, i thought made in Germany, till i saw the tag Made in PRC. I almost fainted!!! But guess what, the quality is superb!!! Oh ya, I LOVE PRC, especially those wearing high heels, UNKER say one!!!

Guest NewC180

blackmercs ]

currently[/b].

Cheers!

TuMMyBeaR.

Cool mine is from Brazil hurhurhur can samba all the way!!! Anyway, in my opinion its doesnt matter where is the product production from, is the quality control of the product is most important. Few years ago, i brought a jacket for couple of hundreds, i thought made in Germany, till i saw the tag Made in PRC. I almost fainted!!! But guess what, the quality is superb!!! Oh ya, I LOVE PRC, especially those wearing high heels, UNKER say one!!!

Blackmercs, your car BRAZILIAN har? No wonder you like to WAX it!!! Later blackmercs become white tiger! Ha ha ha!

End OT.

Guest blackmercs

NewC180 ]

currently[/b].

Cheers!

TuMMyBeaR.

Blackmercs, your car BRAZILIAN har? No wonder you like to WAX it!!! Later blackmercs become white tiger! Ha ha ha!

End OT.

Hey, I LOVE white tigress and no armpit hair too, is going to extinct u know, is priceless end of OT!!!

Guest kepiting1sg

Cool mine is from Brazil hurhurhur can samba all the way!!! Anyway, in my opinion its doesnt matter where is the product production from, is the quality control of the product is most important.

True! True! Quality control of the product is most important!!!

That was why I went ahead to buy my previous W203 even though the SE told me it was assembled from S Africa.

KNN!...Sambal Belacan!...Unker say 1...White T with a few hairs how????....That was the answer I got when I asked 1 previously. I asked her "Have U fertilized your patch?" and she smiled and replied "a few strands of grass have started to grow"......wakakakaka!!!! :offtopic:

U frenly neighborhood lau hamsup Unker!!!

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1009;type=avatar

(how U like my new avatar....heheheheh!)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tategoi

I just sent me car for the 10,000 Km Service A to C&C yesterday. It only took half a day, including a software update. Everything is done professionally :thumbsup:

However I am just shocked by my first service bill from C&C.

Service A labour $168 (PML charges $55 for BMW)

Oil Filter $50 ($15 for E60)

Helix Ultra $26/L (Similar to Mobil1)

I know MBM does not charge labour for first timer, and $30 subsequently. Do you think the charges are blatant in your opinion?

Guest kennethloh82

Wah!!

thats expensive!!

Im gg to get it soon!! :( :(

Hole in the pocket!!

i thought BMW would cost more for service and parts!!

Btw, is the 1st serving on the first 10,000 km?

Just to confirm!!

Cheers!