• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

is W124 running too rich ?

Guest eokh

what Mike said is true!!

MBfalls-- we seriously can't really follow what the manual states la, can only use as a guide, they are based on their region, your FC is Good :thumbsup:, 600Km on full tank is possible, my prev W123 8V carb, i got 500Km full tank!, so for a W124 8V FE, by right 600Km is achievable. it really depends on driving conditions, skills and car..

i also had achieved 600km before, when driving 50% expressway 50% city, nowsdays, 75% expressway 25% city max 550km, time to burn carbon liao, think some carbon is stuck in my Fuel distributor liao!!

oh yah, i ever did a test up north, wacked 110km/h strictly controlled from JB to KL, of cos with 1 stop at pargoh. from full tank(real full), with 4 ppl(huge size) in car and boot space full, I used only less than 1/4 tank petrol.. its damn good FC lor.. :tazzie: :tazzie:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mr w124

Ya mike. prob is i cant remember where the workshop u brought me to e last time is. Perhaps when you're going in one day i can follow you.

600 per full tank is my dream. 550 i also happy. topped up yesterday at 418km when the light came on. hopefully it will be solved after doing a top overhaul. Went up to malacca last dec n went abt 130 - 150kmh all the way. so i guess i should have burnt off all the carbon. but the fc is still bad.

Guest MBfallshirmjager

I too hope to achieve 600km on a full tank. Now based on my current driving pattern, my w124 managed to clock 167km when it hit 1/4 tank. I'll be monitoring the mileage and fuel guage very closely now. However, one thing's for sure. My w124's FC with Shell 98 is horrendous! It hit 464km below the last 1/4 indicator marker on the fuel gauge. The difference between Shell 98 & Caltec 98 is a vastly close to 100km. Really bad and not FE at all. This is not the first time I have driven with Shell 98. On the other hand, I haven't tried EssoMobil 98 & SPC yet. Anyone here can share their inputs on the FC of these two petrol companies? OK, enough's said about petrol. I certainly hope to clock 600km on a full tank too one day. Will see if I can push my MB to reach 9.8-10km/L. I suppose Mike has a point too. There are several facotors that can contribute to the FE performance of our w124 like tyre size, tyre quality, tyre pressure, our drivng pattern, the way we brake, the condition of our piston rings, valve seals and compression,etc,etc.

Btw, I am looking to change my w124's steering wheel. My original one at the top 12 o'clock circumference is feeling porous now. Must be the wear&tear since day one. I am thinking since I am keeping the classic for another 10yrs, why not equip it with a new steering wheel with a refurbished look and feel? Can anyone recommend me a supplier where I can buy a brand new one. A MB original w124 all leather black steering wheel will do for me.

Cheerios!