• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

mods mods and more mods

Guest ladyseals80

Guest SgLaKsa

idea!!! i dun mind swopping too!

haha.... if swopping comes wif a chio, sweet young driver, am sure my fren will JUMP into your car immediately!!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:

aiya... there goes my wish of swopping liao... must still find such driver... :yawn:

You are the sweet young thing lorr.... mai-kay-kay.....

i know u wanna earn karma points lah... but is not helping... try hard ya... :D

ahahaha... Gene wanna earn Karma points to exchange for discount vouchers ah :laugh: Talking about that, i noticed some kind soul Up Karma for that poor guy with -1 ah? Who is that kind soul huh? Reply here leh :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ACSLK

Hi Paddy,

Fitting a set of KLEEMANN high flow exhaust headers pricing should be S$4 to 5k cause SLK200 Kleemann headers and down-pipe is around S$4k......i think is better to call MBM to check the rate as mine is only a guide............. :rockon:

mods................ :clap:

cheers......................

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest klebisking

hi sorry if this question sounds newbie haha. i have a FL slk200. wondering what would be a better first mod. change to 230 SC or kleeman headers?

Guest ladyseals80

hi sorry if this question sounds newbie haha. i have a FL slk200. wondering what would be a better first mod. change to 230 SC or kleeman headers?

come this sun meetup then u see which one better hehe...

ACSLK! ur job to poison him quick! :devil2:

Guest ACSLK

Hi klebisking,

congras on your new ride (184hp and 250nm / very fast already)............i think do a transplant..........(best).........

Maybe take out your spare tyre (save abit of weight)......

join us at West Coast Mac on this Sunday 1501hrs.......? then maybe can share more stuff with you........

Modding depending on budget........................(If not limit: Best)

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ACSLK

Hi klebisking,

not much:

Full AMG Kit

19ins rims

Kleemann Boost kit (consist of a bigger light-weight pulley, K&N air-filter, a 5 bar fuel regulator and K-Box piggy bag system)

Kleemann Headers and Down-pipe

C230 Supercharger

AMG Quad Exhaust

Sprint Booster

Volker Spec II Plugs

Plugs Booster

Eibach Lowering Sports Spring

8K Xenon Light

that's all so far.

cheers

Guest stealth123

Hi klebisking,

not much:

Full AMG Kit

19ins rims

Kleemann Boost kit (consist of a bigger light-weight pulley, K&N air-filter, a 5 bar fuel regulator and K-Box piggy bag system)

C230 Supercharger

AMG Quad Exhaust

Sprint Booster

Volker Spec II Plugs

Plugs Booster

8K Xenon Light

that's all so far.

cheers

ACSLK - can ask you a few noob question?

once you change your rims to be larger from the stock RIMs, i understand that your speedometer will always underestimate your speed rite? So how do you tell how fast you are going? ... tot that info would be important to know especially in certain camera infested areas?

also - with the AMG quad pipes... does the sound of the exhaust change to be deeper?

Guest ACSLK

Hi stealth123,

i don't think i will will cause the underestimation part.......speed wise still the same....no changes except pick-up will be slower that's why need to mod..........

AMG exhaust not as deep as Brabus.........and also not very loud like WRX or Evo......(probably you wanna to a de-cat then maybe it will be abit loud)

happy moddijg (if you are going to)

cheers.......!!!

Guest ACSLK

Hi stealth123,

i don't think it will cause the underestimation part.......speed wise still the same....no changes except pick-up will be slower that's why need to mod..........

Guest NewC180

Hi klebisking,

not much:

Full AMG Kit

19ins rims

C230 Supercharger

AMG Quad Exhaust

Sprint Booster

Volker Spec II Plugs

Plugs Booster

8K Xenon Light

that's all so far.

cheers

ACSLK - can ask you a few noob question?

once you change your rims to be larger from the stock RIMs, i understand that your speedometer will always underestimate your speed rite? So how do you tell how fast you are going? ... tot that info would be important to know especially in certain camera infested areas?

also - with the AMG quad pipes... does the sound of the exhaust change to be deeper?

When you change you rim size, the overall diameter of your wheel is the same. Reason is that there will be more metal and less rubber. So the bigger rims you change to, the lesser rubber there will be, and hence a harsher ride. This is provided you get the correct tyre size for your upsized rims though. Sometimes there will be a slight difference of not more than 1-2%, which is ok. This is a good tool to check:

http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp

Happy modding!

Guest stealth123

:) ah... ok. thank you all for the tip.

hard to understand what does a "harsher" ride mean...

must find some way to try first... cause last time when i went to test drive the Z4... i didnt quite like it cause I could "feel the road" too much....

ha... then again, I haven't even gotten my car yet... Will get the car first, drive drive a bit.. then consider the little tweaks...

Guest stealth123

Hi stealth123,

which Z4 you tested? SDrive23i or SDrive 35i?

cheers

hey acslk - i tried both. hmm.. the 3.5 one was a semi manual version with the pedal shifts. That one can feel the gear shifts, where the car revs down and picks up again.

why? u interested in getting the z4?

Guest ACSLK

Hi stealth123,

i test drive the SDrive 35i but didn't try the SDrive 23i........thinking to change only........still toying around............if not just drive my SLK for awhile more..............

when you collecting your SLK?

cheers.....

Guest stealth123

hey acslk,

when am i collecting my slk huh.... MONDAY...... (which is taking forever to come.....)

The SLK will be my second car... my first one lasted me a good 6 years.. which I would trade in then for the SLK.

Sigh - on one hand will be glad to get the SLK,... on the other hand, parting with my current ride after so long... can be rather difficult...

Guest ACSLK

Hi stealth123,

what's your current ride?

i can understand that feeling from my own past experience......but all good things must come to an end....got to move on man...................

you bought from C&C? SLK350?

cheers