• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

mods mods and more mods

Guest ladyseals80

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ACSLK

True man.....for your ride looks like nothing much to mod on the engine bay already..........except transplant.......

Soon you'll be name Mod Guru.............

Cheers.........

Guest SgLaKsa

Haha, who say no more mod for our 1.8L engine, check this out;

MKB performance mods package for SLK200 R171.

Increase in performance to 184 kW (250 HP) at 6200 rpm, 300 Nm at 2800-5100 rpm

modification:

Engine conversion with Special Pistons, Bigger and more effective Supercharger,

Manifold s/s, Metal catalytic converters and complete Exhaust System s/s,

adaptation of ECU, Thermostat and Sport air filter.

Price? $24500 :tongue1:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ACSLK

Hi Guys,

Latest mod for my ride yesterday at MBM: Kleemann headers plus C230 SC.........the car feel more alive after that.......... :rockon:

Cheers............. :clap:

Great!!!! ACSLK.... you will have very good low end power... but when it comes to high speed... you will find it a little restrictive..... have you upgrade your brakes????.... Dont you feel it takes a little looonnnger to stop???..... Please install that man... your life is more precious than that 7K+++

You got kleemenn kbox??

Rose I will let you try my little car... when my 'fine-tunning' is done. You too ACSLK... a! how come today you never turn up????

Guest ladyseals80

Great!!!! ACSLK.... you will have very good low end power... but when it comes to high speed... you will find it a little restrictive..... have you upgrade your brakes????.... Dont you feel it takes a little looonnnger to stop???..... Please install that man... your life is more precious than that 7K+++

You got kleemenn kbox??

Rose I will let you try my little car... when my 'fine-tunning' is done. You too ACSLK... a! how come today you never turn up????

swee!

Guest ACSLK

Hi Gene,

Braking so far so good.....but i will upgrade soon.......I'm not using Kleemann K-Box.....mine is MKB Pulley but has yet to do MKB tuning yet......(either tuner not free or i am not free so still trying to arrange to tune it)..........

Yesterday I took a nap after lunch then woke up 5pm plus plus already that's why didnt turn up....then went for a run instead...need to keep fit to keep up with my ride....... :clap: will definitely try to meet up with you guys and also test drive your souped-up SLK.........

Cheers..........................

Guest Andlee

ladyseals80 ]

You got kleemenn kbox??

Rose I will let you try my little car... when my ' wrote:

swee!

Hi Gene,

Can I take queue number 2? I also wana try.... :)

Dear ACS....

Removing 2nd cat = high end power very good(95km/hr onwards.... to go from this speed to 140km/hr is within secs) &&&&& you will have a much louder 'throbbing/deep throat' exhaust note..... but if you retain your stock exhaust you will still maintain your low end power..... its not good to totally eliminate all back pressure... you need to 'keep some' to boast low end torque

Anybody agrees with me? ....... this is what I and the old SLK group's past experiments

So if you haven't change your exhaust... stick with it first..... but maybe during high speed you cannot keep up with me... ha ha ha :yumyum: :evlaugh:

Guest ACSLK

Hi Andlee,

Oh yes light weight pulley definitely helps as the stock pulley is really heavy man as compared to this light weight pulley....you may wanna take-out your spare tyre to reduce some weight?

So far have you done any mod on your SLK 280 yet? SLK 280 is V6 right? should be fast man :clap:...i think don't need to mod right? unlike our 4pot engine....

Cheers

Hi Gene,

I have a question here. Do you know if lightweight pulley has any benefits? If so, how does it help to improve performance? Thanks for your help..

Dear Andlee...

Yes, light weight pulley has significant effect on the performance..... any load craving parts will rob your engine power.We all know that air-con draw a LOT of power so racer always turn off/remove their aircon during race....

Lightweight pulley gives you the feelng of easy acceleration up slope/down slope anything across the entire RPM.

Its like Torque = force x distance..... how much force require to make the wheels turn(layman terms) If you have a lighter wheel, you dont need much force to turn right? .... if you have heavier wheel, needless to say right?

However, we think (disclamier: this opinion has nothing to do with any modification fabricator or related companies... its solely me and my few old friends' tot).... WE think that it might shorten the lifespan of air-con ....... but who care, ours is a convertible... off the aircon and race... you get the thrill and preserve your aircon............ Also bear in mind that there are ppl's air-con spoiled even they didn't do any modification... right?

Once again boys and girls... racing is illegal in Singapore.... love thy neighbour/driver :pray:

Guest Sareve

This whole aircon thing is really a common misconception. I don't think you're going to save any more than 1 second off your lap times even if you turn the aircon off. Obviously this will add up to a hell of a lot of time in a real race, but most of us aren't even at amateur racing level so this hardly matters. I've never bothered to turn my aircon off while tracking, I'd rather not sweat to death and it's only going to matter when I'm able to drive the car to it's maximum potential.

Don't bother turning off the aircon unless you're driving without the roof, SG is too damn hot.

Guest jo5hy

This whole aircon thing is really a common misconception. I don't think you're going to save any more than 1 second off your lap times even if you turn the aircon off. Obviously this will add up to a hell of a lot of time in a real race, but most of us aren't even at amateur racing level so this hardly matters. I've never bothered to turn my aircon off while tracking, I'd rather not sweat to death and it's only going to matter when I'm able to drive the car to it's maximum potential.

Don't bother turning off the aircon unless you're driving without the roof, SG is too damn hot.

Dan i fully agree with you. SG is so effing hot that, we need the a/c man!

Guest Andlee

Hi Andlee,

Oh yes light weight pulley definitely helps as the stock pulley is really heavy man as compared to this light weight pulley....you may wanna take-out your spare tyre to reduce some weight?

So far have you done any mod on your SLK 280 yet? SLK 280 is V6 right? should be fast man :clap:...i think don't need to mod right? unlike our 4pot engine....

Cheers

Hi ACSLK,

Ya, I had the chance to carry the stock and the lightweight pulley. Quite a lot of difference in weight. Might consider installing one of these..

So far, I only had the AMG exhaust and the Sprint booster..ya, its a V6...Power is enough to move around in Singapore road la... :)

Guest Andlee

Gene ]

Hi Gene,

I have a question here. Do you know if lightweight pulley has any benefits? If so, how does it help to improve performance? Thanks for your help..

Dear Andlee...

Yes, light weight pulley has significant effect on the performance..... any load craving parts will rob your engine power.We all know that air-con draw a LOT of power so racer always turn off/remove their aircon during race....

Lightweight pulley gives you the feelng of easy acceleration up slope/down slope anything across the entire RPM.

Its like Torque = force x distance..... how much force require to make the wheels turn(layman terms) If you have a lighter wheel, you dont need much force to turn right? .... if you have heavier wheel, needless to say right?

However, we think (disclamier: this opinion has nothing to do with any modification fabricator or related companies... its solely me and my few old friends' wrote:

.... WE think that it might shorten the lifespan of air-con ....... but who care, ours is a convertible... off the aircon and race... you get the thrill and preserve your aircon............ Also bear in mind that there are ppl's air-con spoiled even they didn't do any modification... right?

Once again boys and girls... racing is illegal in Singapore.... love thy neighbour/driver :pray:

Hi Gene,

Thanks for the detail explanation. You are indeed the mod guru here... :)Did you have any pulley in your ride? Not cheap ya...

Simi race...you are right Gene...we all treasure our lives and licence too much to race on the road.... :)