• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

White & Black Part 2

JIN

Hi, here's the progress thus far.

Original Thread Found Here :

I got rid of my mirroring and added CarPlay as I wanted the resolution to be consistent.

IMG_2551

IMG_9404

IMG_9405

I also decided to change location of my dash cam so that it doesn't block me.

Original Position

IMG_2552

New Position - Not visible from Driver's view.

IMG_2553

IMG_2554

I also added a black strip to where the mounting point was. This is so that it looks almost stock from the front, and doesn't expose the double sided tape.

IMG_2564

Bought these rear license plate bulbs to have the same consistency in 'whiteness' since all my other bulbs have been changed to white leds.

IMG_2560

And decided to get another front emblem to try the all blacked out look.

IMG_2550

My only cosmetic upgrade that I really yearn for were the LED lamps, and I finally took the plunge.

IMG_2557

15036429_1528935180454954_6675051203937413576_n

IMG_2559

16174466_1619593668055771_1020811921606887445_n

IMG_2558

These are not plug and play. They need coding. As I was one of the first guy here to get them retrofitted, the shop took more than a day to get the codes right.

I prefer the rear lights as they now look more symmetrical. It has a slightly sleeker / modern look ( though I missed the butterfly look ).

The fronts are amazing. Its now whiter, including front white led high beams.

The other issue I had were of the dynamica from the steering wheel. Despite me almost never touching those two areas for the entire year, it still started to fade out.

IMG_2547

Also the OCD part of me couldn't stand that the red stitching were not ... perfect.

IMG_2549

11 hours ago, petetherock said:

Did you have to remove the steering wheel to do the stitching bro?

I had to remove the steering wheel as they had to replace the alcantara / plastic portions with carbon.

However they gave me a replacement steering wheel while they were working, takes them 1 - 2 weeks.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/21/2017 at 6:21 PM, JIN said:

Got these from the local Autobacs.

IMG_2540

IMG_2546

hi... sorry to revisit this old thread. but what does this do? I just got myself a preowned X253 and noticed some wind noise at 100km/h on expressway. i was thinking if this could solve it.

On 6/21/2017 at 6:22 PM, JIN said:

And these from aliexpress :

IMG_2405

Honestly, the fitment was perfect. I should have done this way earlier.

IMG_2538

and what does this do? thank you