• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

CLA Car Battery

sagy021

17 minutes ago, zed said:

Just claimed a new battery from C&C on Monday. They towed my car back to workshop to check and told be battery problem n replaced. But... my car only 9 months old.

You mean the car just died on the road? Wow.. 9 months..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zed said:

Just claimed a new battery from C&C on Monday. They towed my car back to workshop to check and told be battery problem n replaced. But... my car only 9 months old.

Any in car cam?

If dun have. These batch of car battery really cannot make it. Haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2017 at 9:22 AM, darksaint said:

Any in car cam?

If dun have. These batch of car battery really cannot make it. Haha. 

Tow truck came to tow from my place in the morning. Im using the ones that came with the car

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/6/2017 at 11:18 AM, Speedracer said:

Wah! Yours lasted 3 yrs! Is it your drives are always long distances?

Mostly...West to East...30 KM each way (5 days); city - 1-2 days

On 5/6/2017 at 11:26 AM, darksaint said:

Wats ur car mileage?

I get an average of 15+ KM/L on SPC 95

• 1 month later...
On 27/05/2017 at 1:15 PM, zed said:

Tow truck came to tow from my place in the morning. Im using the ones that came with the car

Mine just died last Sunday too...after I heard an auntie bitching to the Technicians during the "CLA night" at the end of last month.

my ride is also 10 months old with c&c installed car cam...

sent back for servicing and the SA told me they need 1.5 days to check..WTF.

not happy lah u know...

56 minutes ago, Buckrogers said:

Mine just died last Sunday too...after I heard an auntie bitching to the Technicians during the "CLA night" at the end of last month.

sent back for servicing and the SA told me they need 1.5 days to check..WTF.

not happy lah u know...

The battery warranty check and replace of 1.5 days really too much... 

Haha.. Guys, that's why the rule of thumb when going back Agent is only for Warranty Claim and Free stuffs.  Other than that, all must do outside.  The price quoted is beyond words...

I found this Group Buy for Varta AGM battery!

VARTA AGM Battery:

- Group Buy Price with 2 years warranty* + Freebies 

Best Deal ever for Mercedes Cars with battery in their boot. They are running a National Day Group Buy for

70Ah, 80Ah, 95Ah and 105Ah.

Hope this helps many bros here save money on their car battery replacement.

To my knowledge, CLA uses 70Ah AGM battery and the battery is in the engine bay. 

On 19/07/2017 at 4:18 AM, pmet said:

Must be the car cam. Any idea if it's turned on or off after the ignition is turned off (after you parked your car)?

If is connected to the circuit board to let it run 24/7, it should still be recording even though the engine is off.  There should be a button somewhere to switch it off if needed.

• 2 weeks later...

CLA C&C Agent unit original is 70Ah AGM Varta battery.  

Dont go back agent to change! The rule of thumb is to go back to them only to claim free warranty or use credits.  Other than that, do outside will be 50% the price they charge.

Those still looking to replace their battery this year, can join this on-going  National Day Group Buy for AGM Varta battery.  The Group Buy price is easily 50% of Agent price of the same spec. 

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Mine ride Oct 2016 just changed too ...send in last Wed 16 Aug for noise check when turning, Start / stop rarely comes in nowadays, IU drop off and tranny s/w update (sudden speed up), after I heard various fellow drivers feedback to the Technicians on noise, sudden speed up, battery during the "CLA night" at the end of last month.

sent back for above mentioned inspection, servicing and troubleshooting:

1) the SA told me replace main battery due to low charge and new battery warranty still not extended remain Oct 2018.

2) noise from LH front when turning right eliminated by lube and recalibrated suspension settings

3) tranny s/w updates

4) renew IU double sided tape

5) Sudden brake is normal due to adaptive brake assist activated when near front vehicle during accelerating at traffic light

My mileage is low 11660km. Mostly...South to West...9 KM each way (5 days); city - 1-2 days

Averaging 8.3 l/100km

Collected this evening after test drive around Queenstown / Alexandra

Hope issues resolved, shall monitor closely

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dave sinson said:

5) Sudden brake is normal due to adaptive brake assist activated when near front vehicle during accelerating at traffic light

This feature is called Collision Prevention Assist-Plus.  

• 1 month later...
On 8/23/2017 at 8:10 AM, jtang said:

This feature is called Collision Prevention Assist-Plus.  

Can I verify if this is correct with CLA180 owners?

I only see the "Collision Prevention Assist" option on my dashboard which is enabled by default, not the plus version. I read some where that auto braking is only enabled on the plus version and the standard requires the driver to initiate braking?

3 hours ago, pmet said:

Can I verify if this is correct with CLA180 owners?

I only see the "Collision Prevention Assist" option on my dashboard which is enabled by default, not the plus version. I read some where that auto braking is only enabled on the plus version and the standard requires the driver to initiate braking?

Yes...you are right. For CPA alone, there's only a loud irritating alarm to alert u to step on brakes. 

In all honesty, this is better than CPA-Plus for spirited driving.  Many people disable this feature permanemty for track use. Can u imagine the car decides to stop by itself when u come close the front car for slip stream advantage before u overtake him? 

Incidentally, for cars with CPA....when the red icon & alarm is lighted up, the car is primed for emergency stop or crash. The power assisted brakes are primed for hard braking even when your right foot is weak from the panic or just poor reflex. Thus a normal tap on the brakes can have twice or more stopping power....Thks to CPA.  

18 hours ago, jtang said:

Incidentally, for cars with CPA....when the red icon & alarm is lighted up, the car is primed for emergency stop or crash. The power assisted brakes are primed for hard braking even when your right foot is weak from the panic or just poor reflex. Thus a normal tap on the brakes can have twice or more stopping power....Thks to CPA.  

Have you tested this or is this just a theory? To me, with or without the red icon, braking feels the same.

4 hours ago, pmet said:

Have you tested this or is this just a theory? To me, with or without the red icon, braking feels the same.

Red icon & alarm must be activated TOGETHER ...... u try it. Good luck. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 2:33 AM, dave sinson said:

Mine ride Oct 2016 just changed too ...send in last Wed 16 Aug for noise check when turning, Start / stop rarely comes in nowadays, IU drop off and tranny s/w update (sudden speed up), after I heard various fellow drivers feedback to the Technicians on noise, sudden speed up, battery during the "CLA night" at the end of last month.

sent back for above mentioned inspection, servicing and troubleshooting:

1) the SA told me replace main battery due to low charge and new battery warranty still not extended remain Oct 2018.

2) noise from LH front when turning right eliminated by lube and recalibrated suspension settings

3) tranny s/w updates

4) renew IU double sided tape

My mileage is low 11660km. Mostly...South to West...9 KM each way (5 days); city - 1-2 days

Averaging 8.3 l/100km

Collected this evening after test drive around Queenstown / Alexandra

Hope issues resolved, shall monitor closely

Hi all,

Sad to say my no.2 problem is back!:mad:

Noise from LH front when turning right, gonna arrange for inspection as well as my 15k servicing plus car grooming asap

• 2 months later...

By reading this thread, it seems Varta battery doesn't really last long. I got my main battery replaced during 11k, now after the Service B done to my car. The CPA error start to appear. Went back to C&C to fix the software, and now start/stop no longer functioning. Went back to C&C again and now they're telling my main battery need to be replace in order to make the start/stop working again ! Was quoted $500+ like some of you but I would like to do it outside since the battery is only around $350+/-.

Any recommendation (the reliable one whose know what they're doing) where to get the new Varta Silver Dynamic battery ? I search through sgcarmart and found 6 shop (http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?COM=Varta) but I have never been to those workshop before and wouldn't know the technician can handle Mercedes in a professional way or not. I have a bad experience dealing with those small workshop as my RIM get scratched all over during the first tire rotation ! and yet I still have to pay for the rotation service after they scratched my RIM !

Anyone try Bosch S6 before ? this one seems to have longer warranty period (3/4 years according to Bosch website). Just to confirm Varta only have 2 years warranty right ?