• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Exhaust system

Guest kinky74

Guest kinky74

ok guys need some help on the exhaust system got a c class amg sports package comes with 2 exhaust tip. however i am thinking and asking for the quad exhaust c63 style to be in the package. is it advisable? will there be alot of problem with loss of power?

Do i need to do any major mod to get the power up ?

thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

C63 exos :thumbsup:.

It depend what you want as cosmetic or real quad. There should not be any power lost if it is done properly.Only need to add a Y pipe to seperate it to make it quad.

Other wise it can be a dummy too but not nice :banghead:

will there be alot of problem with loss of power?

Do i need to do any major mod to get the power up ?

when u spilt 2 exhuast into 4, there will be a loss of low end torque due to loss of back pressure, but increase in high end torque. but corrections to the piping can solve that and give u some what of the original power back.

do a search in our forum, there is already 1 thread on this.

hi i am going to ask C and C to implant the posion before they deliver the car to me....that should not be a problem correct do i need to do more mods outside?

caution - C&C might just inplant a dummy version... it might not be the original c63 pipings inside.

i would say its legal since c63 have them as stock

thats like saying - i have a c180 but i put a c63 engine inside and its legal cuz theres such a model...

hahahaha, no offense kinky.

what c&c does for u has to be LTA approved, if not, when u kena inspection and LTA look for u, u can go look for c&c..

Ya and i think......The answer are 'No' from them. Good luck.

C63 exos ....if i am not wrong, it will cost above 3k and not 'suka suka' can get unless from oversea.

And it is very sure that this exos will not come with a permit from LTA.

But....if you are so lucky to get 1, pls keep me and lots of bro here inform.....

I want many AMG conversion for my 'cheap cheap' C200.

Guest kopimonster

let me chip in my 2c....an exhaust system approved for one car, may not be approved for another, even if they are in the same range. Take the Audi B7 A4 for example, a popular cat back exhaust system among that range of cars is the mtm exhaust, which is suitable for use on both the 1.8T and 2.0T models, however, in Singapore, the exhaust is only approved for the 1.8Ts. The reason is becos the car agent decides to apply (which also happens to be a very tedious process) for permit for the 1.8Ts (partly to anticipate for high demand) but did not do so for the 2.0Ts and other models. So if you are getting from the agent, do check with them first, but then again, do what ever you pleases, but juz dun get caught :la:

Guest tategoi

"C63 exhaust is only for sale to owners of C63." is the reply you gonna get. Unless your salesperson get it installed outside C&C.

When I tried to buy a C63 steering wheel, C&C said its not for sale to non-AMG owner and it cannot be fit on non-AMG car >:(

"C63 exhaust is only for sale to owners of C63." is the reply you gonna get. Unless your salesperson get it installed outside C&C.

When I tried to buy a C63 steering wheel, C&C said its not for sale to non-AMG owner and it cannot be fit on non-AMG car >:(

haha... go mbm anything also can :punk1: kinky74, most probably C&C is only going to add the tail pipe for u and cut the bumper to fit. like 9339 said, if you manage to get the real thing, do let us know!

let me chip in my 2c....an exhaust system approved for one car, may not be approved for another, even if they are in the same range. Take the Audi B7 A4 for example, a popular cat back exhaust system among that range of cars is the mtm exhaust, which is suitable for use on both the 1.8T and 2.0T models, however, in Singapore, the exhaust is only approved for the 1.8Ts. The reason is becos the car agent decides to apply (which also happens to be a very tedious process) for permit for the 1.8Ts (partly to anticipate for high demand) but did not do so for the 2.0Ts and other models. So if you are getting from the agent, do check with them first, but then again, do what ever you pleases, but juz dun get caught :la:

Yeah! why I ask that question.. is because a subaru TS fitted with a WRX exos is consider illegal.. likewise a STI exos fitted to a WRX is also consider illegal in the eye of LTA uncle.

Only original exos for the model or LTA approved after market exos.. thats why I know. So better clarify from LTA on other make/model.

Guest kepiting1sg

Yeah! why I ask that question.. is because a subaru TS fitted with a WRX exos is consider illegal.. likewise a STI exos fitted to a WRX is also consider illegal in the eye of LTA uncle.

Only original exos for the model or LTA approved after market exos.. thats why I know. So better clarify from LTA on other make/model.

I think U are rite!

When I try to get LTA approval for my W203 Lorinser twin L/R exos - they asked for the following documentations + a final inspection.

1. Sketch of before & after of the exos installation

2. TUV Cert. for pollution & noise with the relevant Lorinser part number stating it's for the car model i.e W203 C180/C200ML.

I failed the 1st inspection cos when they checked the Lorinser exos part number - it was diff. from the one stated in the TUV Cert.

Good thing that it failed the inspection cos the local dealer indent the wrong exos for me i.e M111 engine and not for the M271.

After 1 week wait, the dealer got the right exos for me and passed the inspection without problem.

So U can see here is that Unker LTA wants:

1. It must have Cert. for noise & pollution std.

2. The exos part number must state that it is meant for that particular car model and also stated in the Certification.

3. Pass their final visual/noise/pollution inspection

After passing the inspection, they issued an approval letter for the exos to be used with the registered number car.

During the 3rd year car inspection at Vicom, at the last station the guys below came up and asked me abt. the exos.

I showed him the LTA approval letter and they lan lan went back down to the pit. :rockon:

Off course there're lots of people out there who don't get approval for their exos.

For me, I dun wanna donate hard earned manee to the garment! :wifstupid:

Guest kopimonster

Yes , all senior are correct......

Anyway, i think non of the EXOS for W204 are LTA legal NOW........

hahaha.... i'm one of the guity one :tongue1:

no worries la bro, on the bright side, TP are less likely to stop mercs or audis on the road if you dun unecessarily draw their attention :D

(oh btw, paisei, cant make it for the last meetup, very diff to go down these days, family commitments man :angel:)

Guest kopimonster

oh ya...btw...since we are also discussing on the legality of exos....is it true that some workshops can bring your car in for inspection on your behalf, and have your inspection passed even if you are fitted with somewhat less than legal exos? :D

and some other workshops can even help you make a swap before inspection, especially if you have purchased your exos from them...

ya...btw...since we are also discussing on the legality of exos....is it true that some workshops can bring your car in for inspection on your behalf, and have your inspection passed even if you are fitted with somewhat less than legal exos?

Yes I have heard of valet inspection services available at a small premium :devil:

ya...btw...since we are also discussing on the legality of exos....is it true that some workshops can bring your car in for inspection on your behalf, and have your inspection passed even if you are fitted with somewhat less than legal exos?

Yes I have heard of valet inspection services available at a small premium :devil:

This is cfm....That's why i dare to mod mine.