• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Replacement of Aircon filter

hjp736

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a 3rd party workshop to get a scone opinion on the filter. It's not dirty thus not due to change.

Today is a hot day. With my 4-5 fan and 22degrees., cabin still feeling warm after driving for 20 mins. I drove straight to CnC to get the mechanics to check. He ran a diagnostic and said my blowers are fine. There was a new same model and he went to try. Turns out that the blower strength is the same . Had to be turn up to at least 4 and 18-20 degree to feel the coolness.

My ride is a w205. Like to hear from you what is your usual setting for Aircon?

Fan, degrees ?

I went to a 3rd party workshop to get a scone opinion on the filter. It's not dirty thus not due to change.

Today is a hot day. With my 4-5 fan and 22degrees., cabin still feeling warm after driving for 20 mins. I drove straight to CnC to get the mechanics to check. He ran a diagnostic and said my blowers are fine. There was a new same model and he went to try. Turns out that the blower strength is the same . Had to be turn up to at least 4 and 18-20 degree to feel the coolness.

My ride is a w205. Like to hear from you what is your usual setting for Aircon?

Fan, degrees ?

So I brought the car to CnC. They did 3 things.

-Change air con filter (they claim very dirty)

- update software

- re gas the Aircon

That evening when I get the car back, at 24-25 auto is good. The next day morning and afternoon still good. (Btw, my car is parked under shelter most of the time). Come evening the air con reverted to the previous state.

To clarify , the air con still blows cold air. But you need to direct the blower to you to feel the coolness at the area. The feeling is not of entering into a air con room where the overall feeling is cool. It is more area targeted rather than overall cabin coolness.

It's really frustrating...