• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Like to check if got ppl interested in W204 tail lamp

darrenwei

Then This is my taillamp

I check out with C&C they told me my is original..

I book appointment with them to see if this can be rectified by them..Hopefully can

My headlamp also same.. all wiring fry and can see the bare wire liao

Forgive my ignorance but the photo you posted doesn't look like the original FL tail lights. And to my knowledge, MB didn't come out with a LED tail light in between the launch of the FL model and the preFL.

Not to point fingers but to my experience, there are times when AD get it wrong or are lesser experienced compared to workshops outside.

Original FL Tail Light (With LED Reverse Lights):

post-105-0-73181100-1463477714_thumb.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi my is not the FL model.. is the w204..

W205 is the fl model..

That why I found it weird..

I went to C&C and they told me is original after they pull out the history of the cat as I ask them if this LED taillamp If is original...

But outside workshop told me is not ..

So who can I trust the truth...

Haiz ......

Hi my is not the FL model.. is the w204..

W205 is the fl model..

That why I found it weird..

I went to C&C and they told me is original after they pull out the history of the cat as I ask them if this LED taillamp If is original...

But outside workshop told me is not ..

So who can I trust the truth...

Haiz ......

Bro, this time you've got your facts completely wrong.

W204 C-Class has been in the market from 2008 till 2014. During that period, the car was facelifted (FL) or if you prefer, refreshed once in 2011. Therefore W204 pre-FL stands for vehicles manufactured from 2008 to 2011, W204 FL is from 2011 to 2014.

W205 C-Class is a completely new model launched in 2015. The FL model for W205 will probably be launched in a year or so.

Back to the W204.

Pre-FL models come with halogen tail lights (top picture), where else the FL model comes with LED turn signal lights (bottom photo, or the photo in my earlier post):

post-105-0-28589900-1463489060_thumb.jpg

Note for the original FL design, the LED turn signals run the full length of the tail light unit.

post-105-0-02046200-1463489453_thumb.jpg

I believe yours isn't original as the LED turn signal lights don't run the full length of the tail light unit, similar to many aftermarket designs. I made this conclusion based on the fact that to my understanding, MB only released two types of tail light for the entire W204 range which is the two designs above.

post-105-0-05301400-1463489460_thumb.jpg

To my understanding, it is possible to install the "newer" FL tail light (original) onto the pre-fl W204 albeit with some programming. I'm unsure how the aftermarket tail lights can be installed. My advice would be to check with the workshop that will be doing the installation especially on compitability, don't just trust what the website says.

Update

Just came out from C&C

After diagnosis, SA told me the issue is the wiring at the taillamp and just need to change the wire will do

I ask him about the authentic of the taillamp

he check the system and the part numbers is the same..

I ask him why there is bulb type..

He said bulb type u can only found on c180 and c200.

C250 got few kind of taillamp.

That what he told me..

Update

Just came out from C&C

After diagnosis, SA told me the issue is the wiring at the taillamp and just need to change the wire will do

I ask him about the authentic of the taillamp

he check the system and the part numbers is the same..

I ask him why there is bulb type..

He said bulb type u can only found on c180 and c200.

C250 got few kind of taillamp.

That what he told me..

Thats what i told u bro!! Did u manage to hoot them on the front headlight crappy wiring?

Thats what i told u bro!! Did u manage to hoot them on the front headlight crappy wiring?

Nope...

They also say is original headlamp...

Worst.. 1 pcs with xenon is $3k plus 1 pcs..

I fainted...

I haven't tell them the quality issue....

I sian half liao... now need to find ppl to settle the rear light if can be solved by a one two hundred as I hesitate whether If I shld go back to C&C to solve this