• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Bilstein B14 on C180 W205

mystream

B14 is serious stuff....be prepared for super hard ride. It's highly recommended for tracking, not so ideal for daily road use. The advantage is that it's height is fully adjustable.

I had Bilstein B12 on my previous ride (W204). The ride is nicely lowered by 25 mm (fixed) or 2 fingers breath. The firmness is perfectly tuned for that car, loving it everyday when I had it. I highly recommend that u check this out.

• Like 1

B14 is serious stuff....be prepared for super hard ride. It's highly recommended for tracking, not so ideal for daily road use. The advantage is that it's height is fully adjustable.

I had Bilstein B12 on my previous ride (W204). The ride is nicely lowered by 25 mm (fixed) or 2 fingers breath. The firmness is perfectly tuned for that car, loving it everyday when I had it. I highly recommend that u check this out.

B12 was one of my consideration also....but I was told by the WS that B12 is not available yet for W205..so have to look at B14...

I was told by WS that B14 is firmer than B12...now I begining to have 2nd thought...anyone experience with KW V1? Is it as firm as B14?

B12 pro kit is actually a factory combo of Eibach pro kit springs & Bilstein B8 shock absorbers. Buy them separately & voila!...u have Bilstein B12.

http://www.eibach-shop.com/mercedes-benz/klasse-w205-c-1_59_12947.html

For Bilstein link, look at footy's post earlier in this thread.

• Like 1

B12 pro kit is actually a factory combo of Eibach pro kit springs & Bilstein B8 shock absorbers. Buy them separately & voila!...u have Bilstein B12. http://www.eibach-shop.com/mercedes-benz/klasse-w205-c-1_59_12947.html

Ya! never thought of this method, thanks for recommendation!

Did a search on bilstein web site, they have B8 for W205!

http://web1.carparts-cat.com/default.aspx?230=1&36=0&35=171&32=100750&34=0,100121&14=4&10=72F81716FB814252A8D740942D591955018004&12=130

What's the price for B12 & B8+Eibach now?

Hi Jtang,

Was quoted 2k+ (include install and alignment). Didn't ask about B12 as it's not available.

By the way, when you install your B12 do you have to change anything for B12 to fix?

Have you used this particular WS before? Installing suspension is not rocket science....most WS can handle this kind of work. For a peace of mind, go to a reputable WS then. MBM or Autospritz is a good place to start.

Have you used this particular WS before? Installing suspension is not rocket science....most WS can handle this kind of work. For a peace of mind, go to a reputable WS then. MBM or Autospritz is a good place to start.

Have not visited this WS before. Visited their Facebook page, they seem to have a lot of bilstein and eibach installation. Will be keeping my finger cross.

B12 pro kit is actually a factory combo of Eibach pro kit springs & Bilstein B8 shock absorbers. Buy them separately & voila!...u have Bilstein B12.

http://www.eibach-shop.com/mercedes-benz/klasse-w205-c-1_59_12947.html

Bro, currently my ride is installed with Eibach pro kit springs, where can i get Bilstein B8 absorbers? 

B12 (B8+Eibach) is perfectly matched together by factory....no noise whatsoever, unlike coilovers. Aftermarket springs with standard shocks is a bad idea. The shocks will give way prematurely as its working a lot harder with firmer springs...hence noise & eventual hydraulic leak.

• Like 1