• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbie on the move

Regis

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

Just bought a used c180 (W204)

Hope to learn more about German Technology!

Cheers!

Regis

Welcome welcome.

Learn more about Germany Technology? Well, simply put... parts are more expensive than Jap parts and so is the servicing at AD

Retired from Modding since 2012
G13B Cultus | GC8C WRX STi RA | SR20DET S15 Hiper Silvia  | E82 135i M-Sports   W176 A250 AMG Sports

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome to the exclusive club of Mercs gangs. You will notice from the day you own your very Mercs feeling is rather self pampering and a deserving one. Point to note to all my brothers and sisters here based in my 3 Mercs there are many work shop you can send to for general servicing. Usually for carparts changes which is common wear and tear parts try to go outside workshops rather than CNC. This is because CNC only replace it based in manufacturers recommendations and they don't repair. Fine were the good old days where mechanic will repair first then change if have to. However based in my bitter experience with one or two workshop that I will NOT recommend you to go to because of inexperience mechanics and unsolveable issues yet you still have to pay. So far I kena OptimaWerkz and RoundAuto which these two workshop in my personal experience is completely hopeless in resolving issues. There are however many good ones out there and some I'd say beyond CNC's ability to understand!. Usually a C,E and S class are much sought after models so you have to know which reliable workshop to go to as some will change your original parts with inferiors without you even knowing as you aren't there to see the mechanics performing the task. Other than that Mercs is Mercs, it's a car you won't regret.

Welcome to the exclusive club of Mercs gangs. You will notice from the day you own your very Mercs feeling is rather self pampering and a deserving one. Point to note to all my brothers and sisters here based in my 3 Mercs there are many work shop you can send to for general servicing. Usually for carparts changes try to go outside workshops rather than CNC. This is because CNC only replace it based in manufacturers recommendations and they don't repair. Gone were the good old days where mechanic will repair first then change if have to. However based in my bitter experience with one or two workshop that I will NOT recommend you to go to because of inexperience mechanics and unsolveable issues yet you still have to pay a heavy price for it. So far I kena OptimaWerkz and RoundAuto which these two workshop in my personal experience is completely hopeless in resolving issues. There are however many good ones out there and some I'd say beyond CNC's ability to understand!. Usually a C,E and S class are much sought after models so you have to know which reliable workshop to go to as some will change your original parts with inferiors without you even knowing as you aren't there to see the mechanics performing the task. Other than that Mercs is Mercs, it's a car you won't regret.