• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

30k servicing

Guanie

Wish to check with the bros here who have done their 30k servicing on the price charged by CnC.

I was advised to be $1.2k when I sent in. However, the website quoted $816 - $960 despite having a clause stating prices are subjected to change without prior notice.

Also, they advised me to change my tyres stating the center thread left 2.8mm.... I was kinda surprise that the bridgestone tires wear out so fast? However, the tyre thread always look so deep n fresh to me every week i wash my car. Do you guys encountered the same?

Also, they advised me to change my tyres stating the center thread left 2.8mm.... I was kinda surprise that the bridgestone tires wear out so fast? However, the tyre thread always look so deep n fresh to me every week i wash my car. Do you guys encountered the same?

Get a depth gauge and measure it on your own if you're not convinced or get a second opinion. 

Wish to check with the bros here who have done their 30k servicing on the price charged by CnC.

I was advised to be $1.2k when I sent in. However, the website quoted $816 - $960 despite having a clause stating prices are subjected to change without prior notice.

U may consider do the engine oil change at cnc and get the list of other items like brake pads / cabin and engine air filter done outside if wan to save up the service credit.

Or just use up all the service credit and do outside servicing when next one is due.

• Like 1

There should be tyre-wear-indicators in the centre grooves of the tyre treads.

Once the overall surface of the tyre reaches the same level of these tyre-wear-indicators, your tyre should technically be replaced.

Thanks for the advise. Just an update, the actual bill came out to be 900plus, which includes some engine cleaner liquid, and fuel additives which I did not opt in for it neither did they seek my permission..because they did ask for my permission during the 15k servicing previously...as for the tyres, they recommended Yokohama which i rejected them...

Thanks for the advise. Just an update, the actual bill came out to be 900plus, which includes some engine cleaner liquid, and fuel additives which I did not opt in for it neither did they seek my permission..because they did ask for my permission during the 15k servicing previously...as for the tyres, they recommended Yokohama which i rejected them...

Is the cleaner liquid specified as engine oil flush ? Just curious. Thanks. 

• 2 weeks later...

U may consider do the engine oil change at cnc and get the list of other items like brake pads / cabin and engine air filter done outside if wan to save up the service credit.

Or just use up all the service credit and do outside servicing when next one is due.

I agree the wear and tear parts should change outside. Especially the tyres, their price are much higher than outside tyre shops.