• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Keep W221 beyond 10 yrs

mike9956

20 hours ago, mike9956 said:

Great stuff...talking about power booster. Has anyone tried X1-R (made in USA and NASA endorsement) EON95 boosted to EON98. If full tank, would save about $18 (based on diff pump price between EON95 with EON98,

I was at KSL City (JB) fortnight ago and this salesperson was promoting and got a free sample btl. Have try as yet. Afraid it might cause engine trouble inspite of USA product and NASA tested/certified

Enjoy your weekend...mike

Could it be just like those fuel addictives? I used Mercedes fuel addictive around $20 per bottle before. Dun really feel much difference using it with ron95. 

On 26/01/2018 at 2:23 PM, Wings17 said:

I just replaced my intake manifold with an oem unit. I will have the say the car is noticeably more powerful from standstill and at lower rpm (which is most of the time the rpm which I drive at)

Because of the higher power I feel that i give less throttle input when requiring to accelerate or climb uphill. I'm looking at about 10L/100km consumption now. Down from 11.5-12L/100km

I think it's worth it. Almost like a power upgrade. 

Following up on this after a full tank of fuel. 

Maybe I'm getting more heavy footed, the traffic that I go through these days are quite usual 

There seems to be not such a large improvement after replacing the manifold. 

Before replacing I'm getting 8.6km/l (11.6l/100km)

After replacing and running a full tank of fuel the recorded fuel economy is 9.1km/l  (11.0l/100km)

Power still noticably better between 1.5-2k rpm. Just to update so that those who consider to replace can do proper math.

• 4 months later...
On 26/01/2018 at 2:23 PM, Wings17 said:

I just replaced my intake manifold with an oem unit. I will have the say the car is noticeably more powerful from standstill and at lower rpm (which is most of the time the rpm which I drive at)

Because of the higher power I feel that i give less throttle input when requiring to accelerate or climb uphill. I'm looking at about 10L/100km consumption now. Down from 11.5-12L/100km

I think it's worth it. Almost like a power upgrade. 

10 to 11l per 100km is seriously very impressive! Wow. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bro wings17, believed its the front airmatic kaput liao...do visit one of the recommended WS (Zen Auto-Ah hui / Chip Soon Auto - Daniel). But ask for a thorough diagnostic first.

One side front airmatic would probably set you back by 500-800$...

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎29‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:27 PM, Erik84 said:

Hi, I've just got a W221; wondering is there meetups for S classes specifically or a general meetup for the Merc community only.

New to this forum. I am also seriously considering to do likewise for a COE W221. How has the (short) experience be so far?

On 12/10/2018 at 5:41 PM, dyeeng said:

bro wings17, believed its the front airmatic kaput liao...do visit one of the recommended WS (Zen Auto-Ah hui / Chip Soon Auto - Daniel). But ask for a thorough diagnostic first.

One side front airmatic would probably set you back by 500-800$...

End up is just the seat occupancy sensor giving issue. 

• 3 weeks later...