• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Is owning a Merc worthwhile to you?

heidtb

like this comment !!

yes , indeed.  

" want to show off " is a part of owning mercedes.

just like buying a Hermes , 

how come a Hermes bag cost 20k - 50k ... 

no extra function like auto refill money or anything  :P

but again ...  " want to show off "

always number 1. 

hahaha,, just sharing...

• Like 1

I had driven BMW , Mercedes clk and now Mercedes E class . But I must say I am quite disappointed with the E class reliability . Recently I just have to overhaul my gear box which cost me $5k . Lately , I was told my air con compressor needs to b changed Bec it giving me a loud noise :( anyone care to give advice on where to get reasonable price air con compressor change for w 211?

I had driven BMW , Mercedes clk and now Mercedes E class . But I must say I am quite disappointed with the E class reliability . Recently I just have to overhaul my gear box which cost me $5k . Lately , I was told my air con compressor needs to b changed Bec it giving me a loud noise :( anyone care to give advice on where to get reasonable price air con compressor change for w 211?

Perhaps you could share your mileage when gear box overhaul was needed. Since you're driving W211 I'd guess the car has weathered a bit? Wear and tear should be expected.

When I did my engine overhaul its mileage was 98k . recently an icon showed up , I went to my workshop to

check . Diagnostic machine indicated manifold issue . I have never experience so many issues driving but this Mercedes E class 230 .

I have serious doubt whether i shd consider merc E class for my next purchase . May be Jaguar XF or Lexus GS ?

I was choosing between the new Mazda 3 (2.0L) vs new c class C180. The difference is 50-60k. Divide by 10, thats 6k per year extra for Merc. Me and wife pay together so thats 3k each per year. The math is a no brainer.

Question is would you prefer to drive a Merc over a Mazda by paying 3k more per annum ($250 per month!)?

For ad vs pi - noticed that it's for pi maybe only C200 and above is worth it and that's into more expensive range. Ad sell c180 advant pi can buy c200.

For the bnb a/b/cal buying from pi at most gives u a higher trim line.

but PI dont have basic function like keyless......... a bit cock to drive a lux without latest frills if you ask me

When I did my engine overhaul its mileage was 98k . recently an icon showed up , I went to my workshop to

check . Diagnostic machine indicated manifold issue . I have never experience so many issues driving but this Mercedes E class 230 .

I have serious doubt whether i shd consider merc E class for my next purchase . May be Jaguar XF or Lexus GS ?

Did you have your E230 brand new ?

Mine was a preowned, everything was ok when I bought it, but 6  months later, some parts starts to fail.

I think this is unavoidable, all depends on the previous owner doing his preventive maintenance.

But the drivability still win

Every time my E230 needs to go workshop, I cursed and swear that I gonna change this bloody car

But after the issues rectified, I fall in love with it again

Guess it a love hate relationship

I love it most when on NSHW, the V6 just sounds so nice when push

• Like 1

I drove a clk 240 v6 . It was good compared to this E230. Heard my mechanic said merc E class is infamous for gearbox and brake disc problems . A disappointment for the brand

But from what my mechanic says

Merc gearbox is quite reliable, it is always the hydro electro plate that causing the problem

This plate control the gears change

I ask my mechanic about my E230, what else to look out for in terms of issues, he says the hydro electro plate, and zhun zhun mine kaput :(

Outside workshop repair cost about 2.5K to 3K, if done at CNC will cos tat least 5K

So far no brake disc issue for me, infact the original brake pad is damn jiak, was not use to it initially