• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Greetings!! Front of C180 got bumped. Any advice for repair?

Greetings to all!

I started driving a used C180 less than 2 months.

Today when I was behind a cab waiting for the cab to turn out to the main road, the cab suddenly reversed into my C180. Before I can react, it hit my car. The front part came off slightly, anyone know where to get a quick fix with reasonable charge?

Appreciate any advice. I need to make a decsion whether to report insurance by tomorrow.

Many thanks!

West Location  -  Shop name is Master Car Spray
                            Located at Penjuru TechHub

HP 9484 8322

East Location   -  Shop name is Royal Group

Located at 53 Ubi Avenue 1

HP 9222 4484

Greetings to all!

I started driving a used C180 less than 2 months.

Today when I was behind a cab waiting for the cab to turn out to the main road, the cab suddenly reversed into my C180. Before I can react, it hit my car. The front part came off slightly, anyone know where to get a quick fix with reasonable charge?

Appreciate any advice. I need to make a decsion whether to report insurance by tomorrow.

Many thanks!

any in car camera captured the accident?

exchanged particulars and driver admit at fault with sign off?

remember to log report within 24hrs.

ur insurance guy helping you to log when onsite should have a list of workshops appointed by the insurance company.

you can use their workshop or any workshop you prefer that can claim insurance repairs.

I hope you have a witness or in-car camera footage of the entire incident. Else the taxi driver might say you hit him and claim your insurance instead. And they will see doctor for all kinds of pain... and somehow the loss income per day SO HIGH its unbelievable. Makes you feel like you should drive a taxi instead of working.

• 1 month later...

The worst thing is the taxi loss of income is very high. one minor scratch can claim thousands of dollars....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 4 months later...

Last night I was filtering into a highway. A younger behind drove too fast and was unable to stop in time. Smashed into my car. Damage is pretty bad. I do have car cam as proof.

Question

1) My insurance ask me to go to their workshop and will provide 1 stop services

2) Should I go to CnC ?

What is the Pro & Con ? I think the repair cost will be close to 10k

Mine is. C180, W205

Thank you

Hi Angchug

Sorry to hear about your car accident.

Since your ride is W205, better to go to CnC to report this accident. Hopefully the driver who knocked into you is not covered NTUC insurance.

CnC does not claim directly from NTUC on your behalf and will have to deduct your insurance deductible first if the other party is insured under NTUC insurance.

The repair of the rear bumper is close to S$10k. I suppose you had inquire with CnC for this estimated repair cost.

Hope you get back your ride soon.

Last night I was filtering into a highway. A younger behind drove too fast and was unable to stop in time. Smashed into my car. Damage is pretty bad. I do have car cam as proof.

Question

1) My insurance ask me to go to their workshop and will provide 1 stop services

2) Should I go to CnC ?

What is the Pro & Con ? I think the repair cost will be close to 10k

Mine is. C180, W205

Thank you

Is insurance with cnc AIG? Think they have quite comprehensive coverage.

You may check w ur SA to discuss the best options cos likely they handle such cases before.

If you're sure and have prove that it's the other party's fault, go AD workshop and claim already! Don't even need to bother how much it'll cost when you have 100% video prove. Why would you even bother to go to a third party workshop which is probably cheaper to fix any damages when you're not the one who is going to pay? No point risking third party workshop on your beloved new Merc, which is still under warranty. Report to C&C and they'll handle for you.

• Like 1