• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Greetings to All

Hi All,

Greetings. Will be receiving my W205 C180 soon, which will be my 1st merc and hope to learn from all the seniors here.

First off, have 2 queries:

1. Is it advised to run in the engine? Had asked the SE and he had mentioned not required.

2. For after sales services (ie. warranty issues, problems arises, etc), will I be contacting the SE or directly with the relevant departments?

Cheers.

Welcome!! Love your nick.

1) yes is better to run-in from 1000 km at least.

2) u may contact the SE or call their service hotline for all your issue/s.

hi, may I know how long it took for registration, from day the car arrived in SG ?

Trying to push for Jun reg for my ride as well.

Thanks

Not sure of the exact date, but understand my ride arrived SG port early Jun and was registered on 17 Jun.

But from my SE, he mentioned that there was only 2 registration session for Jun, 1 of which is early Jun and the other on 17 Jun. So if yours had not been registered, but push to July (guessing only). Do check with your SE.

• 3 weeks later...

My SE also mentioned no need run-in. So the collective opinion is better to run-in after 1000km come back to C&C and change EO and oil filter is it ? I should press my SE further on this

Not exactly no run in required. you are advised not to whack the throttle until redline during the first 1500km. This was what the C class manual says.

• Like 1

I see many thanks for your clarification. I was under the impression that we would need to change EO as per typical Japanese cars initial 1k km change.

New car confirm will not "redline" it's a B class for me after all not a performance car so would not push the limit with my new baby :D thanks nonetheless for the advice !

• 1 month later...