• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fuel Brand and Grade Comparison

What brand of petrol you use and what grade? I have been using Shell 98.
Am thinking to switch to Esso 98.
I've tried SPC before but car was less responsive and higher fuel consumption.

Anyone compared Shell 98 vs Esso 98 before?

Caltex 98 for me. Best bang for buck mileage. Tried the rest too and Caltex 98 worked best. Managed to clock 0-100 in 2.8s in Caltex 98. WOW

U drive a Pagani or Veyron?  :D

hahaha....actually I believe it depends a lot on the car engine... but the costs part is verifiable.... and unless we do a century sprint with the engine having different petrol types we would then be able to compare the timings.

My W204 C180 is quick responsive and quick when using Esso98..... same when I had my previous ride (VW Scirocco). Caltex and Shell 98 not too responsive.

If you don't have mods / piggyback and never in a rush, I guess 95 will work. Else The CEL may appear. The manual says 95 is minimum though but I always stick with Esso 8000.

I'm an Esso 8000 fan. I always believe in "feeding" my car good petrol so that it will perform better. It's just like humans right? Feed them well and they will perform better also.  :D

P.S I know it's skewed logic but just my opinion. :P

Wow seems  like many going for Esso 8000  here.

up for more replies! :)

i do agree generally with the above comments..

Shell VPower indeed more pull .. once in awhile ok, like feeding bird nest or abalone, can't afford to always do it.

SPC lesser power..

Caltex 98 vs Esso 98 anyone compare before? of cos not referring to a actual dyno comparison, but just by the feeling when your right foot presses down the pedal.. :P

Which car? On the E200 W124 I tried 92 once. And even on that supposedly unfussy engine it sounded noisy and felt underpowered.

Maybe when you refuel 92 into W124, you never tune it for Ron92.

I had customers who had refuel Ron92 in to Horses and Bulls. Their main reasons were, where can the horse and bull run in our island?

As and when if they go up north to stretch legs then they refuel Ron98

Maybe when you refuel 92 into W124, you never tune it for Ron92.

I had customers who had refuel Ron92 in to Horses and Bulls. Their main reasons were, where can the horse and bull run in our island?

As and when if they go up north to stretch legs then they refuel Ron98

That's right bro totally agree