• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Lowering Springs

JohnHo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Guys,

Need so help on lowering my W246. Any lowering springs to recommend?

Comfort is still important to my family but will like to lower due to itchy backside and the ah beng in me.

Thanks in advance

go for a good set of coilover........lowering spring looks good but drive not so......

cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I agree, even with a small amount of lowering, you should pair with better shocks. My W204 on H&R Supersport and Bilstein B8 shocks passed the wifes approval even when she was pregnant. For minimal lowering, the B12 kit which I think is Eibach springs and Bilstein B6 shocks will do well. Or you can buy H&R sport springs and Bilstein B6 shocks separate if you can get a better deal that way.

I agree, even with a small amount of lowering, you should pair with better shocks. My W204 on H&R Supersport and Bilstein B8 shocks passed the wifes approval even when she was pregnant. For minimal lowering, the B12 kit which I think is Eibach springs and Bilstein B6 shocks will do well. Or you can buy H&R sport springs and Bilstein B6 shocks separate if you can get a better deal that way.

B12 uses Eibach springs & B8s.

Was on H&R lowering springs. Look nice but they don't work properly with stock shock absorbers. Bottoms out easily over humps.

Consider going for coilover instead. Most has height and damping adjustable to your liking.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Thanks everyone for the very constructive comments.

However no garage has coilovers for my W246 ( B class). I have PM a few site sponsors and all have come back with no available coilovers for W246.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Lowering the springs will bust your stock absorbers prematurely. Better to go for for the full kit...coilovers or B12 Bilstein.

yea this is true.. my front absorber 'ee eee orrrh orrrh' after about 40k mileage with H&R spring.. first 30k was on stock.. total about 70k now..

Currently on H&R .. need to change the front shocks.. So B6 shocks is 1 of the more compatible one for H&R spring?

for changing of shocks, not necessary to change all 4 together right? Just changing the  front pair will do right? Correct me if i am wrong..

Q

for changing of shocks, not necessary to change all 4 together right? Just changing the  front pair will do right? Correct me if i am wrong..

Don't! Change all 4 shocks. U r not getting the optimum performance.

B8s with H&R springs is a very good combo for both road & track use, It is definitely harder than your previous setup.

If you were to go Eilbach springs, it's a lot more comfortable for street use.

• 2 months later...

Hi guy need some experts help,

Anyone know HnR springs on 245/35/19 - 275/30/19

Will it hit the fender?

Thx..

U have not provided the full info for us to help. What ride is yours? What's the width & offset of your rims?

Brand of tyres?

I am pretty sure if you are using 19" rims now with low profile tyres with the new lower springs you will hit t fender and perhaps even experience rubbing of tyres against your wheel well.....with stock springs the entire look already very fierce... no need to lower further... just my opinion bro....plus the savings you can transfer to investment in other safety accessories like better brakes or tyres subsequently... or just put side for future use on the car

• 5 years later...