• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Staggered rim help

noelleon69

Looking for some advice on staggered rim set up from anyone who has experience doing this before.

I'm driving the W204 C180 Coupe with AMG 18" rims as part of the AMG Sports package option. The specs are:

Front - 225/40 R18, 18x8, offset 50

Rear - 255/35 R18, 18x8.5, offset 54

I want to change to a set of rims where the rear rims has that deep set look:

2d17gb9.jpg

I was browing for rims online and come across these specs:

Front - 18x8, offset 40

Rear - 18x9, offset 30

Does it sound right for a fit on my ride? I tried this website http://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ and it does look fine, but this is my first time going for the staggered rear rim deep set look and I guess I want to make sure by asking for advice here so that I don't end up making a mistake choosing the wrong rims. Thanks so much!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Btw, those specs listed by u seem VERY aggressive....

It's easier to go down to a reputable tyre shop where u get right advice on the specs & u can choose from from a wide range of designs on the shelves & catalogue. It costs a bit more than online shopping but it sure beats it in assurance & confidence. Besides, shopping for wheels in tyre shops is always a joyful experience, the smell of fresh Tyres & sight of new wheels drives carnuts 'crazy'. Happy shopping.

My previous c coupe specs for 19" is

Front 225 x 35 x 19

width 8.5"

offset 45mm

Back 255 x 30 x 19

width 9.5"

offset 47mm

It will look chio if the rim is flush as much as possible to the fender. Wrong offset or tyres size will rub the fender after installation. Do u plan to lower the ride with lower spring too?

Btw, those specs listed by u seem VERY aggressive....

It's easier to go down to a reputable tyre shop where u get right advice on the specs & u can choose from from a wide range of designs on the shelves & catalogue. It costs a bit more than online shopping but it sure beats it in assurance & confidence. Besides, shopping for wheels in tyre shops is always a joyful experience, the smell of fresh Tyres & sight of new wheels drives carnuts 'crazy'. Happy shopping.

I didn't think of going to a tyre shop to ask as I paiseh to ask questions on whether this or that spec can fit my ride if I'm not going to purchase anything from them. I've been to a few shops and I don't see anything I fancy from what they have to offer. I was thinking of checking out rims I like online and then see whether they can fit, before checking with tyre shops whether they have that model available or can bring it in.

My previous c coupe specs for 19" is

Front 225 x 35 x 19

width 8.5"

offset 45mm

Back 255 x 30 x 19

width 9.5"

offset 47mm

It will look chio if the rim is flush as much as possible to the fender. Wrong offset or tyres size will rub the fender after installation. Do u plan to lower the ride with lower spring too?

Thanks for sharing, but your specs I believe are based on rims that look the same for all 4? As in the rear rims aren't concave/deep set in compared with the front right? I don't have any plans to lower the ride as I'm quite happy with the ride comfort now. :)

• 3 weeks later...

If you know the width and offset of your current rims, you can calculate the position on the edge of the rims you wan to fit.

The offset is in 'mm' while the width of the rmis in inches. So say if you increase the width of the rims by one inch, it will mean that the rims will protrude width/2 minus the offset differences (if the offset of both old and new rims stay the same, else compensate y the difference of the offset, if stock rims are 48mm offset and new rims are 54mm but new rims are one inch wider, it means the new rim's edge is 6.7mm closer to your fender.