• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

If given choice to start over, would you have bought W204 again?

Guest angela

Let's try this......

Lexus IS250 @ $130K ?

Toyota Mark X $90K same Platform of GS300, Engine of IS250.

BMW 520i , 1995 cc, 156bhp @ $170K

Merc E200, 1796 cc, 184bhp @ $170K

Comparing of car....never ending story. :banghead:

Agreed with bro kopimonster.....Think what to buy next.

:pray: I am still applying .....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

W204 is too noisy to my liking. I came from BMW E60 520i. It may not be fair to compare a C and a 5, but after looking at the boot floor, whereI can see all the bare metals, and not a single damping material used, I am just disappointed to see the built quality of the W204. I am not sure if nowadays E-Class got any damping in the boot areas.

agree W204 is too noisy. in fact 320 sounds quieter, except 320 is harder on suspension.

i am still struggling with all the road and wind noise of W204.

W204 is too noisy to my liking. I came from BMW E60 520i. It may not be fair to compare a C and a 5, but after looking at the boot floor, whereI can see all the bare metals, and not a single damping material used, I am just disappointed to see the built quality of the W204. I am not sure if nowadays E-Class got any damping in the boot areas.

agree W204 is too noisy. in fact 320 sounds quieter, except 320 is harder on suspension.

i am still struggling with all the road and wind noise of W204.

oh gosh.. is the current C-Class really noisy in the cabin? I'm inclined on quality & refinement over power & performance but definitely not something gutless with a decent punch like the C200. Will the test-drive route showcase the noise levels which you guys are sharing?

Guest tategoi

from 520, its only right u should compare to e200. the c is comparable to e 3 series. u should have checked out the e200 & maybe purchased it. but the hp on the c200 class (lighter) is the same as e200 (heavier). so, c should be faster, in terms on performance, then the e...

Actually the 3-series is also quieter than W204.

After dumping an Ah-Pek car, I wouldn't want to jump to another Ah-Pek car :yawn: Now I want a car with a younger image. No offense to 5/E owners :P

Guest tategoi

oh gosh.. is the current C-Class really noisy in the cabin? I'm inclined on quality & refinement over power & performance but definitely not something gutless with a decent punch like the C200. Will the test-drive route showcase the noise levels which you guys are sharing?

You should test drive the car along roads you are familiar with. And please do a back-to-back along the same roads with other cars you are targeting at. Perhaps IS250 will be a better choice if your criteria is quality/refinement, and for the same price range, you have additional 2 cylinders.

tategoi ]

oh gosh.. is the current C-Class really noisy in the cabin? I' wrote:

You should test drive the car along roads you are familiar with. And please do a back-to-back along the same roads with other cars you are targeting at. Perhaps IS250 will be a better choice if your criteria is quality/refinement, and for the same price range, you have additional 2 cylinders.

The current price for the IS250 is selling at $115k.

I test drove one recently and I would comment that the quality & refinement is very good, and is quiet inside.

But is quite disappointed on the power eventhrough it claim 200+bhp.. feel only slightly more powerful than my W203.

tategoi ]

oh gosh.. is the current C-Class really noisy in the cabin? I' wrote:

good suggestion for testing on familiar roads...was under the impression that the test-drive routes are fixed. the IS250 is better choice? I'll try both cars on the same day and judge.

Thks!