• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help! Local pet shelter with 700 animals in danger of being evicted if rental debt is not paid

http://singaporeseen...-if-rental-debt

Help! Local pet shelter with 700 animals in danger of being evicted if rental debt is not paid
Posted on 06 May 2015

Housing more than 700 animals in need, one of the largest pet shelters in Singapore is facing a financial crisis again.

Animal Lovers League (ALL) wrote in to Stomp in an appeal for donations to help settle their rental debt -- or they might face eviction.

ALL, founded by Cathy Strong and co-founder Mohan, is a local pet shelter located at Pasir Ris Farmway.

Tiara, a representative from ALL explained:

"As we are mainly run via donations, we require help from Stomp to get our message out there, to raise more awareness and funds to our cause.

"We are currently experiencing a shortage of rental fees for the months of April and May and in danger of being evicted along with the 700 over animals we house at our shelter.

"For the love of animals and especially for the survival of ALL's 700 dogs and cats, Mohan and I, shamelessly for their sakes, are begging each and everyone who is reading this appeal to come forward to help us help them.

"A pledge of any amount on a monthly basis is needed for the following expenses :

"Rental with 1 Worker $18,400
Water & Electricity $4,125
Late Payment Fine $300
GST $1,598
-------------
TOTAL $24,423

"The amount for the rental and one worker is fixed. Water & Electricity depends on how much water we use to keep the shelter clean.

"Late Payment Fine depends on how many days the payment is overdue. (We are expected to pay by the 1st of every calendar month).

"GST is dependent on the total sum.

"Because of our failure to pay the April rental on time, Eugene who has been seconded to us was taken back, leaving us leaving us short of helpers to cook, feed and clean the shelter.

"A grace period has been given to us for the month of May. We must pay up the rental for May as well as the balance of the April account by the end of May or face the consequence of having our water and electricity cut off.

"Please let us have your pledge now, whether it is $20 or more each month, by Whatsapp to 91546422.

"If willing, you may send a cheque payable to Animal Lovers League, and mail it to Yishun Central P O Box 163, S'pore 917606.

"(Please write your name, address, and email address on the back of your cheque so we can mail you the receipt).

"For Funds Transfer, our DBS Current A/C No. is 015-900383-3
"(Please whatsapp us the transaction receipt and your name, address and email address for your receipt).

"Your pledge, hopefully will convince the landlord of our determination to fulfill our obligations to him.

"Each month you will be updated on the progress of your contributions."              

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but i think spca will just put most of the animals to sleep. I think this shelter was setup to avoid such an eventuality.

Maybe they should contact SPCA?? No point clear few months overdue rentals and run into same issue the next month.

SPCA will just put hem down for sure... too many animals.... And they are in the process of building a new place in Chua Chu Kang Rd.... for their present place will lease out soon....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill