• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Best Hokkien Fried Mee

Guest yogi

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cklasse

Old airport road FC? which stall?

My favourite is the one at Beach road FC basement, just in front of the stair case. The noodle is fried thoroughly and fragrant.

Guest yogi

Ya, the tian tian lai is quite good..... went there again last week and the standard picked up again leh :) Shiok again. But still no "leaves" to ta pau.

Guest kepiting1sg

You all guys and gals out there still young and sweat it out often.

Old Unker like me after 3 mild strokes aka TIA, have to stop eating

all these high cholestrol & fatty cha kway teow, fried prawn mee, bak kut teh,

prata, laksa, ciken lice........once in awhile still tau chiak a bit.....life must be more than fish soup, fish porridge, grilled fish, boiled veggies....;D ;D ;D

prata, laksa, ciken lice........once in awhile still tau chiak a bit.....life must be more than fish soup, fish porridge, grilled fish, boiled veggies.

Unker can I recommend you to eat some oats for breakfast in the morning. really really good for general well being and highly recommended by docs for cholesterol control. ;)

Guest kepiting1sg

prata, laksa, ciken lice........once in awhile still tau chiak a bit.....life must be more than fish soup, fish porridge, grilled fish, boiled veggies.

Unker can I recommend you to eat some oats for breakfast in the morning. really really good for general well being and highly recommended by docs for cholesterol control. ;)

Unker used to sow wild oats and now it's time for me to have oats for breakfast. ;D

Was told they are good, but dunno which type and where to buy.

Your info will be much appreciated!

Unker used to sow wild oats and now it's time for me to have oats for breakfast. Grin

Your info will be much appreciated!

Hehehehe.. just buy the instant version of Quaker oats. Just add hot water or hot milk and voila. Sweeten with a little unrefined sugar or some honey.. add some bananas and you're set to eat.

Back to Hokkien Mee... Thye Hong any good ? At least their prawns are not overcooked and the noodles are wet enough. :P

Guest yogi

dial911 ]

Unker used to sow wild oats and now it' wrote:

Hehehehe.. just buy the instant version of Quaker oats. Just add hot water or hot milk and voila. Sweeten with a little unrefined sugar or some honey.. add some bananas and you're set to eat.

Ya ya... lots of oats, good for you... remember to eat horny goat weed too... ;D

Guest jenvid

Unker used to sow wild oats and now it's time for me to have oats for breakfast. Grin

thot it is sppsed to be swiss oats. <- quite ex or...

Alternatively 2 half boiled eggs everyday lor...I kid u not. do a cholestrol test b4 & after in 2 wks & try try....My colleague drop his from 240 to 180 after a mth or so..

Guest kepiting1sg

Alternatively 2 half boiled eggs everyday lor...I kid u not. do a cholestrol test b4 & after in 2 wks & try try....My colleague drop his from 240 to 180 after a mth or so..

B4 & after like doing dyno izzit???.....wahhahaha!!! ;D ;D ;D

Guest jenvid

B4 & after like doing dyno izzit???.....wahhahaha!!! ;D ;D ;D

Yah yah... got performance boost one.... 2 wks can try lor...

My colleague after taking cholestrol medicine for years and laying off all his fav food is finally back in shape.... He heard this method from an indian med prof visting SG. Hopefully not a quack... :D

Guest kepiting1sg

jenvid ]

B4 & after like doing dyno izzit???.....wahhahaha!!! wrote:

Yah yah... got performance boost one.... 2 wks can try lor...

My colleague after taking cholestrol medicine for years and laying off all his fav food is finally back in shape.... He heard this method from an indian med prof visting SG. Hopefully not a quack... :D

Eat 2 half boiled eggs a day arh? TRhen go for human dyno!!! :D :D :D

Problem when I was young & schooling, my school results always eat eggs wan,

so when grow old I hate to eat eggs leh!!!!....wahahahaha ;D ;D ;D

• 2 months later...

You all guys and gals out there still young and sweat it out often.

prata, laksa, ciken lice........once in awhile still tau chiak a bit.....life must be more than fish soup, fish porridge, grilled fish, boiled veggies....;D ;D ;D

Hi uncle.. then u must try upper thomson's hawker center.. the fish porridge or instant noodle.. is DAMN delicious.. everyday for lunch there is a queue.. the owner had been featured a few times on newspaper for inventing an innovative coin holder.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

yup yup.. ABC market's hokkien mee is wet and delicious.. yum... i was told there's another hokkien mee store along serangoon road near beatty road.. the cook uses charcoal stove.. dun know if this is true or not.. if i've time i'll try.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ABC market... if anyone knows.. at Alexandra/Bukit Merah area

cannot rem stall name, but super long wait during weekend nights...

Yes ABC market, the stall where use to sell Hokkien mee and Satay, BEST, one so their partner spilted now operating in Maxell market

• 1 month later...
Guest Cklasse

This is my favourite too.....best hokkien mee (if you like the dry type). The noodles are fried for a long time until you can test it, unlike most go through motion type of frying.

Think we should do one night drive for this hokkien mee one day. Wonder what time does it close?