• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

(OLD) - B-Road Drive 20th December

Guest angela

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great drive, great company, new faces! :clap:

Yeah great drive !!!

Errr... next time dont make me lead in the fast convoy leh... some convoy member can still watch in car movie while doing B rd leh... damn malu lah... hahaha :bboyspin:

Interestingly, there is signage for elephant crossing leh !!! Still couldn't believe when I saw that.

Guest wuyiche

Great drive, great company, new faces! :clap:

Yeah great drive !!!

Errr... next time dont make me lead in the fast convoy leh... some convoy member can still watch in car movie while doing B rd leh... damn malu lah... hahaha :bboyspin:

Interestingly, there is signage for elephant crossing leh !!! Still couldn't believe when I saw that.

haha.. that convoy member watching the gay movie would be saints... hahahah!! :clap:

my personal thanks to jenvid for keeping a swift and wonderful pace. :iconsalut: :iconsalut: no need to malu

kudos :clap: :clap: to pat/randy/jeff/anthony for initiating the drive... and of course to dennis and roy for breakfast ;D ;D

great meetin new faces - do hope we see you at more drives!! :thumbsup:

Guest wuyiche

One of these days hor.. must invest in one of those in-car suction holders & cam to record the trip.

Then I can see the sparks, drifts and air time.. haha...

yes.. you buy the gadgets.. hand them to me so I can film you from behind... :clap:

It was quite a sight travelling behind you and Xiaohong.. was a little worried when I saw you bottoming out.. and Xiaohong had air time... :clap: plus the sound from the RS4 is quite something :bboyspin:

wuyiche ]

One of these days hor.. must invest in one of those in-car suction holders & cam to record the trip.

Then I can see the sparks, drifts and air time.. haha...

yes.. you buy the gadgets.. hand them to me so I can film you from behind... :clap:

It was quite a sight travelling behind you and Xiaohong.. was a little worried when I saw you bottoming out.. and Xiaohong had air time... :clap: plus the sound from the RS4 is quite something :bboyspin:

Haha... when you are the lowest power to wt ratio car and pushed by a 420hp, 4WD paired with a colorful language. Gotta be fast man & extract every bit of the car prowess... :D wrote:

You want suction base can borrow from me hehehe

You got one of those Manfrotto 241V mount is it ? Looking to mod my GPS mount. keke...

You got one of those Manfrotto 241V mount is it ? Looking to mod my GPS mount. keke...

No sir no Manfrotto suction. It's some Brit shit. Sucks damn good.

Haha... when you are the lowest power to wt ratio car and pushed by a 420hp, 4WD paired with a colorful language.

Yeah that car goes like stink. If she keeps the walkie, I'll bet you'd be thoroughly entertained.

Gentlemen,

I must say i'm very impressed with the way the organisers handled this drive especially since i'm a newbie. The drive it self was excellent, plently of turns and twists.

I would like to say thanks to my group (3) especially to Simon & Jeff. I really appreciate their understanding and patience considering the first part of the drive I was abit "slow" and needed some adjustment to my driving technique. Furthermore, i learnt a new phrase from you guys "time to BUKA." HAhaha..

All in all, it was a adrenaline thrill.

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

Gentlemen,

I must say i'm very impressed with the way the organisers handled this drive especially since i'm a newbie. The drive it self was excellent, plently of turns and twists.

I would like to say thanks to my group (3) especially to Simon & Jeff. I really appreciate their understanding and patience considering the first part of the drive I was abit "slow" and needed some adjustment to my driving technique. Furthermore, i learnt a new phrase from you guys "time to BUKA." HAhaha..

Hey bro, no worries we're glad you enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Guest xiaohong

My dear David, since when did I push you ah? I so nice & sweet. *blink* *blink*

I thought you were trying to test us.....you were driving way too fast! Cant believe some small red arseho*le behind was watching Korean drama (WHILE DRIVING B-ROAD) lor! Then, to have the blue R32 push me lor.....same pattern as C35 & 7070....no wonder, sigh, they all from the same school....

My dear David, since when did I push you ah? I so nice & sweet. *blink* *blink*

I thought you were trying to test us.....you were driving way too fast! Cant believe some small red arseho*le behind was watching Korean drama (WHILE DRIVING B-ROAD) lor! Then, to have the blue R32 push me lor.....same pattern as C35 & 7070....no wonder, sigh, they all from the same school....

a little push is good but not too much hahahaha......

Guest Protoss

Gentlemen,

Glad you enjoyed it! :thumbsup: Do join us for more. ;D

Gentlemen,

no problem bro........ join us for the next one. u also very good for a newbie.........

Hi Convoy 2,

Thanks to Kompressor and 9339. Komoressor are you train in advance driving and diving? :clap:

9339 you are great to overcome the #x*@ lorry that try to be funny with us. GREAT JOB iconsalut:

Thanks for all the lead.

9) Eyke (Bro, please do have courtesy to at least drop me an sms to tell me you unable to join

so sorry, i made the stupid mistake of thinking it was to be on Sunday morning,

by the time i woke up on Sat and saw your morning call sms'es, it was way too late :'(

my sincere apologies for having wasted everyone's time, pls forgive me.

not saying it's anyone's fault but mine only, but pls allow me to make the

following suggestions to reduce problems caused by blur case (like me) for future events:

1) If sms'es are to be sent, then can consider sending reminder sms on the day before the event.

I think that would be more effective than wake-up sms, especially for super-early events.

2) If anyone not there at meet-up place by meet-up time, can consider giving them a call to confirm

if they will be there shortly.

Guest Protoss

9) Eyke (Bro, please do have courtesy to at least drop me an sms to tell me you unable to join

so sorry, i made the stupid mistake of thinking it was to be on Sunday morning,

by the time i woke up on Sat and saw your morning call sms'es, it was way too late :'(

my sincere apologies for having wasted everyone's time, pls forgive me.

not saying it's anyone's fault but mine only, but pls allow me to make the

following suggestions to reduce problems caused by blur case (like me) for future events:

1) If sms'es are to be sent, then can consider sending reminder sms on the day before the event.

I think that would be more effective than wake-up sms, especially for super-early events.

2) If anyone not there at meet-up place by meet-up time, can consider giving them a call to confirm

if they will be there shortly.

Humm.... :angel1:

I also got suggestions leh. :devil:

Next time:

1) Arrange for a big double deck bus (with the fellowing massage chairs, bar counter, pool table, big LCD with PS3 and of course 1x waitress to each participants) to pick us up from our home to our meetup point. (So no latecomers)

2) Arrange for afew trailers to tow our cars to our meetup point also. (Dont need to be caught in the jam at customs)

3) Arrange for courier services to send out invitation cards, 4 days before the event.

4) Get a secretary to give everyone a call the day before and a wake up call for everyone on the day itself.

5) If all this fails, a MB CLS63 AMG Safely Car to pick up whoever that overslept, totally forgotten abt the event and forgotten to bring passport.

Humm... Lets say we pay the organisers abt SGD$5k with min 30 paxs per B road trip? :rockon:

Guest wuyiche

quite honestly, this is the first drive I've ever been on, that there is actually a wake up sms....

most times, if anyone is late... the group just goes if we do not hear from anything from the participant who's late. the onus is on all to show up on time...

but no worries, we learn as we go along.