• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a E200, any good deals to recomend?

sillbeers15

I am looking at replacing my wife's E240 which will hit 10 years in 31 Dec 2015.

Since I still have time to shop, can any kind soul recommend me when is a good time to walk into C&C to purchase as I hear about these 'private sales' offering higher overtrades?

Now is a good time to just walk in... If you are really keen and the SE is hungry. .. surely they can work out something for u.... can also leave ur number with him/her and most probably they'll inform you if there's a private sale...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Now is a good time to just walk in... If you are really keen and the SE is hungry. .. surely they can work out something for u.... can also leave ur number with him/her and most probably they'll inform you if there's a private sale...

Ah Bui,

Thank you for your information.

The reason I put up this question in forum is that I not keen to spending my time and SE time when I feel that situation isn't right for me to commit yet.

I'm familiar with most SE practices and often customers get locked in as individual accounts until the expiry date is over. I prefer to receive news and information from no interest related parties rather than specific SEs.

If not for the reason of selecting a replacement car for my wife to use, I would not like to deal with local agents as their services are not exactly great and price is above par over normal workshops. My personal ride is a SL350 which I purchased from PI. It is less than 12,000km since new and with me for more than 5 years without going to C&C. Owning and driving M. Benz since the day I had my driver's license I've learned that there are multiple source for spare parts and many competent workshops available locally. M. Benz are well made and tough cars, I grew up with my dad having owned several over time, as a matter of fact I still keep his 27yr old W124 E200 with >300,000km clocked under one ownership. Many times, I laughed to myself over the toughness of these cars and they just do not fail on you before one falls out of love with it. As for my wife, I only wanted to give her peace of mind, so agent purchase is again considered now.

• Like 1

Wow so how to buy a car without hassle? I need advise too.

Wow so how to buy a car without hassle? I need advise too.

BM...from my little black book, page 459, line 3349....."Bring an empty cheque, go to show room, point to the car that you want, tell them the colour, tell them to include all options (Max out), tell them when you want the car, ask for the price, sign the cheque, give to them, and you can go home to wait...."

No hassle, what you want they give, what they want you give...simple....

:D  :D  :D

• Like 2

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

BM...from my little black book, page 459, line 3349....."Bring an empty cheque, go to show room, point to the car that you want, tell them the colour, tell them to include all options (Max out), tell them when you want the car, ask for the price, sign the cheque, give to them, and you can go home to wait...."

No hassle, what you want they give, what they want you give...simple....

:D  :D  :D

In 1998 Financial Crisis, I had the successful experience of walking into the showroom, pointed to the car I wanted, choose my options, named my price ($10k discount) walked out with a signed S&P agreement!

In 1998 Financial Crisis, I had the successful experience of walking into the showroom, pointed to the car I wanted, choose my options, named my price ($10k discount) walked out with a signed S&P agreement!

Then what are you waiting for? CGLPS... I also know...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 3 months later...

Thank you for all the advice.

Like many of you have said, I walked into the Alexandra Rd showroom 2 weeks ago to place deposit for a E200 Advangarde since C&C offered guaranteed COE deal.  

I thought all along they offer guaranteed COE? what's this promotion about that C&C is doing? Can enlighten us bro? 

Can share the color of your ride ?

Silver ext w. blk interior to match my other 2 mercs (R230 & W124), such that my driveway would not look too colourful,... :), too bad my W211 would be gone by then my W212 arrives in late June.

Just purchased a set of 19" staggered AMG 7 Twin Spoke rims for my W212,...waiting for car to arrive. Will need to dispose the set of 18" Advantgarde rims that comes with the car.

med_gallery_6268_191_226850.jpg

My rims arrived before my car.